Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How to make a gradient in eyes - Minitokyo

How to make a gradient in eyes

Tagged under Clannad

page 1 of 1 7 total items

HurtHattori

Linguistics

HurtHattori

Hi!

Well, I'm back in The Sandbox, but this time it's because I need some help. I'm doing a vector from Nagisa Furukawa, the main heroine of Clannad, using this scan

The vector, as it is now. (The original is bigger, though)

I don't know how to do her eyes. I would love to be able to reproduce the "gradient" from her eyes. It's smooth, and it's kind of important for me, too, as it is one of the things I love in Clannad characters design : those big, lively and colourful eyes. I tried many things, but I can't find a way to do them as I want and didn't find anything on Internet to help me.

So, I ask : how can I reproduce the gradient in her eyes ? I really don't know how... and after 16 hours of work, I don't feel like giving up on that one. So what techniques would you use? Thanks in advance for your time and your help!

EDIT : Oh, I forgot... I use Photoshop ;)

vectory french-tribu linguistics-team
Don't beg for it. Earn it. Then it shall be granted to you.

I find that adjusting the opacity and flow to a lover level and employing the airbrush tool works well enough for me.
I can follow up later with the smudge tool at a very low setting to smooth everything out.
You may also want to increase the canvas size as well. You can downsize it later to improve the detail and clarity.
I hope that helps some.

ndox900

ndox900

ndeso forever ^_^

if i want to make eyes just like you say... i use many layers to get the effect that i want ,
i've seen the scan and i thing it can do with 7 - 10 layers for one eyes , in that layers you just smooth the inside edge using smudge tool or airbrush tool and just play with the opacity until you get what you want
or you can use this style http://deamond89.deviantart.com/art/Coloring-Eyes-Tutorial-104218234?q=boost%3Apopular+photoshop+anime+eyes+tut&qo=7

hmm... i'm sleepy Signature Image

HurtHattori

Linguistics

HurtHattori

Thanks to both of you... Unfortunately, I wasn't able to try any of your suggestions just yet, but should be able to do so later today or tomorrow. Do you mind if I come back here and show you what I will come up with?

Again, thanks a lot!

ndox900

ndox900

ndeso forever ^_^

sure... me don't mind at all and good luck with the eyes ^^

HurtHattori

Linguistics

HurtHattori

I'm back... tired, but happy as well. It was a long process because I first practiced on one eye, then once I had done the two eyes, I started over because I was unsatisfied with the result ... XD But there it is ... The result

I'll blur the colors later (after all, the vector isn't completely finished yet), but I was impatient to show you the results ;)

ndox900

ndox900

ndeso forever ^_^

wow man . . those eyes look super awesome even without blur... just superb :D

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.