Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 This my first wall so... - Minitokyo

This my first wall so...

page 1 of 1 15 total items

http://pics.livejournal.com/hanashima_tsu/pic/00001ydg

Is this acceptable, I wonder as this is my first wall...
It has 13 Layers and I didn't vector this
I just used this scan in Minitokyo
The background is from this photo I randomly found
I know chizuru's back part lokked unnatural nut i've run out of ideas T^T

critiques are welcome^^
=============================================

omni

omni

Hostile But Cuddly

It's so... it's so...

Tiny.

(Sorry, I recently got a nice screen resolution, and I'm still rubbing it in people's faces).

In any event. You wanted feedback, and boy, oh, boy, are you going to get feedback.

You did a pretty decent job on making the stock photo not look so photo... ish. Unfortunately, it's still very obviously of a style very different from the scan that the scan really stands out, making it look really 2D against the background. The main problem there is the edges; and you've already noticed the worst problem with that (that obnoxious light source at the back of the girl's head).

Honestly, you really need to have a fair bit of experience to deal with the problem you're running in to. Even when I'd been walling for some two and a half years and I was trying to pull off a similar trick (making my scan fit into my background for it), I had to pull a lot of the stops out to get it satisfactory; and the reward for what you're trying to do here isn't going to be nearly as visually stunning as the amount of work that you're going to have to put into it.

So I'd actually recommend going more for style than realism. Simplify things. Reduce the background down to a pastel dreamscape sort of thing

Signature ImageM. G. C. S.
No. 6, this time in desktop form.
God, I'm interesting.

Thanks~~
Actually it's not that tiny
I just resized it
Thanks again, anyway!
==========================

omni

omni

Hostile But Cuddly

I see. Now I don't feel so impressive.

Jerk.

Next time you do that, I recommend adding a link to the original size, so that people can have a more detailed look at it.

God, I'm interesting.

Sorry about that
By the way, you do reply so quickly
==============================

omni

omni

Hostile But Cuddly

Eh, I just happen to be online right now, and this site apparently notifies you when somebody replies you in a thread you've posted in.

God, I'm interesting.

Oh...okay!
Thanks again!
==============

Lykea

Lykea

Jin

Colour wise it's great :3! However, the image itself stands out abit :/ Maybe blur out the edges so it blends into it a bit better? :3

The Background is good

belson

belson

Monitoring for your mom!

You can try to use gradient mapping to blend the char with BG. If you use normal filters, it will end up funny sometimes.

the atmophere is good ,but the movement is a little sturban

DanRen

DanRen

When Colors Fade...

i think it will look great if you have a litle more experience in doing that kind of work but for now it have several deficiences i hope you keep practing to do even betters wallpapers

Signature

its okay..but i like the original better

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

Not bad... but omni just pinpointed everything... its nice that BG does not look like a real photo... but the scan stands out easily and the BG is there for nothing... I think you should also adjust the light source on the back of the girl's head... a few more experiments and this wallpaper will turn out just fine ^^

Nice work . . but yeah. The omni pinpointed everything. /hum

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.