Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Catfishing - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Inspired by the documentary movie Catfish to make this thread.
If you catfish, you lie to people online about yourself.
The movie is a huge eye-opener, esp. for Facebook users.
If you seen the movie, tell me your opinion about it, or tell me if you were fooled by others online.
Either by a friendship or cyber-romance.

Marked by the outsider.Signature Image

superkabog

superkabog

VIP,Queen ~ Goddess

I just watch The Trailer right now...and It's interesting (some kind of Documentary)
Goodness! Hope, that It'll never happen to me...

Signature
	Image ’̿’\̵͇̿̿\з==(•̪●)==ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I just went and found the trailer, but truth be told, everyone has lied online, they could be using a real name and it still be fake. using a screen name, not telling your age, all lies if you really think about it. people will always lie, it's one of the smaller sins that people think will be alright, and sometimes a tiny lie can turn into a massive white lie. it's not uncommon for me to see this online

here's the trailer that I watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFKe75Q6eVw

Warning: spoilers and some semi/slightly mature content just throwing that out there for those that are sensitive to things, even "love" or online to offline love :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

hmm looks interestin

maic

maic

801-chan

I've never heard this movie .. I tried to search the trailer but there isn't nowhere ... 00?

a true Hero is not measured by the strength of his muscles.. but by the power of his Heart

Emma93

Emma93

Double E O.o

well honestly i havent seen it ^^; but i will look it up if i get sum free time mechie :3

Member of the Band .::DarKLeaF::.

You'll alwaysRisewhen othersfall..
KUWAIT!Signature Image

kikaruu

kikaruu

I'm fairly innocuous.

Going to seek it out right now. I'll tell you what I think when I see it. Judging from the trailer alone, it looks pretty interesting.

~Kikaruu

You should check out my free music! http://www.last.fm/music/Kikaruu/

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Well, idk about "if you're a catfish you lie to people about yourself." That seems like an oversimplification of the story. The title of the film comes from the husband of one of the characters:

"They used to tank cod from Alaska all the way to China. They’d keep them in vats in the ship. By the time the codfish reached China the flesh was mush and tasteless. So this guy came up with this idea that if you put these cods in these big vats, put some catfish in with them. And the catfish would keep the cod agile. And there are those people who are catfish in life. And they keep you on your toes, they keep you guessin’ they keep you thinkin’ they keep you fresh. And I thank god for the catfish, because we would be dull and boring if we didn’t have somebody nipping at our fin."

I was really interested in seeing this Documentary, then watched a 20/20 special that pretty much spoiled the whole movie for me...lol. They really should have put a spoiler warning at the beginning of the broadcast. XD Anyways, of course there will always be people who lie about themselves online, but I think the most intriguing thing about this movie is how DEEP the web of lies became.

I've been fooled by someone before. They claimed to be younger in age than they really were. I was very hurt and angry when they eventually told me the truth. It pretty much ruined the friendship.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.