Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deletion of Wanna Play... - Minitokyo

Deletion of Wanna Play...

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Strike105X

Strike105X

ヒットハード&高速

Okay maybe not artwork of the year but deleted ... Why ?

- It was too simplistic. -This one drops as i did the BG and if this is to simplist there are way more simple walls out there needing a delete.
- The subject was too blurry or over-filtered -again no quality was good filtering just right Imo.
- It used screenshots or unmodified stock photos -nope.
- It was a low-effort wallpaper -well it wasn't the biggest wall i pored myself into but still...
- It was an alternate version of an existing wallpaper. Please only upload one version of a wallpaper. If you wish to display alternate versions, you may post an offsite link -nope...
- It did not feature an anime-style image.... it featured.

And the original image was not from pixiv, to the best of my knowledge it is not posted there.

Link to the deleted wallpaper:

http://strike105x.deviantart.com/#/d2sniih

Signature

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

It was deleted for lack of description. You must always include a proper description on how you made the wallpaper.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

Strike105X

Strike105X

ヒットハード&高速

Excuse me but: lol.

Sorry to say while it wasn't the most elaborate description there was a basic one. the rules state as follow:

Quote: You may not submit any artwork which when viewed is clearly indicative of extremely low quality and effort. The following compositional and technical weaknesses may result in the deletion of your artwork if they are significantly present in the submission:

* poor extraction, including obvious and apparent scan extraction edges,
* doodles, or other items exhibiting obvious poor planning,
* blurriness,
* extreme pixilation,
* enlarging of original scan image,
* no effort in integrating the background and foreground,
* "brush-whore" or "filter-whore," depending on overall quality,
* "ghosting," the use of a character image on low opacity in the background,
* collages of small scan images without visible effort at composition or incorporation, or
* lack of effort in any area.

Proper description is only necessary if i'm aiming for the elite gallery:

Quote:
The Art Gallery contains two classifications, the General and the Elite Gallery. The Elite Gallery contains submissions of notably high quality. Members have the option to view only the Elite Gallery or both. Inclusion of artwork in the Elite Gallery is the sole discretion of the Minitokyo staff. You may not request that your submissions be added to the Elite Gallery.

The following criteria determine the inclusion of artwork in the Elite Gallery:

* Completed artwork which shows no immediately apparent or significant technical or compositional weaknesses.
* Artwork that demonstrate thoughtful incorporation of a variety of techniques, proper placement of focal point, balanced composition, and expression of concepts or emotions.
* Proper descriptions must be included for consideration for inclusion in the Elite Gallery. Proper descriptions should generally include: number of layers, brushes/effects/techniques used, links to scans or stock images in the submission, proper credit to members for scans/scan websites/vectors, collaborating artists if relevant, difficulties and obstacles encountered in creating the artwork, time spent, and the artist's personal judgment on how effectively the piece achieve the original concepts.

Proper or a more complex description is only necessary if i'm aiming for elite which is my choice and in this case i chose not to aim, seeing as there where no grounds quality wise for the deletion i guess it can be reuploaded.

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Quote by The Policy Section IV: The Gallery- You must provide a relevant description of all gallery items you submit. Minitokyo moderators will delete any submission with a description that is incomplete, irrelevant, incomprehensible, or plagiarized.

Signature Image

Strike105X

Strike105X

ヒットハード&高速

Yes that was what i was referring to as a basic description. I can't promise is exactly the same it has been some time but approximately it should be the same:

Quote: Wallpaper made with a drawing/scan of Suigintou i found, extracted/edited/cleaned. Wiped (either this or i said vectored) out a quick BG to go with the image. Don't know why i made this, still enjoy ^^.

As it can be seen its quite a simple wall of course the description is simple as well, IMO its fitting as an description.

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Your original description was: Wallpaper made with a drawing i found with Suigintou. Enjoy.

I think your new one is much better. All we're usually looking for is just a little info about what your creative process was. It's one of our ways to help ensure that the wall is not ripped. I think your new description would be fine, but I'd wait until a Wallpaper Mod stops by here.^_~

Signature Image

Strike105X

Strike105X

ヒットハード&高速

Quote by fireflywishesYour original description was: Wallpaper made with a drawing i found with Suigintou. Enjoy.

It was ? damned be me, i apologize then, though i usually try to provide here on minitokyo a rudimentary/basic one seems this time i screwed up :P.

Quote by fireflywishesI think your new one is much better. All we're usually looking for is just a little info about what your creative process was. It's one of our ways to help ensure that the wall is not ripped. I think your new description would be fine, but I'd wait until a Wallpaper Mod stops by here.^_~

Okay and sorry about that ^^.

Signature

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

If I restore it, please be sure to update the description =)

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Can you provide a link to the original source?
If not, upload it to an external server and link us.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

Strike105X

Strike105X

ヒットハード&高速

You mean here to link or in the description ?

Anyway adding here and if needed will add to the description to.

Hmm... seems the original link from where i got it is dead... ( if i remember right it was from the authors web site): this is the original dead link: http://www24.big.or.jp/~foil/gallary/ginsama.jpg

I uploaded the original to imageshack, here it is: http://a.imageshack.us/img535/9024/dbd06acd276e3c78f2794fb.jpg

Quote by Chloe-chanIf I restore it, please be sure to update the description =)

Updated ^^ and sorry that i didn't realize that i didn't offer a proper description :/.

Signature

Fran

Fran

u__u
I'm afraid I'll have to delete it since the image comes from pixiv. And pixiv artwork is not allowed at MT due to an agreement with that site.
I had the feeling it came from there but I couldn't find the link but here it is.
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=775364

I'm sorry about that.

Strike105X

Strike105X

ヒットハード&高速

I'm curious about something though, do images that get shared by the same author on pixiv and on also other sites count ? Also what about if i talk with the original author does the pixiv agreement takes priority over that as well ? (asking since i got the image from the authors site not on pixiv in other words just cause its also posted on pixiv doesn't make it unique to them :P).

Here is the authors site: http://www24.big.or.jp/~foil/ (now working)

Here is a quick link to the art on his site: http://www24.big.or.jp/~foil/gallary/ginsama.jpg

I understand about the agreement but if the original author does not share it PIXIV exclusive then the agreement has no basis imho.

Signature

Fran

Fran

We were asked to remove all pixiv content from MT. If the original artwork is there, it will be deleted, regardless that the author might have a personal site.
Sorry!

Strike105X

Strike105X

ヒットハード&高速

Np i'm just asking and since my question either only got answered partially or its a little confusing i would like to ask some more if its not a problem :P. So what your saying is if i for example make a lets say indy art, i can't upload it both on minitokyo and pixiv ?
And also that PIXIV has more right about what happens to the image then the original author ?

Signature

Fran

Fran

We have a case like that, a pixiv artist posting at mt. :P
Well, you can, its your artwork after all.

Strike105X

Strike105X

ヒットハード&高速

So in other words if i get the authors approval to use his image in my wallpaper and to upload it here it overrides the agreement right ?

Signature

Fran

Fran

http://forum.minitokyo.net/t67940
lol, i kinda think you didn't read the thread..., but short answer, yes.

Strike105X

Strike105X

ヒットハード&高速

Thanks for your time and explaining things to me ^^ also....

I hope this comment is not gonna seem as rude (that's the last thing i want) though one thing seems slightly faulty in this agreement and that's the fact that if the image is shared by the original author outside of pixiv it still falls under the pixiv rule even if pixiv is not the source (just another mirror) :P.

Signature

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.