Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Parents and Anime - Minitokyo

Parents and Anime

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 48 total items

My question is what are your parents' opinions on anime? Do they dislike or like it?
Do they accept your passion in it?
At first, during my "DBZ passion era," my ma considered DBZ evil in a playful way. Didnt bother me what she thought. Lol.
Yet, she surprised me with my first Newtype anime magazine with Athrun and Kira on the cover few yrs back. I was happy and cherished it. :)
She even gained interest in Kadaj from FFVII: Advent Children despite the CGI touch she likes. She liked his long hair. Lol. And the bikes he and the ride. That made me smile.
What about your parents?
I would like to know your story.

Marked by the outsider.Signature Image

My parents are generally apathetic to my interests haha... Its a form of freedom that they give me I suppose

evelluchia

evelluchia

Lu-Lu the friendship officer

my parents dont mind me liking it but they hate it with a passion

my parents always seem to comeplain over what i like anyway so t does not bother me

??????
Signature
become a member of minitokyos newest happy family HERE
join the group web site HERE

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

my parents dont mind i like anime, they think is kind of childish some times, cause sometimes it is .

even though my dad watched the higurashi no naku koro ni movie . he liked it and says he may watch the anime someday.

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

my dad will sit through it, probably trying to find common interests sort of thing, but my mom calls it too 2d and she would laugh and snicker at the dubbed versions (heck even I do) of some of the first anime that I watched like dbz and the likes. but she doesn't even like cgi or other anime I've shown her in the future. she doesn't like foreign films or stuff she gotta read. but she doesn't condemn me and encourage me not to watch it.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

unknow unknow unknow unknow

pheonix1992

pheonix1992

F@yt Lein@rk

hmmmm...
sometime my parents mad at me cause I watch too many anime.....
but as long as I do well in study.......
they won't stop me from watching anime.....
hehehehe...

"Taking things to another stage"

They quite understand about anime positive side, at least they let me to be more creative by trying to draw anime figure

My mother dislikes them a little,but i dont mind,she never talks bad about anime,she just dont likes it....My father gets sleepy,when he watches some animes with me,and then he just doze off... xD

LonelyAmure

LonelyAmure

???? Friendship & Love

My parents don't like it whenever I watch these 'cartoons' but they still deal with it. Yup, yup... still, like 4 years ago when I was finding out about manga and THEN anime, I put an ecchi anime wallpaper on my computer, they said that I'm going to turn into a weak-spirited child. Look at me now. My mom is literally jealous sometimes because of my habits and sometimes scolds me about what I do in my spare time, but hey, I keep up with what I do, lol, and I still study. Besides. ^^

( ^_^)o??o(^_^ )Cheers~ my favorite|Twitter|Facebook|Windows Live|Minitokyo|My Wordpress!|USE Tineye-kun!
"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart."

Quote: LonelyAmure ????(@uggubs)??@kilacco??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Zettodono

Zettodono

Come feed the rain...

My father very likes Appleseed, Gangrave and Hellsing :)
My mother.. well i don't know actually :) I've never seen that she watch it.

THINGY

THINGY

Fighting Boredom

Quote by evelluchiamy parents don't mind me liking it but they hate it with a passion

my parents always seem to complain over what i like anyway so t does not bother me

Same here but even after so much complaining after so many years, she still hates it and I think even so more than before, my father just gave up and nods in discontent and both tell me to stop watching/reading and collecting Anime/Manga or related items telling me to leave childish things to children~heh like that would stop me~*end rant*

The thing is... although the types of happiness one can experience are limited, there are unlimited variations of misfortunes.
*Fooly Cooly*
Signature

assiah

assiah

first makes them mad

My parents are... neutral with it, really. I doubt they really care.

"Though destinies may be thwarted, Fate is absolute."

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

My mom never really cared. When I first got into anime, when I was 13, by a friend, she thought it was kinda weird and would always ask me why do I watch things like that. Then when I got older she watched Advent Children with me and thought it was cool even though she fell asleep halfway through. She's also watched Kiddy Grade with me which she bought for me on Valentine's Day because for some reason she wanted to get me a Valentine's Day present. My dad would also wondered A LOT about why I watched anime and liked it so much when I was around 12/13, but now he doesn't care though he did make jokes about it from time to time, but now he is also cool with it and even bought me all the Vampire Princess Miyu dvd's online with his credit card which he did completely on his own after he found out I liked it. That made me happy.

Mekartur

Mekartur

Hiko Seijuro

They don't care so much... sometimes just make some comments about, when I'm watching. But they aren't really interested.

Hiten-Mitsurugy-Ryu: KUZU-RYU-SEN!!

I had known anime since kid and at that time my parents didn't mind to buy me manga and DVD.
Until now, they still not oppose me about my hobby. Well, sometimes they warn me to reduce watching too much anime because they afraid my grade will drop. But I kept my grades well and they seems fine with it.

It don't make any harm to me, so they think. And they also told me that at least it's better than drugs.

evelsubaru

evelsubaru

the anime addict

well i think you know my mama and how much she loves anime soo much (she loves it more then i do hehe XD)

so i dont think she has any problem with me or any of my sisters loving anime

Signature

My parents would laugh at me when I watch anime, but not prevent me~~~

they have nothing against it, my mother even saw hotaru no haka and after that she respects anime as a part of japanese culture.

hm.. When I was in primary school, i watched Candy-Candy with my father. XD

my parents said that anime just for children..
but i like anime so much

Loli-Berry

Loli-Berry

ON HIATUS

my dad seems to likes anime but as for my mom... i don't think she hates it or anything but i think its okay with her :)
and as for grandparents(do they count too?) well they don't like anime but they don't mind me watching they said something about the Japanese took over our country (which is the Philippines) when they were young and did bad things and me and my sis was like: "PAST IS PAST!" my dad added: "its not like the people from the army of japan made these animes right? LOL!" hahahahahahahaha~~ xD

"?'ll ???e yo? ?o dea??!" -?yoya ???ar?
Signature

Me they hate it so i'm really sad about that. T_T When i'm making an artwork it's a secret. I don't show it to them because you know what i mean. [I don't wan't to put those words] [it's really sad]

they don't care too much about it ....

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 48 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.