Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wallpaper / Kobato's flowers - Minitokyo

Wallpaper / Kobato's flowers

Tagged under Kobato

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Tadaaaaa ! Me again ! ^__^

1/ My wallpaper was deleted because : "Poor extraction, might need a bit more effort."
I didn't noticed guys of MT where behind me looking at me when I did my wallpaper to see that I didn't make efforts, dude ! Alright, they say a bit more so does that mean that I did efforts ? Promise, next time I'll kill myself for the extraction, even if sometimes we just need a few things to give so much more beauty to the scan ^__^

2/ And. What kind of effort do you guys precisely want ? Do we have to ruin the scan or something ? I think that you could see in the description that I added things to put my touch and that wasn't just my name at the bottom.

3/ Ok, you don't think I did a lot of efforts. The wallpaper isn't good enough for you. Is it a reason to delete it ? You guys aren't alone here. Before you deleted it, in just one day, my wallpaper had 24 favorites. Isn't it enough for you to realize that my wallpaper was bearable to be seen ? That it was liked ? Did you read the comments ? Did you looked at all that ? I have doubts. If you did, I think it's worst.

4/ That's all. Maybe I'm wrong about all that but that's how you seem guys to be. I won't even be surprised if one day you delete someone work because the character on it was too ugly. I know I'm exagerating right now but that's really how I start to saw you. It's a kind of egoism. You aren't the only one on MT to have a point of view but yours kill all others.

I really needed to tell you all that. I think also that you guys are kind, you patiently answer people complains without being mean or something. But, come on, there's complains everyday. If something is wrong everyday, that's when you must start wondering where the real problem maybe is.

5/ O___O Sorry about telling all that. I really didn't wanted to be rude or anything and I hope I wasn't. I really needed to tell you my feeling. I'm kinda disappointed actually of MT. I came here because I thought I could improve here but, right now, I just feel like you delete things without fair reasons and that makes me sad ;__;

I really really really hope that I'm wrong about all that.

I'm ready to bingo

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Chill out.

Personally, I'm getting a little tired of the words "Low-effort" because a lot of new wallers think it means that we think they didn't spend enough time or effort making the wallpaper, when it really means that it LOOKS like they didn't spend enough time and effort on the wallpaper (I know that sounds like it's the same thing, but it's not). So I'm gonna try to explain this to you on why it LOOKS low-effort:

Can you give us a link to the original scan? 'Cause right now it looks like the original scan with a bunch of gradients and textures on top of it. I noticed you had extracted the scan (but it's really messy, especially in the bottom left corner). What tool do you use to extract scans? The pen tool is the best, in my opinion.

So yeah. It was deleted because textures & gradients over the scan + simple background = the wallpaper LOOKING low-effort-y.

But you know, your post has brought to my attention on what MTs standards really are. I'm gonna have to talk to the other mods about this...

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

Quote by ChloeChill out.

Personally, I'm getting a little tired of the words "Low-effort" because a lot of new wallers think it means that we think they didn't spend enough time or effort making the wallpaper, when it really means that it LOOKS like they didn't spend enough time and effort on the wallpaper (I know that sounds like it's the same thing, but it's not). So I'm gonna try to explain this to you on why it LOOKS low-effort:

Can you give us a link to the original scan? 'Cause right now it looks like the original scan with a bunch of gradients and textures on top of it. I noticed you had extracted the scan (but it's really messy, especially in the bottom left corner). What tool do you use to extract scans? The pen tool is the best, in my opinion.

So yeah. It was deleted because textures & gradients over the scan + simple background = the wallpaper LOOKING low-effort-y.

But you know, your post has brought to my attention on what MTs standards really are. I'm gonna have to talk to the other mods about this...

The original scan, sure I can... Just have to look for it.......... [?] Found it (finally) !
Yup, I had a lot of difficulties with the bottom left corner ;__; First, I was thinking of put a brush here but it seemed to me wrong to hide it with something who would ruin the atmosphere =__=

Honestly, just give up the words "Low-effort". I know what you mean by that but I just can't prevent myself from beeing... unhappy or vexed. Maybe it takes more time but better say precisely what's wrong in the PM else than "low-effort"... I think (yeah, that happens even to me U__U)

Soooooooo, now, I can agree with you on what you it's not enough for MT.

Thanks for answering me (again) and thanks for thinking about it... ^__^

Now, I'm also really sorry so I'm gonna hide myself ;__; Hard to say what you feel when you're kinda shy =__=

I'm ready to bingo

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

the best way to understand effort felcie is not to think about it in terms of how hard you worked on a wallpaper. when we refer to effort we are talking specifically about the effort you made in thinking about the wallpaper and creating something that is meaningfully/significantly different from the original scan while putting consideration is the breadth of resources at your disposal. if you understand this definition and have a better word choice for us to use, we would be happy to substitute it with something else.

Signature Image
vector-wallers tag-licious

Quote by vitaaminthe best way to understand effort felcie is not to think about it in terms of how hard you worked on a wallpaper. when we refer to effort we are talking specifically about the effort you made in thinking about the wallpaper and creating something that is meaningfully/significantly different from the original scan while putting consideration is the breadth of resources at your disposal. if you understand this definition and have a better word choice for us to use, we would be happy to substitute it with something else.

Oh, yeah, don't worry, I understand what you mean now ^__^
A better word choice ? Uhm... "Lack of creativity" ? "Lack of originality" ? Is originality even English...?
Let's say it is, I'm too lazy to go check in my English/French dictionnary XD So... That's what I suggest, it's maybe closer of what you mean. Or say "Low-effort of creativity". Just one word much (or two XD) and that's more understable... I guess.
And I stop here my researches of word choice or else I'll be late to University ;__;

Have a nice day ^__^

I'm ready to bingo

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.