Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Which Gundam is the best? - Minitokyo

Which Gundam is the best?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 57 total items

So after much brooding, which Gundam do you guys feel is the best?

Gundam 00 for me. I personally believe is has the best story and animation out of them all. Also, cliff hangers anyone...jeez talk about at the edge of your seat (you'll have to watch them to understand)

i like stardust memory the most. not too emo for me.

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

Personally, of the ones I've seen, I prefer Gundam 00, although I've heard that Gundam Wing was really good.

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

gundam 00 and Gundam wings..

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I'm more of the old school gundam fan like g gundam, gundam 8th ms, mobile suit gundam, and that chibi gundam that the name is always going to be chibi to me because I sort of can't remember the name of the anime :( I stopped enjoying gundam once they took my favorite gundam away, the epyon, after that gundam became more of a soap opera than ever. although I have to admit gundam 00 and unicorn gundam have fantastic artwork, as most gundams had and have now.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Damanex

Damanex

A Genius No Rule Can Contain!

I remember my senior year in high school; my english teacher for the first semester, Mrs. Unmack, gave us the essay prompt "If you had a superpower, what would it be and how would you use it to change the world around you?" Aside from being the most awesome essay I even had to write, I took it out of context as I always do and went for broke. Instead of taking a superpower, I said give me a giant robot. Which giant robot you ask? None other then the Strike Freedom Gundam!

I wrote about how an instrument of war, destruction and chaos was used to promote peace and disable combatants so they could no longer fight or retaliate. It always struck me in awe as Kira Yamato (who is not my favorite character for that arc of Gundam) would take extra time to blast as gun and camera system on a mobile suit vice taking the easy route of just blowing through a foe's cockpit. On top of that, he could do it with multiple weapons instead of one, and with the introduction of the DRAGOON system to original Freedom Gundam design, pacifism was dealt more swiftly, much imitating his brother pilots of Celestial Being, but with more care.

Gundam continues to build more and more onto it's characters and models, especially with Gundam Unicorn with the amazing mechanics that now exist in the Universal Century a few short years after Char's Counter Attack. But no other Gundam has captivated me and moved me more then the Strike Freedom Gundam!

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style, but a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows in our footsteps." -The Phantom Thief Kid
Signature

Gundam Seed ............

Acez

Fallere092

gundam seed...gundam00...code geass...

gundam wing i like it!, gundam seed....i dont finished it, but it was not boring

Signature
lalala...o-

Gundam 00 is my fav

Z Gundam is the best one for me

I would say to watch the original Gundam, that's where it all started.

Gundam Wing was nice but I haven't watched the whole series.
But for me Gundam Seed, and part of Gundam Seed Destiny (because Shin was such a crybaby), was better than Wing. But what I hated was that they used the same fighting scenes over and over again at the end of Destiny.

Gundam 00 definitely takes the cake, funny the first episode I watched was Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 4, where the past between Alleluya and Soma/Mary is kinda finally revealed. I really recommend this one, no repetitive scenes and the characters are given truly interesting past that make you feel connected to at least one of them, and the MS were awesome in my opinion.

But Gundam Unicorn is also really good, I just can't wait for the next episode to come out, they made the time between releases too long, can't even tell how many times I have re-watched the first episode just to get through with waiting.

merged: 09-06-2010 ~ 10:14pm

Quote by Acezgundam seed...gundam00...code geass...

Code Geass?

LOL, those weren't Gundam MS but some were nice.

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

My favorite Gundam series are...

Zeta Gundam for the awesome mobile suit battles.
Gundam X for the romance (I just love Garrod and Tiffa, I loved how their relationship was developed).
Gundam Wing for the political intrigue.

Signature

Wing, SEED and 00 for me.

I've only started watching Mobile Suit Gundam 00. But so far I really like it.

chibitanteijun

i love anime, jpop, jdrama

gundam wing
and gundam seed destiny

Kazuki-Shikimori

MT-U Anime & Manga Consultant

Gundam seed is my overall favorite because it had decent battles and a good storyline and ending but I think Wing had the best battles, although I didn't care too much for the ending. 00 also had a great storyline

Gundam seed destiny FTW....
My fav character is Ms. Lacus Clyne( the real lacus clyne)...kekeke... Full of surprises eh..
Athrun is hotter in GSD..ke, he's so good in piloting gundams.

~~Spreading DARAGON LOVE~~

Gundam Seed n_n

gundam seed. i fell in love with freedom. cool!

Gundam Seed Destiny or Gundam 00 for me~

I'm much more for the UC Gundam series' over most of the alternate universe series'. Only AU series' I really liked being G Gundam, Gundam X, and Turn A Gundam. (00 is okay; definitely better than Wing, SEED, and SEED Destiny which, IMO, were lower on the scale of Gundam series' overall.)

UC series, to me, are much more "realistic", explanatory (at least with other info books and such), have better plot, and much greater character development.

Ever since Wing, it seems most AUs are about making the main pilots into pretty boys and mostly about near one-sided MS battles and flashiness (basically, more about being REAL super robot) while the characters seem to remain primarily the same throughout the series while we learn next to nothing about their past(s) except some very basic info. Not to mention constant plot armor and whatnot.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

08th M.S. Team was by far my personal favorite. A combination of incredibly strong characters, a touching story and tragedy sewn in made it a pleasure to watch from start to finish.

I had a difficult time getting into anything after Wing. Seed was full of far, far too much drama and so was Destiny. It's a big reason I haven't really bothered with 00 either.

I have to side with HalfDemonInuyasha as well, it seems that the series is more about the bishie factor with huge mech battles and less on technical aspects and intelligence.

Signature Image

Quote by CyanideBlizzard08th M.S. Team was by far my personal favorite. A combination of incredibly strong characters, a touching story and tragedy sewn in made it a pleasure to watch from start to finish.

Yeah, it's also one of my favorites of the UC-era, especially since the main characters on either side AREN'T Newtypes, so people can't even scream that people win because of that like some try with Amuro, Char, Kamille, and others.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 57 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.