Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Your Opinion on Black Rock Shooter OVA? - Minitokyo

Your Opinion on Black Rock Shooter OVA?

page 1 of 1 24 total items

I'd watched BRS yesterday and loved it. The complicated friendship triangle, the duality of Mato and BRS, the special effects and the battle between BRS and Death Master, and the character development was really good to me.
What do u think of Black Rock Shooter OVA?

Marked by the outsider.Signature Image

Miss-Mess

Miss-Mess

A hero, somtimes.

Hehehehe Actually i don't know what you are talking about ?

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Miss-Mess : Black Rock Shooter is a single episode OVA that was recently released and has gained quite a bit of popularity mainly from the illustrations drawn by Huke. You can read more about it here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Rock_Shooter

In terms of the topic itself, I actually have been avoiding it because almost everyone I've talked to about BRS said it was mediocre and bland. However, you have gotten me to re-think my original idea and I'll have to track it down sometime. I just wish I had the time to watch it right now.

Signature Image

I was just kinda disappointed with it...I was expecting so much more. But it isn't a bad OVA, it's just not great, lol. I would call it regular. In everything.

I think it was pretty good thought it is not much. The idea of the Friendship was a great idea.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

well it is just the first episode so I'm not really going to comment that much on it. but so far I'm not that impressed with it. so I hope that it gets slightly better. or better somewhat. it was a slight let down from all the hype. but sometimes first episodes aren't the best but get that way later on so I'll give it a few more episodes.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

ArtemisSoul

ArtemisSoul

A Burning Soul

I just love the art^^
It's kinda K-On-ish:)

I am the bone of my sword
Unknown to death,
Nor known to life

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by angelxxuanwell it is just the first episode so I'm not really going to comment that much on it. but so far I'm not that impressed with it. so I hope that it gets slightly better. or better somewhat. it was a slight let down from all the hype. but sometimes first episodes aren't the best but get that way later on so I'll give it a few more episodes.

From my understanding, the only thing that has been planned is just the 50-minute OVA they released.

I don't believe, for the time being, there is going to be anymore. If so, I hope that they'll be able to work as a TV series, so they can offer a more fleshed out story.

Signature Image

Zettodono

Zettodono

Come feed the rain...

Finally BRS is out! And, I can tell, it is awesome!
In fact, we got interesting idea about struggle of friendship in form of battle in abstract world (or isle).
Very stylish graphic works. I hope to see more BRS episodes, because first OVA only introduce to us characters and main ideas of plot.

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

I saw the OVA a couple of days ago, the fighting if done correctly could make the show really good, therefore it seems like it could be alright, but I'll have to wait and see to give it any sort of opinion that matters since all I found was one OVA, need more.

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

I really loved Dead Master, she was an amazing character, her clothing, appearance and fighting style, weapons were all simply awesome 8 D
Dead Master was way cooler than BRS, in my opinion.

The plot however was pretty annoying, to sum it up:

"Person 1 meets person 2. They become friends. Person 3 enters equation, person 1 and 3 become friends and person 2 feels left out. Person 1 and 2 make up, person three feels left out. Person 3 and person 2 make up and person 1 is left out."

D:

Signature

simply-5th-heirloom

simply-5th-heirloom

MT, welcome me 'cuz I'm BACK~

i lov it!

i mean, almost all chars in the ova

did a good portrayal,

& people can also rel8 from it...

its a good one...

i hope the series will go on...

it's been years . . . but MT's one and only Sim-chan IS BACK.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

CB: I heard it was going to be turned into a series if the ova sparked off well. but rumors are, after all, annoying, when you are only going on what was heard/read sort of thing. but if that was it, then it sort of fizzled before it began, in my opinion, with what else I've seen come from the vocolaid family.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

maic

maic

801-chan

designs are ok but I do not know why the story does not inspire me ^^"""
BOH!

a true Hero is not measured by the strength of his muscles.. but by the power of his Heart

i love it ^-^
the art is really beautiful *0*

Ak1r0

Ak1r0

a xenomorph in heart

though i haven't watched it yet,it looks cool...

Signature

whoever wins...we lose.

there's a second OVA coming out soon. Heard it directly frm the director himself when Hanazawa Kana(Matou aka BRS) came to S'pore. Cant wait for it! XD

Well, it was alright according to my lights

i thought it wasn't bad! fighting scenes could be a bit smoother but like come on, they manage to get like a 50 min of stuff from a Hatsune Miku song by supercell is quite impressive!

kinda disappoitning.. she looked cool and all but i wanted more and stuff explained. they could have done better w/ the concept of BRS

I love it, the animation is so goddam cool! But i'd like to see a second ova, i think it would be great!

wasabix

wasabix

fansubber-editor

I love it ..I hope there will be a second season ^^

It was awesome I watched it twice in one day just to absorb the awesomeness.

I really liked it.
But it took two watches before I really.. Understood it.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.