Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is SEGA feeding off Vocaloid's fame? - Minitokyo

Is SEGA feeding off Vocaloid's fame?

Tagged under Vocaloid

page 1 of 1 1 total item

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

Meh , I'm not too sure where to post this , anyways...
I'm pretty sure you would have heard of Vocaloid , an artificial singer programme which was started by several people who came together in Japan and it became a huge hit there and the cast of characters increased over time...
Well , skipping the introduction , there's a game called Hatsune Miku : Project Diva for the PSP. Certainly , it's a very good game with high customization content ( Not unlike MikuMikuDance but far easier to use ) and an addictive gameplay but I have a nasty hunch that SEGA is kinda feeding off Vocaloid's fame. )
I mean , ALL the songs in the game's default data base were entirely made by fans , SEGA only tuned it up a little. ( Such as improving the tune and changing a bit of the lyrics , such as the fact that World is Mine's last few words were changed from "Check 1,2" to "Hey , baby" ) and I'm not sure but the dance moves in the MMD programme and the game itself are extremely similar. ( Just to let you know , MikuMikuDance is an Animation programme originally devoted to Vocaloid and yes , it's free and was released before the game itself )
They didn't even bother to add the songs of other Vocaloids ( Sure , it's called Hatsune Miku : Project Diva , but since they added the skins of other Vocaloids , it'll be seriously awkward to see Kaito singing in Miku's voice to be honest )
Much to my surprise , they seem to have copyrighted the Project Diva music as well ( Some videos were taken down from Youtube I believe , for Copyright infringement ) . The irony is , Vocaloid's copyrights belong to their original creators and the music is...well , unrestrained , the programme itself is to be bought but the songs can be published and shared at will.
Hmm...I don't know whether I am over-reacting or not but I just feel that SEGA didn't really put in much effort into that game and seems to be simply feeding off fans' enthusiasm over Vocaloid...thought I'd post my opinion for once :P

page 1 of 1 1 total item

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.