Black Rock Shooter wall - YES or NO?

page 1 of 1 19 total items

TiffYG2133

TiffYG2133

• WINNER •

Cancel

I recently made this wallpaper and I used a render from HERE and I'm not sure if this is an image from that pixiv site or not (don't ever go there it's not in English) O_o I wanted it to be different than the other BRS walls so I turned the floor on it's side & made it pastel blue and I used a grunge texture brush in other pastel colors - green & purple and added the twinkles & floral things in the corners and the little saying is from HERE. Do you think it's good enough to submit...feedback appreciated & thanks! ^_^

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3546/blackrockshooterme.th.jpg

Signature

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

Cancel

flip it to the side and remove the text. if you do that then YES

if not... well... NO.

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

• Jul 03, 2010

TiffYG2133

TiffYG2133

• WINNER •

Cancel

yah then it'll look like the million other BRS walls...thanks 4 the help <_<

Signature

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

Cancel

Quote by TiffYG2133yah then it'll look like the million other BRS walls...thanks 4 the help <_<

gezz dont need to be a meanie, and areyou saying the other brs walls are bad?

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

• Jul 03, 2010

TiffYG2133

TiffYG2133

• WINNER •

Cancel

The way I saw it you were being the insulting one first & I was simply defending my work because you basically said it sucked because it was on it's side!
I was saying that there are a ton of BRS walls with a similar BG to mine (the tiled floor or walls) and I was trying to take that idea and make something different out of it...seriously if you think about it do you think I was use a similar idea if I didn't like the BRS walls! O_o

Signature

looker

looker

living of experiences

Cancel

I like it :) it is confusing though xD
I think that the floor/wall don't mach with the picture or the text itself...

Cheers ;)

Power is useless when you love no one, because you haven't got anyone to protect

• Jul 04, 2010

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

Cancel

Quote by TiffYG2133The way I saw it you were being the insulting one first & I was simply defending my work because you basically said it sucked because it was on it's side!
I was saying that there are a ton of BRS walls with a similar BG to mine (the tiled floor or walls) and I was trying to take that idea and make something different out of it...seriously if you think about it do you think I was use a similar idea if I didn't like the BRS walls! O_o

you asked for a yes or no, i gave you my answer and gave you my reasons, my opinoin to be presise.

if i seemed offensive ( or if i was offesnive) i apologize.

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

• Jul 04, 2010

TiffYG2133

TiffYG2133

• WINNER •

Cancel

Quote by lookerI like it :) it is confusing though xD
I think that the floor/wall don't mach with the picture or the text itself...

Cheers ;)

The BG is too pastel right...needs to be darker, grungier? :(

lol I like the confusing part lol

Signature

looker

looker

living of experiences

Cancel

if you like it, nothing else matters :)

Cheers

Power is useless when you love no one, because you haven't got anyone to protect

• Jul 04, 2010
Cancel

i like it.... but maybe you want to make the background more "grungier." Right now the character stands out too much on this light background. Make it darker?

Cancel

very good for your wallpaper :)

This is my deviantart
Signature Image

TiffYG2133

TiffYG2133

• WINNER •

Cancel

Here is the more Grungy updated version...better?
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3546/blackrockshooterme.th.jpg

Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Cancel

First off, not knowing if the image is from pivix only really matters if you plan on submitting it or not. If you aren't sure and want to submit the wallpaper here, I'd recommend trying to found out as much as you can beforehand. With that in mind I am rather happy to see a fairly different image used than the typical Black Rock Shooter variety.

As for the wallpaper itself, I've taken a look at both of them and the one things that really confuses me is the perspective. It took me a little while to gather that she was actually skating on the surface. Angling it the way it is can make the viewer confused and disjointed. If you do want to angle it, I'd recommend rotating it roughly 30 degrees clockwise so help balance it out a bit better.

The text itself is a clever idea, but it doesn't fit very well on the light colored background. As for the grunge, well, let's just say I think the first version is a lot better. Grunge generally works better when it's carried throughout the wallpaper and putting a dark boarder around such a light colored background is rather rough on the eyes.

I certainly like the concept you have going on and I'd certainly say it's got potential, but it's just not quite there yet! I look forward to seeing what you have planned for this wallpaper!

Signature Image

• Jul 22, 2010
Cancel

yeah its better... :)

belson

belson

Monitoring for your mom!

Cancel

it might be my habit but...... u can use some gradient maps or channels mixer or even color balance to blend the picture with its background. Is it me or did everyone forgrt the shadows? Because i cant if the character is skating on surface or floating in mid air. Maybe a light source + some dodge/burning might add sone depth in the image.

ang3llove

ang3llove

Only L0ve ~ smtOwn

Cancel

Hmm.. i actually preferred the original one coz it had a more simple abstract design that fit well with the upside down image and checkered background. What i think the updated version fit well with is the font coz theyre both black

Well i like simple designs so if i were you, i would just go back and change the font a little to suite the image more, and try to make the character more like the central point rather than the wall edge which i kept looking at coz it came out more. Nonetheless i like the whole upside downness of the wallie so good job! X)

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

Cancel

i agree with cy, you should use a dutch angle (15-20 deg from horizon is all you really need, my guess is that 30-40 is pushing it.) as opposed to a full 90 degree rotation.

the grunge would work except the textures that you used are too severe, not sharp enough and too concentrated. find higher quality textures, lighten the colors on the textures (ALOT), and put them more centered around her otherwise you are in danger of pulling focus away from your central object. the textures shoudl look like they are in the background and not in the foreground.

as for the shadow, dont use a drop shadow, its just not technically right. you will get closer to a correct shadow if you just try to eyeball it

Signature Image
vector-wallers tag-licious

TiffYG2133

TiffYG2133

• WINNER •

Cancel

Thanks for the input everyone...when i get more time I will revise my wallpaper and post it back up here (^_^)

Signature

Cancel

i feel that ur grunge is a little tooo grunge? maybe lighten up, like overlay, or make it 50-70 opacity? because your focus is miku, the rest of your image should not over power her. i think your fonts could do with a little work..haha. a different font type, because it doesn't really fit in with the overall image..
but most importantly is to trust ur feelings and take in honest advice that u feel that will help with ur work and personal style :D

• Sep 03, 2010

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.