Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 School Days + FUNimation = AWESOME! - Minitokyo

School Days + FUNimation = AWESOME!

Tagged under School Days

page 1 of 1 8 total items

A while back, i try to upload an episode of School Days to Youtube - But it didn't work. They told me that there was a Copyright on it for Visual Content, and the Anime Company that gave me this Copyright was, FUNimation. FUNimation! So with that being said - It's a safe bet to assume that, School Days, will be in fact arriving to America soon. Maybe not this year, but most likely in 2011.

Avid Anime Lover, and Aspiring VoiceOver Artist!

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

funimation, being one of the largest contributors of voice dub over anime for america, it isn't uncommon for them to obtain rights to a lot of anime related things. but I have heard of nothing about funimation getting this. I haven't ever heard of funimation ever obtaining rights to an adult anime, but funimation could have mentioned it as being copyrighted because they are on there a lot. but as far as I know there is no future release date of it being dubbed into english any time soon. just make certain to monitor the net and see what might come of it.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

To be honest, I'm a little curious about what YouTube notified you with. After checking both Funimation's website as well as some of my other sources, I was able to confirm that School Days has not been licensed by any one as of right now. While I cannot confirm this detail, I would find it hard to believe that no information of this would be anywhere, especially on Anime News Network.

It could possibly be planned as a future license, but as of right now there is no planned release nor mention of it ever making it's way to Stateside. Pity.

EDIT : Upon further digging, I found out that the company MXMedia, http://www.mxmediaonline.com/ is doing the English subtitling for the series. Perhaps there is some plan for the series in the future, however, it still has to be confirmed that the series has a license.

Signature Image

Well, all i know is that when i go to upload anything having to do with, School Days, i get a Copyright Claim by FUNimation, saying they own the Visual Content for it. Let's hope though that it gets to America soon. Mainly so everyone can see my hatred of Sekei!

*SPOILER!*
(Removed - By Meh, Mwuahaha)

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

We can only hope so! I'll be sure to keep my eye out for it.

On a side note, though, you may want to remove that spoiler there, since it ruins the entire series for anyone that may not of watched it or finished watching it.

: )

Signature Image

Thank's! :D

I love FUNimation cuz they're the ones who dubbed my favorite anime, Dragon Ball Z! :D

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by HamsterFan150I love FUNimation cuz they're the ones who dubbed my favorite anime, Dragon Ball Z! :D

Funimation is also pretty much the only current active dubbing distributor in the United States as well, since Bandai hardly is producing anything anymore and Geneon and ADV have shut down. They pretty much dominate everything.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.