Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Minitokyo: Multiple resolutions and alternative versions - Minitokyo

Minitokyo: Multiple resolutions and alternative versions

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 58 total items

I like the idea I love MT =)

Oh, btw, I forgot to say, THANK YOU FRAN AND SHEQEL. :)

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

ndox900

ndox900

ndeso forever ^_^

well... this is good news for who like to make wallpaper ^__^
super awesome work Fran and Sheqel XD

hmm... i'm sleepy Signature Image

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

This is simply awesome!

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

well that took you long enough~
ahahah, thanks for this feature.

now... if you would make the doujinshi section to support scans of up to 5000x5000 px shots.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Quote by akiranyoIs possible to add 16:10 and 16:9 seperately for widescreen?
AP supports 16:9 up to 2048x1152.

Yes, you can add 16:10 and 16:9 separately
---------
is there a limit to the number of alternate versions? also, is there a way to add more resolutions for alternate versions? XD

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Okay it accepted both 16:10 and 16:9. Though 16:9 only to 1920x1080.
Original was 2048x1152.

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

GREAT thing to hear :) thanks to you and im happy my favourite anime wallpaper site, will grow up like this ;)

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Quote by akiranyoOkay it accepted both 16:10 and 16:9. Though 16:9 only to 1920x1080.
Original was 2048x1152.

That's because 2048x1152 is not currently supported. Maybe it'll be added in the future.

bloore

bloore

the blur in your pants

I guess if people were useless enough to just resize an image (when ratio is not the matter), then thanks for the upgrade.

The Yuri Sneaker

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Quote by koroyamiit would be like theotaku.com
thats nice

On that site 99% of ppl do still 1024x768, so dunno whats the meaning.
But AnimePaper has multiple resolutions since 4 years.

merged: 09-10-2010 ~ 08:25am

Quote by MapleRose

Quote by akiranyoOkay it accepted both 16:10 and 16:9. Though 16:9 only to 1920x1080.
Original was 2048x1152.

That's because 2048x1152 is not currently supported. Maybe it'll be added in the future.

Despite that 16:9 is currently the most popular resolution for new monitors, there seems be a problem with lack of high resolutions there. 1920x1080 - has only 1080 pixel height, and when we compare with 2560x1600, the difference of over 500 pixels. Guess as a waller you also can tell the difference in quality.
I know of course that is hard to find 16:9 monitors which support higher as the mentioned 1080p.

Signature

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Quote by akiranyo
Despite that 16:9 is currently the most popular resolution for new monitors, there seems be a problem with lack of high resolutions there. 1920x1080 - has only 1080 pixel height, and when we compare with 2560x1600, the difference of over 500 pixels. Guess as a waller you also can tell the difference in quality.
I know of course that is hard to find 16:9 monitors which support higher as the mentioned 1080p.

What about 500px? o.o

2035x1152 I hadn't heard of that one before its not on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vector_Video_Standards2.svg

Yoko-Litner

Yoko-Litner

?????????

Oh this is great!

my-maidenvectoryvector-wallersnocturnal-mtssesshomaru-luvinhellsingbloodthirstyfullmetal-alchemist-fansbrokenwings-trinitybloodcode-geass-knightsdark-walliescolorfull-wallies[gruop=cute-wallies]cafe-tboujin-arenadoujinshi-support-clubdark-palacedemons-of-rebellion

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

I LOVE this! being able to upload both a widescreen and 4:3 is great, and then finally having the ability upload an alternate version is wonderful. :3 I tested it out by adding the "Nightmare" version of my Silent Hill wallpaper.

I do have to say, though, that I think having the original wallpaper as a "version" on the side is a little deceptive. It sort of looks like it might be a different version as well.

P.s. - I also like that our userpages show our latetst wallpaper <3
P.s.s. - Thank you, Fran, for beta testing! :D

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

Quote: Additionally, you can also upload slightly different versions of the same submission, for example, the same version of your wallpaper without text.

I loved this! thanks a lot! =DD

KUWAIT! <3

Somilge

Somilge

splendirrifically wtfragilistic

woot, nice, I've been wondering about different resolutions as well. Thank you very much ^^

Signature

hidekeitaro

hidekeitaro

MEMENTO MORI

GREAT! Finally this feature! Thanks for notice o/

Signature

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Not advertising, just about the facts
Dell's UltraSharp U2711 27" LCD monitor - max resolution 2560 x 1440/16:9 (WQHD)
NEC PA271W 27" LCD - max resolution 2560 x 1440/16:9 (WQHD)

Only question of time when they start use this resolution more widely. Also 2048x1552 and 1920x1080 are full compatible with this.

Also:
SAMSUNG 2343bwx 23" LCD - max resolution 2048x1152/16:9

Wiki is outdated Ms. Sheqel, MT should look more towards the future.

Signature

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

Quote: Its pretty redundant...there's nothing easier than making a resize this days.

Only sort of, if you are talking about different resolutions within the same format. However sometimes artistic adjustments are necessary for going between widescreen and standard screen, so if you do it yourself in certain cases the wallpaper might look tacky or awkward. If it were only a matter of resizing people probably wouldn't make so many requests for the artist to change the screen format, they would just do it themselves. Besides, this isn't just a change in regards to adding new resolutions, this is also about finally being able to upload alternate versions of a wallpaper in general.

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

great news it' s very awesome
good luck for future minitokyo

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

A very helpful feature that will be useful for everyone.

Thanks, Sheq. :)

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

Cool news. This really useful feature)))

Hachiko

Hachiko

The Akita on MiniTokyo

Good work, Sheqs. See yous.

Signature
To the brave otaku and MiniTokyo faithful, nothing is without moe.

me gusta mucho, gr

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 58 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.