Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Your OC looks like.... - Minitokyo

Your OC looks like....

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Lykea

Lykea

Jin

I don't know about you, but I personally hate it when people tend to pick out the slightest similarities between your original characters and some other character from a series. I mean, I spend hours days and weeks trying to make something unique and fitting for my comics, and nothing gets me down more than knowing all that time was wasted because somehow black, long hair and asian meant I copied it form the two hundred billion other characters out there who already has black long hair.

I dont know...does that happen to you? :/

I'm always critical of my own work so when someone says it looks like something that already exists, I try to change it. Only in the end, it looks like something else. Nothing is truly original anymore >__>...

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

sometimes they do semi look a like, but maybe people state that because they have no eye for artwork, or they don't understand the point you were trying to make. sometimes artwork does look a like, even in anime characters tend to look like another anime, depending on who did the anime. a short while ago I posted that a piece of art looked like artwork from a visual novel. but that doesn't mean that's where it came from, it just means that's what it looked like to me. things are still limited in the anime world when it comes to doing art work, but don't let this get you down, just do your best and know you did your best, that's all that really matters. oh and it being accepted to stay by the staff that's also another one (p.s. this elite present in typing does not make such decisions)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

ndox900

ndox900

ndeso forever ^_^

its always happen in manga world cuz if you categorize all two hundred billion character you ever saw , you will get

8 style for face
12 style for expression (if im not mistake)
6 style for hair
3 style for body
6 kind character personality

all you can do is mix and match all of that style and the different for all that is how you stroke the line for your character.
if you see carefully the character every mangaka/studio have made , you'll notice that only with line you can tell the dfferent.
for example Dragon ball , Sailor Moon and One Piece they have different mangaka but in one studio Toei Animation thats why the character look very similar but different.
in this case you can call it Toei Animation style character ^__^

hmm... i'm sleepy Signature Image

Lykea

Lykea

Jin

@angelxxuan: hahah ye now that you mention it, trying to be original in an animated world is rather hard :/ I suppose it does end up a matter of self judgement as you said :3 And lol ye I've noticed some really obvious similarities between manga/anime characters but no one ever points it out to them coz they're famous =__= hahah

merged: 09-19-2010 ~ 12:40pm
@ndox900: LOL hey you're right! :/ haha I never realised that >__>;; wow now everything seems similar >XD ROFL man those statistics sure sound reassuring >XP I shall quote you on that one day if need be >;D hahaha

I know what you mean! I hate that as well. Just because they have one thing similar to an established and or famous anime/game character I must obviously be drawing said character. Its irritating really. Or worse, they say you are just copying that character -_-

Lykea

Lykea

Jin

Quote by SemienigmaI know what you mean! I hate that as well. Just because they have one thing similar to an established and or famous anime/game character I must obviously be drawing said character. Its irritating really. Or worse, they say you are just copying that character -_-

Yeah I've been there ;p It's quite hard to to convince people you've had a certain idea before when someone else publishes it >__>;; it's kinda like as soon as they're published it's THEIR idea =___= hurr but I suppose that is what copyrighting is

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.