Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Completely Helpless - Minitokyo

Completely Helpless

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Damanex

Damanex

A Genius No Rule Can Contain!

Ever been in a tight spot where there is nothing you can do what-so-ever, and you can only sit on the sidelines and watch as something goes terribly wrong?

I have that going on now. My hometown of Kernville, California is up in the Sequoia National Forest. Lovely, high elevation with a river and lake, plus lots of healthy vegitation. Well I just recieved the news that it is on fire, not the town, for now, but less then two miles away. And why am I helpless? Because I am on a ship bound for the Persian Gulf. Because I had to enlist in the Navy, my town is going to burn. Maybe I am being hysterical but lets let a few days pass.

I hope you are all well and if you have ever worn these shoes, what did you do to keep a level head?

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style, but a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows in our footsteps." -The Phantom Thief Kid
Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I've been in similar situations before, actually not too long ago, where you can only stand helplessly by and watch things run their course. but don't blame yourself, I mean, yes bad things happen and when that happens people band together in time of crisis (well in this case) and they attend to the situation. my area is normally the first to volunteer for such a mission, so you go play war and worry about that and what you can help. you can't be everywhere in the world, you can't do it all. silent screams are heard nightly and if I could, I would cradle all of them but it's just not possible, out super heroism is limited by our body, soul and minds.

hope this places some ease to you and anyone else that ventures into this post.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Quote: Because I had to enlist in the Navy, my town is going to burn.

I hope you don't really mean this. For something like that, it would take the power of more than one person to put it out. Take a deep breath and have faith in the firefighters. I'm sure they're doing all they can to put out the fire. And hope for cooler temperatures/higher moisture in the air. I'm not going to reiterate what angel said, but I think she's got the right idea.

I'm with you in wishing for the best!

Signature Image

'And why am I helpless? Because I am on a ship bound for the Persian Gulf. Because I had to enlist in the Navy, my town is going to burn.'

You aren't being hysterical, Damanex. You just didn't learn you can't control everything. fireflywishes and angelxxuan wrote it all: The wisest decision is to trust the firefighters. They're doing their best to keep your hometown safe.

Someone at Kernville can be thinking the same about you.

'I am helpless because I am here, I did not enlist in the Navy, and I can not do something for Damanex who is on the Persian Gulf.'

He or she can't control everything. The only thing he or she can do is to trust you.

Here in Brazil, even farther than Kernville, I trust you will take good care of yourself and will be back sane and safe to your hometown. It should be your highest concern because you must be to see Kernville.

I live in Brasilia, Distrito Federal. My parents, in different cities in Rio de Janeiro. If something happens to one of them, I'm unable to be there immediately to help because I'm tied to my duties. I trust my relatives around my parents to take good care of them. Last year, my grandparents -- my mother's parents -- died. He was the first. Three months later, she passed away. I only saw them on the beginning of this year, when I was on vacation and travelled to Rio de Janeiro. It hurts but I learned to live with these moments when I have no choice and no chance to act over some happenings.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

Damanex

Damanex

A Genius No Rule Can Contain!

So here is the good word. From my understanding from my father who lives 1.5 miles away from the fire and my mother who lives 4 miles away; The winds are blowing North which is containing the blaze little by little, sadly destroying some of my favorite fishing and swiming spots, but making it easier for them to beat this thing. I had to talk to our senior elisted guy and he immediately threw me his personal phone to call. I got a hold of my brother and dad who didn't seemed phased and were more angry about me waking them up at 3 AM, which put me at ease. I am not good at these situations what-so-ever. I'm tragicaly flawed to play the hero, I will throw myself into a fire (metaphoricly) to save someone. But when I can't because one reason or another, I freak out like a dog who needs to get outside to take care of buisness for lack of a better analogy.

Thank you for your kind words and help. I guess everyone needs a little reasurance that things will happen as they are intended so there is no reason to worry, but I do it a lot. I did whole-heartedly mean I am not meant to serve my country after my contract, but I am not mad that I did it. I just can't be so far away from my friends and family and know I can't help them. Hell, I feel worse for the family I will start one day. Talk about the dad from Clannad, yea, that overprotective father figure who is a complete goof. Get ready! And again, thank you for the help durring my endevor.

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style, but a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows in our footsteps." -The Phantom Thief Kid
Signature

Talk is cheap. I would say that I can keep my head cool, i am macho and all those stuffs, but in reality, I won;t know. Only when the situation happened to me, I'll know. I might run away, or I might run to help. I don;t know. Most of the time I just do the first thing that comes to my mind, no time to filter at all

I've had a feeling like that, when my mate died. Yesterday was the 12th anniversary of her death, i was only 3 when it happened but my brother showed me the crime photos and things, she had her knee cap ripped off and her leg was torn through and hanging on by a thread, but i grew up thinking that i could of helped even if it killed me. i knew i was only a baby but i could of tried. All you can do is try to relax and try to reasure yourself that things will get better and someone is helping out as much as they can.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.