Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Manga inking - digital or traditional? - Minitokyo

Manga inking - digital or traditional?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 38 total items

some people like ink but since i'm lazy some times i would scan my drawings and place them in the why i want them and just add bubbles but thats just me.

Maybe do it pen then use digital for the colour and stuff?

Ink is much more fun and natural looking (of course), but it's naturally gonna get messy.

And with the way I draw it's lot easier when you can move the paper. I think it's all around much better than digital inking, which will always look digital to the trained eye (which isn't necessarily bad), and while cleaning mistakes may be a cinch, only recently has Photoshop added the ability to rotate the image somewhat intuitively.

It's just a personal thing, really. Because there's no way you can take two talented artists and say X is better because they do/don't use digital/traditional. Good art is good art.

drawing is pretty much the same, the only difference is you can modify a lot in digi painting, coloring is completely different

Only The Strong Survive!

I ink traditionally because I can't do it digitally :D

Digital inking is better for anime style, seeing as you can get it cleaner. But if you want grit and weight to your lines, nothing beats traditional art. you have to have the right pen and paper though, and it's a lot more stressful.

I don't ink most of my artworks because I'm too lazy to ink. Lol. Still, I prefer traditional :)

i never tried digital, but i still like traditional more

Anh

Traditional looks way more impressive than digital. But this is just my opinion, I prefer everything traditional, I'm kind of old school person.

I like both ways. Each of them have their own pros and cons

I actually have recently started using a g pen. I actually love it! The linework becomes really smooth and all my charas lines have more personality!

yokoshiro

yokoshiro

Yokoshiro

I'm all in for traditional.

Freelancer - Artist

Rapshield31

Rapshield31

diverted

Of course I still use a pen. These digital things are annoying to me.

riyusen

riyusen

Riyusen..

eeehhh...! i dont know how to use the digital way of inking, thats why i always use the traditional way XD

"what you see is not what you always get., ..Signature Image

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 38 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.