Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 D&D To The 4th Power - Minitokyo

D&D To The 4th Power

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Damanex

Damanex

A Genius No Rule Can Contain!

If you found your way to this thread; you are either in the wrong place or familiar with the term D&D. D&D of course is the short title for Dungeons and Dragons, a roleplaying game played with pen, paper, and dice and a staple in nerd lifestyles. It's been around forever, my Mom and Uncle Kent even played when they were younger. It's a great way to use your brain, to practice your acting skills, and to just get a cheap vacation away from your everyday troubles. I highly recomend it to anyone with half a mind to try new things.

About to years ago, Wizards of The Coast released D&D 4.0. A new take and system based strongly on popular MMORPGs. The Previous system 3.0 and 3.5 was said to be the greatest, easiest, and most easy system to teach. For 10 years, fans traveled in the fantasy realm based on the 3.5 set of rules. But with the dawn of 4th edition, many hardened and loyal fans have shunned the new system claiming "If we wanted to play a table top computer game, we would play World of Warcraft."

From my knowlege of 4.0, it's a new system which employs a new way of thinking. It strongly mimics online roleplaying games but adds an element of strategy to the table. Not only are the roles more specific to a players likes or dislikes, but envolves more combat know how. On top of that, the enemies have taken similar roles where you aren't sure what their devious plans are. The character options are plenty and boast to be played to their full extent. While I have not run anything 4th edition wise (due to lack of people willing to give a new system wings), I see infinate possibilities given a chance.

So be you a nerd loyal or a person looking for adventure, what is your opinion on Dungeons and Dragons 4th edition? And if you aren't a veteran traveler in the times of yore, would you be interested in it if it were your first role playing experience?

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style, but a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows in our footsteps." -The Phantom Thief Kid
Signature

I <3 dungeons and dragons haha :P it's so cool!

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I was introduced to 3rd edition, mainly 3.5. Although it's been a few years since I've played, I think this might get me back involved with D&D once again. Although, since I'm moving I think I'll have to take my 6 sided dye and find a new group.

While I can see how Dungeons and Dragons is automatically grouped with nerds and outcasts, I never really got why it didn't expand more. Being able to construct a creative adventure with friends and use your imagination. I can't see why someone wouldn't at least give it one try. Even Vin Diesel plays! Oh that's right, D&D is the devil's tools to turn us into murderers. Seriously, getting together a fun group that is willing to really get into the story and yet be very flexible and bend with the group, that was where it was at. After all, there is nothing more miserable than playing with a DM that has absolutely no sense of humor.

Signature Image

lol, i'm sorry but you make me laugh, you're really funny because you're so honest. That really is admirable and you said Vil Diesel plays... i think imma start playin more haha XD

Damanex

Damanex

A Genius No Rule Can Contain!

Quote by tashypotts12lol, i'm sorry but you make me laugh, you're really funny because you're so honest. That really is admirable and you said Vil Diesel plays... i think imma start playin more haha XD

I feel that honesty is the best way to go about things, the truth also makes for more comical conversation.

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style, but a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows in our footsteps." -The Phantom Thief Kid
Signature

dungeons and dragons is awesome

Quote by DamanexI feel that honesty is the best way to go about things, the truth also makes for more comical conversation.

I know what you mean :3 Everyone loves a good laugh when they're talking to eachother ^.^

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.