Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ghost Of What We Used To Be (Poem) - Minitokyo

Ghost Of What We Used To Be (Poem)

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Damanex

Damanex

A Genius No Rule Can Contain!

Hello and as always, welcome one and all to another one of my poem sessions. Today, I bring you one of my latest poems from I believe towards the begining of the year. This one is inspired by a girl I once knew. I could easily say that this girl is my very own "one who got away." More like a scared her away and as they say, avenging angels may not ask forgiveness from their victims. If I was a smarter man in my youth, maybe I would still have her friendship or maybe more. I digress, but she was my first love and if I had it my way, we would have been a lot more.

Maybe one day I can write a post about that entire saga of my life, but for now, just a poem she inspired. While I she haunts my dreams from time to time, I have moved on and accepted what I have done. But what I wouldn't give to just talk to her face to face one more day of my life. She is the Misato to my Kaji, and I always saw that couple as us. Unrequited love is a sign of a kind person or so Princess Euphemia says to Suzaku when they first met. I hold that close to my heart and will keep on living, even if this blonde angel is long gone. I am doing WAY too good to let my only regret weigh me down, I take solice in the fact that if she could see me now that she would be very proud of the man I have become. Without out further sap, I give to you this poem. Enjoy, and I as always, more poems to come!

Ghost Of What We Used To Be
By: Jace Reed

Bittersweet drinks cause the dim lights of the afterglow calm my mood. I drift hopelessly into something I know all to well, me without you. Why do I continue to let you haunt me when you left my life so many years ago.

When you held my hand, what was it you felt, or were you looking for something that you didn't find in my heart. Perhaps that old me wasn't right but would you hold me now that the world has caused me to grow into someone respectable?

When you pressed your lips against mine, why wouldn't you let me take you to another place where we could live in bliss? Did you prefer to stand out in the rain with the riff-raff you had in common company or was my promise too much for your young heart to fathom?

If I could only call out your name to find you. If only you would walk into my life with no hesitation of what I could do for you. If only I could move on rather then waiting for that moment to come.

But I will not set free that image of you, the blonde angel that haunts my memories. The one who robbed me of my happiness and gave me a new happiness. The one I chased around the playground of a young love, smiles to be had by both teens. Nothing yet since then has brought me that sort of simple warmth that you gave. Not broken but incomplete, and you have the missing pieces. Tonight I wash down that sorrow with the barkeeper's medicine. Tomorrow, I watch the sunrise when I wake up after dreaming of you.

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style, but a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows in our footsteps." -The Phantom Thief Kid
Signature

*blush* Yai...I feel so fluffy~ ^-^
Love the connection between the words in the poem.
Thank you for sharing. :3

Marked by the outsider.Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

a lot of people have those "one that got away" but this one I am quite impressed with. I like how you took a dark moment of the one that escaped and brought about memories of the cherished, yet short, moments that you possibly had. it was so depressing yet so deep in emotions, can't wait to encounter the next poem that passes by. you truly are a good poet, in my opinion :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

That is so deep... and so amazing, as usual :P We can expect no less from you hun X3 absolutely amazing :P

(Shrugs) I can tell how you felt. Could have used more meaningful words though.

sweetanimegirl24

sweetanimegirl24

Fly away into the vast skies....

I can tell that you did care for this "blonde angel" of yours
Bu I'm glad that you are not living in the past and am glad that you are doing well even after this ^.^
Really this is your only regret? Lucky..I have more than just one regret when concerning my love life lol >//<

Life without love is not love...only existence...
Signature Image

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

You're pretty good at this, I read some in books but all of them were pretty pointless and dry.
+5 to you sir.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.