Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What is your opinion about Religion? - Minitokyo

What is your opinion about Religion?

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 57 total items

Quote by UsagixKitsuneI also used to believe in Sanzos' "Religion is a form of social shepherding" theory. When I really thought about it though I realised that this new Atheism craze may be no different. Most people are like sheep and so how can you be sure that all these fanatic atheists who bash religion and think only science can and will provide all answers aren't the exact same people who would have been fanatic Christians only a few centuries or even decades ago? I don't think they truly represent either Religion or Atheism only what is most popular in their environment and era.

In other words are these Atheists who claim to be free thinking really thinking for themselves or are they just swallowing what scientists tell them in the exact same fashion as these religious people they despise so much?

Notice that I never mentioned Science? That's because it has nothing to do with my opinion on religion. It may be different in USA, but I 'dropped', so to say, religion, when I took Philosophy at school, and not science. Philosophy made me question everything, and being that I had never felt particularly connected to the supposed guy from above, letting go of religion wasn't hard for me. It was like opening my eyes, but I reached that conclusion myself. Others didn't alter their beliefs. Nobody convinced me of anything. I'm not a rabid lunatic that tells others what to do (aka, Not Believe), because to me, the essence of Atheism and that which differentiates it from Religion, is that it questions things, it makes people think and invites them to judge on their own terms, but never imposing. The main trait of Atheism (just as it's the main trait for Progressism and open-mindedness) is that it never tells people what to do, it just provokes them to question everything before judging and acting, it downplays the absolute assurance of radicalism, and it's always about letting people do things and not forbidding them.

"Also, Russia liked America in the same way that little boys liked the ants they burnt on the sidewalks in the summer. Only with a little more pizzazz, and outer space." (or "why do they call this war cold, baby, when it's so hot between us?" xD. America/Russia in a nutshell)

"Is there just something in the water over here, that makes you guys every so often go 'fuck it, let's have a rumble?'. I'm not touching another one of your big, European, 'bring your friends' wars, like you're throwing a neighborhood potluck or something. It's not my job to ride in like the fucking cavalry every time you get into a jam." (America's thoughts on Europe, after the "well, that was pretty pointless" fiesta of WW1. From "The Chosen End")

I don't hate who praticate every kind of religion. I'm atheist but i was Crhistian( i hope i write in the right mode) because my mother and my father are Crhistian; i become( if can i say this) atheist 2 or 3 here ago.. The strange fact is this: i like study religion at my school like subject, and i read a lot of book about Islam, i don't know why, but for me it is very interessant!
I believe in SCIENZE and nothing else! <3

keno999

keno999

Forumfield 3 Player (Battlelog)

Athiestism is a religion within itself.

I may be raised by a Catholic family, but I believe in what I believe in.

My Deviant Art: http://keno999.deviantart.com/
My sigs are too huge for this forum.
"Солдаты, в путь, в путь, в путь..."

i do believe in the teaching of the bible ....

As for religion, half-athiest half some else.... i blame you physics ><

I am a Methodist and the priest/preacher are allowed to marry... But the only truth is in the bible...

KamikazeKoga

KamikazeKoga

??????????

I'm Catholic mostly because my family is Catholic. I'm mostly not religious with some interest in Shintoism and Buddhism. Actually, my beliefs are a mixture of some things in Christianity and some things from anime (yes, anime), but I'm not going to go through that right now. But basically, I think that religion is good, but at the same time, I don't like how the western religions conduct themselves. It seems like those religions actively try to get people to believe what they believe and shun people that don't believe what they believe. People are and should be able to decide for themselves what they believe/don't believe. Politics, religion, everything. People shouldn't be forcing their beliefs to other people.

Quote by KamikazeKogaI'm Catholic mostly because my family is Catholic. I'm mostly not religious with some interest in Shintoism and Buddhism. Actually, my beliefs are a mixture of some things in Christianity and some things from anime (yes, anime), but I'm not going to go through that right now. But basically, I think that religion is good, but at the same time, I don't like how the western religions conduct themselves. It seems like those religions actively try to get people to believe what they believe and shun people that don't believe what they believe. People are and should be able to decide for themselves what they believe/don't believe. Politics, religion, everything. People shouldn't be forcing their beliefs to other people.

I wonder, with those rational ideals, how can you identify with a western religion then...they embody everything you are against...

"Also, Russia liked America in the same way that little boys liked the ants they burnt on the sidewalks in the summer. Only with a little more pizzazz, and outer space." (or "why do they call this war cold, baby, when it's so hot between us?" xD. America/Russia in a nutshell)

"Is there just something in the water over here, that makes you guys every so often go 'fuck it, let's have a rumble?'. I'm not touching another one of your big, European, 'bring your friends' wars, like you're throwing a neighborhood potluck or something. It's not my job to ride in like the fucking cavalry every time you get into a jam." (America's thoughts on Europe, after the "well, that was pretty pointless" fiesta of WW1. From "The Chosen End")

for me i see religion as a path to where i want though im different from others of my religion i respect all other religions
my way is doing all i have to do extras are not needed so stay on the edge of the religion
by the way im muslim and an otaku

Personally, I don't care much about religion. No offense at all to anyone. I like the fact that my parents don't force me to go to church or follow a certain god. I'm just me. I go through life just fine.

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 57 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.