Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 I've hit an Artist block... - Minitokyo

I've hit an Artist block...

page 1 of 1 16 total items

as the title says, i havent drawn anything in months and i feel like ive lost my inspiration.

have you ever hit a artist block?

how did you get out of it?

lean angel, believe you can fly

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I write and it's in the artist family and trust me it's the most annoying thing ever when I've gotten it in the past. sometimes viewing my past works can sometimes jump start my brain. maybe a change of environment or scenery, like a walk to the park or maybe a trip to the zoo (just examples). maybe this might help jump start your creativeness, just keep experimenting and see what might come about. who knows what is laying in wait to being unlocked just based entirely on the environment in which you're currently in. also the state of mind can also trigger writer's block.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Quote by angelxxuanI write and it's in the artist family and trust me it's the most annoying thing ever when I've gotten it in the past. sometimes viewing my past works can sometimes jump start my brain. maybe a change of environment or scenery, like a walk to the park or maybe a trip to the zoo (just examples). maybe this might help jump start your creativeness, just keep experimenting and see what might come about. who knows what is laying in wait to being unlocked just based entirely on the environment in which you're currently in. also the state of mind can also trigger writer's block.

thx alot, i'll try those out :D

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

Maybe your brain is tired, you have to sleep well to recover inspiration and energy, sleep outside of your house, or on a different room, it's what I do when I'm out of ideas, I sleep on my hammock, near a Molle tree...

I don't know the translation of "Molle", sorry :P

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

Quote by HuesinMaybe your brain is tired, you have to sleep well to recover inspiration and energy, sleep outside of your house, or on a different room, it's what I do when I'm out of ideas, I sleep on my hammock, near a Molle tree...

I don't know the translation of "Molle", sorry :P

haha ok i'll also try that

That happens to me sometimes...during a long period of time I only draw a little...but there always come again times when I draw just anywhere-even on toilet paper lol. Maybe you just need a break :D It may help you to relax and try to write/draw/anything else in that state of mind. I always made my best drawings when I'm relaxed :D

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

ive gotten my artist block, but not the drawing one since i cant draw at all.

as a musician, sometimes i dont get inspiration to make new music or lyrics, you might as well just take a break for it, or go back to your roots. and remember what about doing it makes you feel relaxed and happy.

doing live gigs also helps a lot,but i dont think there are live gigs for drawins.

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

when i hit a block, i do a lot of observational drawing, sometimes it helps to just draw what you see.

no...never O.o

well, maybe you could just write down whatever that comes to your mind no matter wheter it matches the story or not
later then you could sort of change the little details and try to combine them together
or, you could just watch movies, anime, books......etc. and take out bits of the story line from them and change them into your own script

Lykea

Lykea

Jin

Music.

That and watch an anime series in one go - it easily puts ideas back in ur head ;D

I agree with listening to music. I like to listen to Pandora ((online radio)) since it will have music that I don't already have and so I will be exposed to fresh music and as a result, fresh ideas. I also like to go and looked at images of art books or even look through the pics I already have. Things like that.

so , listen music give inspiration, only if its your favorite group or band, but you dont listen this song , other god idea is see the sky many time

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Am currently having one...Not in the mood to vector...Maybe later make something awesome (I still have some things to finish that I left for...Am so sorry to my collabrators to have them wait so long) <3 I will just await the right time as I am dead for wallpapers for the time being (still doing signatures, displays, icons, etc)

Had some before but weren't this long...
Well, best thing is...Don't drop it all, I'll just get back to creating wallpapers when I have more interest in it. It's never a full-block. That would mean that I lost my sense of creativity which takes a lot to happen.

Oh yeah...I did get back to normal drawing and is going awesome for now. Better than ever I guess but I lost the touch of men (seriously, can't draw them for shit now). Then again, dropping out for a while is a good thing! Whenever I return, I just skipped 10 levels or something. All, in all....I'm not worried about it at all.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

im in a block too good luck tho.

Sometimes there are some art forms where you completely loose inspiration for. I used to draw comics on an hourly basis in Jr. High, but now I can't do it worth crap. Sometimes giving it a break is good. Try new things to get different inspiration. If you find that you can't draw because you keep throwing it away or your inner critic is destroying you, tell that little voice to shut-up and let yourself finish a piece of work, even if you think it is not very good.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.