Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why Do People Fall In Love? - Minitokyo

Why Do People Fall In Love?

Tagged under Kimi Kiss

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 46 total items

Damanex

Damanex

A Genius No Rule Can Contain!

I recently finished the anime Kimi Kiss, and aside from a commanding story, I was awestruck by the character Eriko Futami. It’s not that she demanded a lot of respect as a character, but some of the redundant inquiries she proposed left me in a state of philosophical wonder. What was it she asked that threw me through a loop? Simple! “Why do people fall in love?”

Normally when confronted with the matter at hand, my deep devotion with the subject makes quick work of idle minds. But I confess, a question that elementary stopped me dead in my tracks. How do you answer that? Even when your passion is writing, listening to, watching things about, and reading stories involving the force of love, it comes up as impossible.

To add insult to injury, to define an answer to that only requests more mysteries. What makes us love? Who are we supposed to love? Can one love without boundaries or can one be denied by race, religion, culture, time, distance, ect.? The list goes on and on. I sat for a few hours weighing the options as this self-proclaimed Romeo often does. Verdict reached! I came up with my answer. “Why do people fall in love?” I challenge the next in line to solve the riddle.

I’m no mystic or prophet, but I do think there is no right or wrong answer, but there are many ways to interpret it. The key is to find your own truth to guide you. At the risk of being an egotistical soap-box hog, I have my truths I let govern me over what the status quo wants me to think.

-As humans, we are imperfect. We make mistakes to grow and develop. That said, you know its love when the good and bad qualities of someone make you cherish them.

-Never count yourself out. We are all different and move at our own paces. Keep running even if you fall. Eventually, you or someone will meet at the same speed. After that, the finish line will come into sight. (I managed to make a race metaphor about love *sigh*)

-Unrequited love is a sign of kindness, not weakness or failure. Your shattered heart will find its kindred spirit. What do you get when you add 2 halves? One whole, cheesy, and cliché resolution. A kind romance bred from common bond.

-Love is a verb. You can’t make it sell out for a token of affection. Nor can you accuse it of discrimination. You will (and should) love with no repose to trial and tribulation. Accept it, above all, and let it in!

These may all be the ramblings of a poet’s mind, but they come out of my personal discoveries. If you can take away anything from this rant, let it be this; Think with an open mind, love with an open heart.

Amazing how the thoughts of one can knock another flat onto their backs, especially when they’re fictional and animated. But if you find yourself bored in the future, ignite a conflict within yourself. “Why do people fall in love?” If you find an answer, let me know. I’ll be waiting for your results.

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style, but a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows in our footsteps." -The Phantom Thief Kid
Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

very nice, nothing less from a poet should arrive, in my opinion. but I've learned people tend to use the word "love" so much that they probably don't even know true love. like "I love my car" or "I love this movie" and when love does come it's more along the lines of lust and then love sometimes comes about and sometimes the lust or newness of the situation gets boring and people move apart or don't want anything to do with one another.

but true love, the love that just happens, that lust isn't even part of the factor, this is the love that is rare. it isn't based on a movie, a car, it's the love that one person has for another and when that person returns said love, it makes it that much more beautiful.

in my opinion, people should look harder into real love and stop just throwing the word around like cussing or other talks that I've heard so much in my life. to say works and then actually mean the passion behind the words (not for material gain but for love of another person, rather it being spouse or family member) are two different things.

I've learned that just saying the words to a family member and not really meaning them can be just as badly as throwing the word around carelessly and not really thinking about it. to me, words have always had meaning, I don't use them until they are the right time when coming towards someone, but towards something it's just words. I suppose I'm one of the persons that chooses to see the difference :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

people dont really fall in love i think
its more falling in love with the idea of love

Damanex

Damanex

Quote by lelouchluvrpeople dont really fall in love i think

I can understand that sentiment, I am very much infatuated with the idea of love, but indeed love itself is what drives me to get out of bed each day. It's a real kind of magic that this wizard can conjure for a luck maiden who is brave enought to take this magician on. But that's just me, the true believers know who they are and live in the ways that they will to support this idea.

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style, but a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows in our footsteps." -The Phantom Thief Kid
Signature

hayashi-oni

hayashi-oni

Baboon General of Yokohama

because it is call of nature ?

Among the true cultural displays of this century.
Funny Man

because love's a essential part of life !

i don't know...
we just feel it and happy because of it
^^

its part of our life. no love, and we wont be borned in this world

Damanex

Damanex

Quote by kurohana429its part of our life. no love, and we wont be borned in this world

But is it really that simple my friend? Could not a child be born into the world by a vile method or coincidence and not out of love? It's really something fasinating to sit around for a while and contemplate about. I would not simply throw a conviction around without an investigation first of course.

Signature

because people want someone to full filled their heart

not really love. i think its more...we are lonely creatures.

Kyuoto

Kyuoto

Engineered buddy

Who knows, pretty much all animals have some sort of desire to produce kids.
Mating season?

not to be alone.

Signature

Because people can't stand being lonely.

Beause of lonelyness~~~

lack of good sense and self respect

Wow very deep. I don't know why we fall in love either, but I guess it's to helps people to think about reproducing easier.

Maybe people fall in love because they need someone to care for, someone to give their lives a meaning, a purpose. I mean that if you love someone you will also want to protect this person this way you give yourself a purpose, and having a purpose your life has meaning, and having a meaning your life is happier.

I don't know if you get my point?

Alistare

Alistare

Stand Alone Complex

Love, real love is a totally involuntary thing. I'm the kind of person that usually takes pride in the fact that I don't need much contact with people to be happy. Not that i'm anti-social or emo, but I like to keep my life as simple as possible. I'm perfectly comfortable not being around friends or having a girlfriend. In the real world I'm very comfortable speaking to stangers and having conversations with people I hardly know, but at the same time I really don't care if I'm alone or not. But when you meet someone, no matter how hard you try to not be attracted to them, it usually only makes the feelings stronger. I just recently started a customer service job, where I have to answer calls from people on Medicare. So there are a week of classes and training that go along with it. I am very excited to help these elderly people get the proper medical pland they need. What I did not expect was that there would be a girl in my training class that would turn my world upside down. I only wanted to be friendly and just have conversation for the sake of us working at the same place. But the more we talk the deeper the feeling of wanting to be her boyfriend and getting to know her better (not sexually but as a person). I have tried not to think about asking her out, but the more I suppress those feelings the more I want to ask. She's constantly on my mind and it can't be helped. So really the answer to your question is, we just do. :)

I like to disturb the harmony of the pond by throwing a handful of pebbles in all at once. ~ Me
There are so many fragile things, after all. People break so easily. So do dreams and hearts. ~ Neil GaimanSignature Image

Because you have a brain and a heart..

Ani-me

Ani-me

"Anta no seigi wa nandesuka?"

Quote by lelouchluvrpeople dont really fall in love i think

Hear! Hear! I dunno... I just don't believe in love. People go out and lose themselves in this idea of love that they fool themselves with a sea of illusions on what love should be like. Therefore, I just don't believe in it anymore. I believe in friendship, but I also believe in betrayal. I believe in family love, but I also believe in family hate. It just goes like that.

We came to hate even those precious days that we can't return to.

Mekartur

Mekartur

Hiko Seijuro

We have to concern that most people... They don't really Fall in Love for a PERSON. The Fall in Love With de FELLING. Who never liked to wake up from the bed in the morning with you heart literally pulsating for someone? The same goes to you mind. To think in someone hours in the day, and then meet the people and stay together with her is something incredible.
I'm not saying that Love doesn't exist... But I Do believe that some people (most part of them, by the way) nowadays... The Don't really FALL IN LOVE for someone they meet. The just... Like the felling that is to be falled in love. They like the sensation of having someone "special" for them, who kiss, hug and pets them. They enjoy those things, but they're not really In Love for another person. At least the teens nowadays, I guess.
(And sorry for any mistake, English is not my real language...)

Hiten-Mitsurugy-Ryu: KUZU-RYU-SEN!!

Damanex

Damanex

Quote by MekarturWe have to concern that most people... They don't really Fall in Love for a PERSON. The Fall in Love With de FELLING. Who never liked to wake up from the bed in the morning with you heart literally pulsating for someone? The same goes to you mind. To think in someone hours in the day, and then meet the people and stay together with her is something incredible.
I'm not saying that Love doesn't exist... But I Do believe that some people (most part of them, by the way) nowadays... The Don't really FALL IN LOVE for someone they meet. The just... Like the felling that is to be falled in love. They like the sensation of having someone "special" for them, who kiss, hug and pets them. They enjoy those things, but they're not really In Love for another person. At least the teens nowadays, I guess.
(And sorry for any mistake, English is not my real language...)

Very wise words, I appreciate the input and aside from the couple of English mistakes, it was pretty darn good. I can safely say I have been a victim of love at first sight but it WAS love, not lust, that compelled me to act on that. I think your point is a valid one as well, truly you are the master Hiko lol

Signature

because the human race wouldnt have populated with out the feeling of love ... god put it there so we can love the person whom we share our life with

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 46 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.