Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 anime: subs vs. dubs! - Minitokyo

anime: subs vs. dubs!

wch one is better???

subs
125 votes
dubs
9 votes
both
16 votes
raw, no changes done...
6 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next » 252 total items

simply-5th-heirloom

simply-5th-heirloom

MT, welcome me 'cuz I'm BACK~

wch one is better?

it's been years . . . but MT's one and only Sim-chan IS BACK.

nyanyan

nyanyan

????????

No dubs for me - totally kills the atmosphere of watching an anime. Raw would be nice, if I could understand Japanese !

"If you're scared, you might as well just cling to my arm. Creates more of an atmosphere."

Dubs will spoil the whole show.. Subs okay since I need them to watch those that are quite hard to understand in RAW. :P

Sub is okay cuz i know little about Japanese
i love the voice of people speaking Japanese so of course dont like dub :(

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

it depends for me, mostly sub has become more of a fascination for me, but sometimes the sub just fails, so it really depends on the anime or how old it is or how to obtain it, like bleach, high school of the dead. but sometimes dub just better, like dragonball/z/gt :P but then there are times where it's a tie like for death note, wolf's rain, witch hunter robin. guess it is all based upon who gets their hands on it while dubbing it too and how well they do it.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

It depends really, if the voice actor is completly serious about the role, close to the original and actually sounds like the character they are fine (example is Final Fantasy XIII and some of the Final Fantasy VII voices) but if they really can't be bothered about the role and are cheap they will ruin the chatacter (Higurashi, D-gray man and kingdom hearts for example)

so overall I do tend to enjoy subs more.

It depends for me as well, I don't usually mind the dubs, as long as the voices aren't incredibly annoying (ie: Tsuruya - TMoHS), but I usually prefer subs.

It also depends for me.

I get a little annoyed at many of the "pure" sub people since they treat any and all dubs like plagues and think anyone who watches dubs at all aren't "true" anime fans or something. (Even if they watch subs in addition to them.)

Subs are fine as long as the translators are good.

As said, dubs are fine to me as long as the voices don't sound bad. I mean, I just caught sight of K-ON! Season 1 dubbed and checked it out and most of the voices so far are actually pretty good. (Though, admittingly, being so used to watching the subs for 2 seasons, Yui does sound a little odd in the dub.) Heck, sometimes (though fairly rare) the dub sounds BETTER than the sub for some characters.

Only real annoyances about some dubs is how, depending on the company, they dumb things down because of being too violent, religious, etc, so things just look/sound utterly ridiculous. (Like in Yu-Gi-Oh!, they always replaced death with "losing your soul/mind/etc" and such and replacing/erasing various symbols like the hexagram, crosses, halos, etc.)

Sometimes some name changes can be a little annoying too, especially when it seems completely unnecessary. (In Yu-Gi-Oh!, changing the Angel and Demon-Type to Fairy and Fiend-Type because of obvious religion relation while they turned Bird to Winged Beast, Undead to Zombie, and such.)

KazamiHayato

KazamiHayato

全て勇気強さ持つの男

RAW for me. It could help to learn you Japanese than rely too much of subs or dubs too.

Signature Image

i like subs better...If the translator is good in grammar...

~~Spreading DARAGON LOVE~~

adith04

adith04

Static Lullaby

I like the subbed version more. Even though dubbed anime are good because they don't have subtitles that can take some space on the screen, there are some Japanese jokes that cannot be translated literally in English. So, the Japanese version with subtitles works best for me. :)

Mekartur

Mekartur

Hiko Seijuro

subbed version, most part of the times, are better.

Hiten-Mitsurugy-Ryu: KUZU-RYU-SEN!!

It totally depends on the quality of the dub or the subtitles. A good dub draws you in, makes you feel like you're really there listening to the characters.

i love sub more than dud because it can heard my artist voice like nana mizuki,aya hirano and shizuka itou

subs is better for me because my japanese is not good enough:(

Subs! \o/ Some jokes might not make sense when it is translated, but in subs, the translator can add notes to explanation it.

i prefer subs! well... japanese voice actors are great!

SUBS, but NICELY SUBS, someones fansubs mmm.. dislike in his style fonts and karaoke effect's

Acez

Fallere092

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

LotusEX

LotusEX

Sorrow...

Subs are the way to go for me...
don't like dubs!

~[“If a man take no thought about what is distant, he will find sorrow near at hand.”]~
Signature

I dont care^^

sakurachan899

sakurachan899

R.I.P onemanga, u will be missed

well id have to say dubs for me, one: if the dubbers do a good job with fitting the chars to the voice actor or dubber. two: the company doing said dubbing, funimation does a good job with dubbing i believe. three: i dont like having to watch an anime or movies and have to read as well, because, if ur trying to do so u will ether, miss some or most of the words while trying to read and watch the action or whatever is going on screen.

merged: 09-07-2010 ~ 09:54pm
but if i can only find it in sub or if its only a couple of eps i will watch subs, lets take tsubasa for example, its what 50 eps, why would u want to sit there and watch and read subs for 25 hours, i ask u why, considering its been dubbed, and yes i know i know, "but saku they have changed the stuff, the feel, and such of it" well i understand that too, and i dont mind, and name chages, they take some getitng uset to if they have done so

merged: 09-07-2010 ~ 09:57pm
and also i will watch subs from time to time cause if what the others have said, i agrre too, subbing sounds better then dub some times and such some times, but hey thats just me, but for the most part i will watch dub

Subs because I prefer the original Cast

ahhhhhzness

ahhhhhzness

beastly

dubs for me because with subs i cant concentrate on the show because im drawn to the words at the bottom then i miss some visual and vice versa and then i miss some dialog and at times wind up back tracking

demons run when a good man goes to war, night will fall and drown the sun when a good man goes to war, friendship dies and true love lies, night will fall and the dark will rise when a good man goes to war

River Song
Doctor Who

page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next » 252 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.