Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Manga inking - digital or traditional? - Minitokyo

Manga inking - digital or traditional?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

Lykea

Lykea

Jin

Just wondering, who here likes to ink things traditionally? :/ Despite all the new programs out there designed to help us ink, I still find that I ink better when I have a pen in my hand =3= I've tried programs like SAI and MS EX4 for inking but I was wondering what other programs are there?

hayashinomura

hayashinomura

Freelance Artist

Me too, I love traditional inking specially for lineart. Since I think pen make my style not really change than when I vector the lineart ^^
Btw, have you heard about MyPaint? It's good to make lineart and paint too also it had many variation of brush in it ^^

Lykea

Lykea

Jin

OOHHHHHHHHHH no I haven't heard of MyPaint! @w@ Thanks for telling me! I think I'll go explore abit on that...

hayashinomura

hayashinomura

Freelance Artist

No problem ^^

digital all the way.

traditional is beautiful, but digital is okay too :)

i like digital but sometimes traditional looks way better.

WolfCAT

WolfCAT

THE AWESOME SAUCE

I actually have recently started using a g pen. I actually love it! The linework becomes really smooth and all my charas lines have more personality!

i use picmapen and india ink

it's very easy to find in my country

This is my deviantart
Signature Image

KazamiHayato

KazamiHayato

全て勇気強さ持つの男

I'm either both using digital and traditional in many ways however depends of the art and my style by the skills in design.

Signature Image

Akaasai

Akaasai

Megane Eh?

yah me agreed with kazamihayato,modern n traditional inking mades drawing more beautiful

Hardcore Gamers,Hardcore Otaku,Hardcore Ecchi!

Traditional I like, I can't do either traditional nor digital, but whatever.

Depends what I am doing. If it's my comic then penning by hand always looks better. If it's a digital drawing the I pen digitally.

I love doing things by hand, I find it easier to ink by hand rather than on a computer. The pen actually obey me. Although I won't be able to re-do a line it's much more fun.

traditional. i love seeing the tiny imperfections when i scan them and know its unique

definately traditional, no matter i do or the art by other

I like traditional but digital is clean and more easy to have and use (don't buy the material) but eventually soft.
For digital if you miss, you erase or back to modify your error =3

Tradicional. /hum

Corvyie

Corvyie

Uh-huh.

I go with traditional.

Actions speak louder than words and words speak louder than thoughts.

[url=http://bleach-central.minitokyo.net]

fadecharmer

fadecharmer

.fluticasone

Because I do such a lousy ink job whenever I draw traditionally, I usually just ink stuff digitally... Much easier for me.

digital inking is faster and cleaner, for colored manga particularly. BUT the traditional one can creative some random effects~~

Traditional looks more natural if you ask me, but I don't have much practice with it
digital is less messy ~

*goes to practice traditional*

traditional is good for increase our skill.... (especially by pen, you will carefully to draw :D can't erase it (T_T))
digital make our work more easy...

Traditional definitly !
the feel of real a4 paper is making the worl of manga even more great the water paint , the copics and the pencil are making the colors even more amazing having you hoping you would one day be able to look at the original copies and admire the fine work of awesome artists , the feel of the pennibs scraching on the paper the smell of china ink while it dries on your manuscript, the ifferent sorts of tones you apply on your paper , and when you are done, the awesome feeling of having created an unbelievably beautiful piece of art that shall be seen around the world .... the whole process of traditional works has an unbearable feel of beauty igniting from it *O*

?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.