Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Scan Deletions - Minitokyo

Scan Deletions

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

I thought versions with text and without text are both allowed to coexist in the gallery.
I want to know why has my scan been deleted when it was beautifully cleaned and way easier to wall than the non-cleaned one.
To be honest, I'm getting very annoyed at my scans getting deleted for reasons that are overlooked when it comes to other scans.
It happened with another one of my scans as well. The version that was kept had worse colors and was cropped more than how my scan was.

Signature

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

Well, I've deleted your 'fixed' version for being smaller than the text one. If you happen to find a bigger version of yours I might think about allowing in the gallery. Anyway yours was not completely detexted so it's just a double (and we keep fixed scans only if they are very very HQ and you almost can't tell they've been edited).
Then I browsed your deleted gallery but couldn't find the other scan you mentioned... mind telling me which was it?
And about this:

Quote: I'm getting very annoyed at my scans getting deleted for reasons that are overlooked when it comes to other scans.

Examples?

Signature
!Death to J-Rock scans! >.<
What is Kayurachan doing? Just see it on my userpage :3
Sheq says: XD one sec, eating an egg XP

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

It was named Dance around the Chessboard, if I remember correctly.
Example: 1 & 2 and many more from the Bleach gallery (it was easier to find those there).

The text difference is really small in some scans that are kept both cleaned and uncleaned, which is why I found it odd that mine was deleted whose text was more than half removed. Not to mention the text covered important areas which are pretty difficult to reconstruct if the scan is vectored.

Signature

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

Ehh, Bleach is a very huge gallery and still needs to be cleaned. By the way, I deleted this for poor quality so thank you for your report.
"Dance around the Chessboard" was not deleted by me, gotta make a quick chat with Madoshi on it.

Signature

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

This is the scan I'm talking about. The fact that it's self scanned may be an extra point, but my scan didn't have the hair in the left cropped, the colors were less contrasted/saturated and I believe the quality was better too .

Hehe, yeah, big galleries issue. Although I reported many Bleach scans like the ones I gave an example of and none were deleted. Which is why I keep on complaining about my cleaned scan.

Signature

MadoshiKurefu

Retired Moderator, Scanner

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

The comment says "I found this scan" and not self scanned like you say in this thread so no extra point here. Anyway I have deleted your version because the other scan is bigger and both scans have nearly the same quality. Yes, a very small part of the hair is missing but I thought that it's so little that I have choosen the bigger scan to stay in the gallery.

EDIT: Sorry, about the self scanned thing. It seems I didn't read carefully enough.

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

I meant an extra point for the other scan, mine isn't self scanned.
Well, I still think mine is actually better from several points of view and easier to use, but no point in arguing so whatever.
Thanks for the answer.

Signature

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

Agree with Madoshi.
I just wanted to say it's never easy to make the right choice in similar cases... and me and Madoshi might have different thoughts and decisions. In this particular case I'd say both scans have screening and compression artifacts; blwolf's scan is just slightly better quality than yours and has been kept for its size.
But it's never an easy choice.

Signature

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.