Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Pretend Concerto (Poem) - Minitokyo

Pretend Concerto (Poem)

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Damanex

Damanex

A Genius No Rule Can Contain!

Hello again, you're plugged in for another one of my slowly growing poetry sessions. And if this is your first time, welcome! Now usually I write about love and everything that makes my world spin around. But this time, I am taking a darker route. Might I urge you now that if you ever make anyone angry or grow a vendeta against you, make sure it isn't a writer. I can promise you that the pen is ALWAYS mightier then the sword. Even Shakespeare made the harlot, Roseline, immortal in the most negative way. Just some food for thought.

With that being said, this poem comes to us from years past. I found out through a friend that a girl who I had been dating wasn't just exclusive to me. She had another man, from what I understood, was much more the apple in her eye. I did a little investigation and found out the truth to be that. When I confronted her, she wouldn't recognize it, but I made the difficult decision to let it go...hardly. But I watched as her life spiraled out of control. Albiet I was happy to see justice, nice guys always finish last and I accepted her friendship again. But never got into a relationship after that. Once bitten, twice shy, and no one should ever be cheated on. That was over three years ago and I am born a new man. But the poem that she sparked lives on forever and she has told me it makes her cry each time she reads it. So on a darker note, I give you this, enjoy!

Pretend Concerto
By: Jace Reed

I played my part the best I could, but even the best of me wasn't good enough for you.

Each time you wrapped your arms around my chest, I thought I was your sole protector. But your arms were tainted with another lover.

Each time I kissed your lips with the utmost care, I felt that we were meant to be. But your mouth was already missing his embrace.

Each time you whispered "I love you" in your sleep, I couldn't stop my heart from skipping a beat. But your words were all scripted and I was the last to know.

How was I so blind to play the fool and not the hero? There was always the other who you would rather be with but I was kept on a leash until the final curtain call when you left me only to let my character die for the audience of the world to observe.

Another fake princess only adding to the cliche melodrama for the passing times.

But in all the pain that I was left to endure, the true nature of you won't go unnoticed. When your crown begins to rust, no one will polish it. When your dress grows ratty, no one will give you the clothes off their back. And when your cardboard wings rip in the rain, no one will want that false pretense. Your last crescendo is at hand and no one is waiting for your epitaph.

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style, but a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows in our footsteps." -The Phantom Thief Kid
Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

wow this one hit very close to home due to a current situation that is happening to someone I know. I am always glad to encounter your work. you're a down to earth sort of writer and you seem to be able to take the worst in life and make it seem almost livable.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

sweetanimegirl24

sweetanimegirl24

Fly away into the vast skies....

You are right! No one should ever be cheated on! >.<
Why is it that we must cheat when you know you are already elusively dating someone!
Does the grass look greener on the other side or something?
Or do you seriously have to declare out loud in public that you guys are an item so no one tries to hit on you?
I really liked that poem..It expressed your feeling very well. ^^

Life without love is not love...only existence...
Signature Image

Damanex

Damanex

My adoring fans, always the first to award me with compliments. Thank you for that. I don't know why people cheat or feel they must have more then one person. A friend once proposed the idea of someone having more then one soulmate, I don't see why that isn't plausable but at the same time, if they all felt that way, they would all know naturaly. Not sneaking around like a theif in the shadows waiting for a stealthy oppertunity to stab you in the back. It's a shame when people can't be happy with what they have.

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style, but a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows in our footsteps." -The Phantom Thief Kid
Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

so true damanex so true. it's sad when people can't be happy with what they got. if they do have more than one soul mate, in my opinion, one is all you need, there's no need to cheat and shatter people's lives and it becomes worse when there are children involved. the animals, they adapt because they are still in the life of one of them, but the kids are the ones to suffer the most, even if they are adults they still suffer and are in constant cross fires :(

BuBbLeS!

Signature

She obviously doesn't know what she's missing, you're incredible and obviously like alot of women i know, they think it's okay to be a complete idiot and ruin a persons life, i HATE girls like that! And any lad who's been through something like that could always do better than a woman who can't make up her mind

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

so true tashy, but let's turn the tables some, the guy can also be the bad guy, that was possibly just a rough draft (so to speak), with the roles reversed it's still stuck with the mess. here lately, with society's change so many roles have been revered it's scary. but I can always rely on damanex to paint a solid picture and not leave any grey areas

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Angel, you're right, men can be just as bad :P sometimes worse hehe and yeah Damanex is good at that <3 he's boss with his poetry

very nice ;)

Damanex

Damanex

Shucks you guys, just making the world a brighter place one elequent word at a time. ^///^ You are the ones who brighten my days, especially as I am about to end one chapter of my life and start an outragous new one, I get to come on here and enjoy a little egotism but not enough to corrupt me, so thank you. I can safely say that you are all now part of my inspiration to keep on writing, thanks for ALL the support!

Signature

You're welcome ^.^ And as long as you keep writing, we'll all keep reading for sure

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.