Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Shoutbox... - Minitokyo

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 143 total items

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I agree that the Shoutbox was spammed all to high hell, but modifications can be made to prevent people from posting every second. Or else just do what happened before, make it a separate link...This rate it'll just make people even more antzy to reach level fifty, thus equal more spam. You haven't solved anything, you've just given yourself more problems to work with. Anyways seriously post rules about the shoutbox....or else get someone to monitor it...seriously.

P.S. Thanks for the support guys and girls ^^.

Signature Image

Quote by broken-dreamz

Quote by Paolothey got the 64 characters idea from that console the Nintendo 64! lol!!! XD XD XD

reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly(...) hmm that would almost make up 64 characters...

ur minds messed up. u actually belive in everything i say? wow!

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by Paolo

Quote by broken-dreamz

Quote by Paolothey got the 64 characters idea from that console the Nintendo 64! lol!!! XD XD XD

reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly(.(...) hmm that would almost make up 64 characters...

ur minds messed up. u actually belive in everything i sa? wow!

LOL! She thought you were being honest....alright lets try to not spam this thread...

Anyways thanks ZZ, sorry about that little 'whiny fit' I had there. I appreciate your opinion, even if it was an experiment it still would of been nice to of recieved notification, since you know that for the people that post the crap outta the forums (us) really enjoyed it. But anyways thanks once again.

Signature Image

Quote by CyanideBlizzardI agree that the Shoutbox was spammed all to high hell, but modifications can be made to prevent people from posting every second. Or else just do what happened before, make it a separate link...This rate it'll just make people even more antzy to reach level fifty, thus equal more spam. You haven't solved anything, you've just given yourself more problems to work with. Anyways seriously post rules about the shoutbox....or else get someone to monitor it...seriously.
P.S. Thanks for the support guys and girls ^^.

No prob Cy! I felt your pain when I was lvl 15 and then I decided to make crummy walls.

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Quote by CyanideBlizzardMost likely this was done because us lower level members have been
using it frequently and since they etc.. etc.

Most likely you wouldn't have made this rant if the minimum level for the shoutbox would've been changed to 40.

You didn't mind at all when the shoutbox was integrated again without notification a few days ago.

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

hehe, you guys, we have an irc chat room if you want to chat with one another. some of you have to admit that you guys were going crazy over it despite few advices not to do so XD

irc chat room:
server: irc.rizon.net
room: #minitokyo

snarzz

snarzz

kawaii deschou ^^

I noticed it ...and i wept..and...then I left it all in the past ^^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

Quote by Paolo

Quote by broken-dreamz

reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly(.(...) hmm that would almost make up 64 characters...

yes my mind is messed up heehee ^^'' I'm not gulliable. really. >o<''

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

Quote by broken-dreamz

Quote by Paolo

Quote by broken-dreamz

yes my mind is messed up heehee ^^'' I'm not gulliable. really. &gt;o&lt;''

Your mind is perfectly right. We all mess up sometimes.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

LOL I didn't mind cause I figured when the server was updated that the shoutbox would be re-introduced. Honestly I could care less if you made it set for only level 100+ to use. Like I said before I want to be notified of these things, as oppose to comming here and trying to figure out what the hell happened. Plus I was rather making at comments in general. Sure they may be little things but its still nice to know cause if no one really cared about the shout box, this topic wouldn't of been created in the first place. Don't get me wrong I greatly appreciate your work. I just feel that some form of notification would of been nice.

NOTE TO SAMMO - I know...but then again you know how I was in there...imangine the rest of us in there... It would only be a matter of time before rules were developed to prevent massive posting on there. Etc....Basically the shoutbox was a way to keep the ones that talk alot in one area, and those who want to talk as a group and talk like the rest of society does in another.

Plus....You remember what happened....I'm personally not too sure if I should really go back to IRC yet...

Signature Image

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Quote by CyanideBlizzardLOL I didn't mind cause I figured when the server was updated that the
shoutbox would be re-introduced. Honestly I could care less if you made
it set for only level 100+ to use. Like I said before I want to be
notified of these things, as oppose to comming here and trying
to figure out what the hell happened. etc.etc.

I make changes to MT quite every day and noone ever complains about getting notified or not. So making the argument that you do not get notified does not make sense at all in this perspective. If you "couldn't care less" you wouldn't have made that post the other day.
Also, yes, go to IRC. If you expect rules to pop up because of you, you follow wrong etiquette.

and to reply to your actual complaint - it was not worth mentioning in my opinion.

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

man.... i actually don't know what to say.... so i stay neutral aye? ^_^' heh.... but sure, the shoutbox was alot of fun.... and whatnot, i prefer that more than irc yeah? ....anyway, find it pretty hilarious how things works around here, so far... i've just had minor problems, but what the heck, i'm sure the bigger ones are comin' sooner or later XD

but dymanic things are to prefer.... even though they confuse the hell out of us all, so mr admin here ^ are correct about that point. But sure, changing things every 2 days... ? That is not to prefer aye? Trying to get used to something... and then it changes..... again. Heh... ^_^' So on that point, "the people" are correct. Hence why i rather stay neutral and collect all gold later when the battle is over.. ^_^' hehe...

Signature

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

i hardly use the shoutbox anyway. it slows everything down. good riddance, i'd say.

Quote by white-zeroi hardly use the shoutbox anyway. it slows everything down. good riddance, i'd say.

yeah, good riddance. used to use the shoutbox everytime. it slowed the page last time because other including myself spammed it like crazy.

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

haha... and i use to beat you up everytime... no, just messin' ^_^' but sure, i used the shoutbox alot as well, so i admit it.... heh.... *up and away*

Signature

celluz

celluz

Italian Otaku

I dont have read previous pages of this topic...then dont kill me if what i say its no new....

The big problem with the SB is the refresh rate.....infact dont work well (i use Firefox but the same problem was see with IE) and that cause recurrent messages any time i use a manual refresh O_o

Then i think that SB need a separate manual refresh button that dont cause recurrent messages and maybe if used in another windows an automatic "go to the last message"...scrolling the mouse like a madaman its not so useful...... sorry for the rant from a casual SB user :D

Ps. the minimum character need for a post is great :D

Quote by celluzI dont have read previous pages of this topic...then dont kill me if what i say its no new....

The big problem with the SB is the refresh rate.....infact dont work well (i use Firefox but the same problem was see with IE) and that cause recurrent messages any time i use a manual refresh O_o

Then i think that SB need a separate manual refresh button that dont cause recurrent messages and maybe if used in another windows an automatic "go to the last message"...scrolling the mouse like a madaman its not so useful...... sorry for the rant from a casual SB user :D

Ps. the minimum character need for a post is great :D

no its not... well maybe.

Sorceres00

Sorceres00

Sekiria

Quote by Paolo

Quote by shyxsakurai think the shoutbox ish for 50+ members .. &gt;o&lt; well .. i dunnnooo .. cuz i can still see it ... ^o^

i agree. its probably only for members who are level 50+. im still at 43.

hahaha don't cry for that :D, just look my level (27) XD

Quote by PaoloSheqel. just u and me bud. stop putting these kind of changes. show yourself u coward. *takes out his Hitaori Hanzo sword*. lets do this Kill Bill style!

hahaha yeah, where are you sheqel? XD , show your face right now XD coward Xd hahaha *waiting with a baseball bat* ^.^

Signature
Fate and Fake........Love and Pain

Sir-Boingal0t

Sir-Boingal0t

BOINGATR0N

....it sure is faster without teh shoutb0x though

I say only level 33 ppl should be able to access shoutbox :nya:

Signature Image
DigiTalBoing XD boingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingo
ingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoing

Oh thats so terrible, no shoutbox any longer :'-( Sheqel what have you done?? *sob*

Signature Image

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

hahahhaa... paolo, a fight with sheq dude, and you're wasted.... It's like a fight between Godzilla and an ant, you being the ant yeah? haha... but i'll back you up *gets my Thieves Redemption sword* Come on!!!! ^_^' haha...

Signature

KingOfDice

KingOfDice

'Cause KingOfGames is taken >:[

Quote by winterlilac09

Quote by Paolo

Quote by shyxsakurai think the shoutbox ish for 50+ members .. &gt;o&lt; well .. i dunnnooo .. cuz i can still see it ... ^o^

i agree. its probably only for members who are level 50+. im still at 43.

lolz... ur still at 43? i'm only at level 16. XD

I'm at lv nine & still can't figure out posting or setting info! T.T

Well, here is my dream... I dream of a time when humanoid computers can think and act on their oun... |Chobits - Minoru|

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

haha, kingofdice... let the friendly neighbourhood madman help ya out aye? :D but i guess... by now you know most of it already, hehe...

if you havent't noticed the support page on this site yet, please check out : http://support.minitokyo.net yeah? :)

about posting, you're doing just fine... reply to other threads as you did with this thread and ask alot of questions and whatnot, and you'll make it to the top yeah? of course you will :)

to customize your info and everything, just scroll all the way up and check out the little user menu to the left, you should be able to figure out the rest by yourself from here :D and again, any questions... just ask anyone here at mt, we're all friendly.... i hope... if not, give me a call and i'll beat 'em up yeah? haha :D

Signature

Quote by xandmanhahahhaa... paolo, a fight with sheq dude, and you're wasted.... It's like a fight between Godzilla and an ant, you being the ant yeah? haha... but i'll back you up *gets my Thieves Redemption sword* Come on!!!! ^_^' haha...

*socks him in the nose*.

page 3 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 143 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.