Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 School:Whats its real purpose - Minitokyo

School:Whats its real purpose

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

angered-heart

angered-heart

the darkness is within me...

I was wondering, I asked some of my classmates about what they think about school. Majority said to mingle with friends. some say to learn and a few, to "suffer". well, i got those answers in school and i want to know your answers here as well...

simply-5th-heirloom

simply-5th-heirloom

MT, welcome me 'cuz I'm BACK~

nah... i'd rathr call it like " eating a sweet bitter gourd "

lol, well, i jst find it good nd bad at some points...

it's been years . . . but MT's one and only Sim-chan IS BACK.

angered-heart

angered-heart

the darkness is within me...

SO MUCH! at ones point of view, it depends on the situation XDD

simply-5th-heirloom

simply-5th-heirloom

MT, welcome me 'cuz I'm BACK~

lol u r soo ryt there...

heart-chan...

it's been years . . . but MT's one and only Sim-chan IS BACK.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I just sort of slept through school and got graded mostly on attendance and teachers often gave us the answers. so I guess I used it as another chance to write, read and sleep. I was sort of the weirdo antisocial person no one really wanted to hang with me. that's what I get for being another religion in the wrong part of the united states. I can just stand out easier in the crowds these days.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Nubes

Nubes

Blah blah blah!!!

well... I sorta did nothing in school... I kinda was invisible, I didnt study, I only did my HM, and I passed (don't know how)
Schools are supossed to teach for preparing u to the future, meaning that it should give u the basis for the main or primarial subjects (but i guess if u're studying arts, What does Math have to do with ART, I mean yes, geometry, trigonometry, and etc, but algebra and physics)

whatever, school sucks and college too...

I never knew what would it be the real purpose of going to school until when I've finished my studies. It is really important and really much needed to mold myself with the profession what I'm taking. It will be seen at the end when graduation. Some say is a terror, nothing much or none at all.(
Turning Winds)

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

pft kids these days, your future depends on school

you go to school to learn and get a degree so you can get a career and make money

but its much more than that, where else would you find sexy college girls O_O

Signature

School = knowledge but it does not bring in a career and money.
If kids what to get a job, they need to get their hand dirty instead of reading it from a book.

Signature

hitocomaru

hitocomaru

I now have hope... Well some.

It's suppose to try and make people better in every way to produce a good prosperous society. However it still fails epically.

???? ^^ ?.?""

Eternita

L o l i t a;_?

I think there are many different reasons
why people go to school--why we have to.

Not only for the knowledge, some of which
you THINK you won't use in your life time but
actually will, but also to be social. I mean,
school is mostly the place where you meet new
people & create bonds. Doing that outside of school
would be a lot harder considering that all of the
kids in there have something in common--something
BIG in common. Yuu know? ^^

well...actually, going to school and study should for knowledge, but now became for marks edi...

brainwash us into become civil slaves and emotionless humanoids

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

=^.^= exelent

To prepare people for life in society. Who has the role of educating people? The family.

This is the reason you know miseducated people at the school.

This is the reason people don't clearly know what they're doing at the school.

We're inserted in the same problem. Do you know what is this problem that made you start this thread?

Just waiting for your answer to discuss it more and properly.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

ahhhhhzness

ahhhhhzness

beastly

well learning is important ... but sometimes the way its done in school is counter productive ...

so i fell school is a bit of learning ... what the school teaches and life skills form interacting with others ... also hanging with friends and having fun .... and eating decent food ... and suffering :)

demons run when a good man goes to war, night will fall and drown the sun when a good man goes to war, friendship dies and true love lies, night will fall and the dark will rise when a good man goes to war

River Song
Doctor Who

school = where you're liked, hated, get tortured by books, people, exams, collect some godd memories and learn some stuff
college = ....same thing with more workload, sleep deprived, hw becomes your life (which is sad really) and no holidays (in my case)......

but they're both fun (suffer) XD just another phase of our life

MizuuHime

MizuuHime

is really need more holidays

Hmm, school? Well, it's about teaching you some interesting thing (but it most likely borings things), to get along with your friends, have a refreshing (or you can say take a look about handsome boys or beautiful girl), and exam, homework, etc, etc....

For someone like me who have graduated from university just last month, school (high school) is a place where you can enjoy life the most. Schoolwork, examination is a pain in the ass, yes, but it offsets by your relationship with friends, games and crazy things when you can still do. College or university is where you find out a bit of reality before you step in to the workforce. There're different between high school and college cuz in high school, you and your class are as a big group but in college/university, you only form a small group of people (close friends, same idea, same hobbies, same major...). Well, I'm in Vietnam anyway. Don't know about other countries though. To anyone who still in school, have fun cuz you will never be back to this day. Hope I didn't discourage anyone :))

Kyuoto

Kyuoto

Engineered buddy

School is school. It's a place where you learn, teach and get educated about society and life around you. Similar to what your parents do. It really depends. You learn things about life and how to think for yourself.

On the flip side, it's made by the government so they would brainwash you into thinking that only a certain way is right. It's always biased in some way too. Easy example is the Chinese government.

to keep some out of trouble, to put some in trouble, to develop some social skills to teach you how to not be a delinquent

to keep kids outta trouble

to put you through years of hell

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.