Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Fanservice! Your feeling about it? - Minitokyo

Fanservice! Your feeling about it?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

What do you feel about fanservice? Does it make an anime/manga more exciting?

In general, it can. However, it can also depend on how it's executed.

If the anime/manga is pretty much focused primarily ON the fanservice or is just random like that sometimes, then virtually any form of fanservice at any time fulfills the anime/manga's objective. However, if there's actually meant to be a story involved, then they need to be careful on how/when the fanservice is executed. Some may not care, but others actually DO hope for more than simply fanservice.

One of the most recent examples being High School of the Dead. The fanservice, while nice in general, just felt way too forced and pointless quite a bit of the time in terms of the anime. (The manga actually keeps it pretty balanced overall, IMO.)

Another example, anime-wise, being the Ikkitousen series. Same differences where the anime seems almost ALL about the fanservice while the manga actually keeps going with the story while the fanservice is executed more wisely and not made the sole focal point a lot of the time. Sure the girls fight in the anime too, but the way the anime goes, that's not the purpose; it's just an excuse to tear up their clothes and show off fanservice while the fighting itself is usually somewhat sub-par compared to the manga.

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

ok the fan service is somethign that must be used to please and give more to the fans ( in example Clannad, clannad afterstory, clannad another world; kyou / tomoyo)

but it must never change the original story or plot or events just to please the fan base.

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

MMM :) a manga without fan service is like tea without sugar. It make the story more exciting, especially for us girls :D HAHA

Ah, Fanservice is normal for anime, like Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha. (Fanservice in nice in MSLN, because there are lots of cute girls)
I don't see anything bad with fanservice, and it does make anime more exciting. ::-----D

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_service

personally I can live without this. a show, regardless, doesn't need this to be a good show. anime, live action, and beyond. I've watched many a things and not once was there a fan service scene or anything along those lines. but this is japanese cartoons and comic books we're talking about here, chances are since they keep it private in real life, it's seriously going to show in other ways and that is when a tasteful scene can turn deathly or dangerous within the next scene, all due to the over drafting of fan service into something.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

Too little fanservice is MUCH better than too much i think. I think it just ruins any sense of romance or seriousness if you're getting a panty shot or boob in the face every 5 seconds. To Love Ru and Rosario + Vampire are the worst offenders I've seen. I guess people must like it since they make anime like that in the first place but its not for me. I much prefer something more serious and romantic like clannad or da capo.

I think I agree with most that fanservice is appreciated when it doesn't go overboard.
Too many changes of the basics of the plot usually end up getting us bored instead of satisfying us.

yes i love fanservice. XD

Quote by UsagixKitsuneToo little fanservice is MUCH better than too much i think. I think it just ruins any sense of romance or seriousness if you're getting a panty shot or boob in the face every 5 seconds. To Love Ru and Rosario + Vampire are the worst offenders I've seen. I guess people must like it since they make anime like that in the first place but its not for me. I much prefer something more serious and romantic like clannad or da capo.

In at least the case of Rosario + Vampire, it's really just the anime that fell prey to the fanservice predator.

The manga, on the other hand, despite still there being fanservice in various areas, at least has an actual story, plot, character development, etc to keep things going, thus fanservice is just 1 good thing about it among them.

The anime seemed to focus ONLY on the fanservice over 90% of the time though while having the bare minimum of anything else just to keep it somewhat in tune with the manga...

lam0o

lam0o

Filp,Switch And Haruhi?

fanservice is used just to entrain us like comedy from Sora no Otoshimono
but some animes like high school of the dead doesn't need it

as for manga don't read any XD

Signature

...hmmm....fanservice.....hehehehe......it's a great part of an anime.....

MANDy

MANDy

So...hot...

Fan service can make anime/manga become more interesting if it placed in an appropriate portion.

I do not fear death, but I do fear of losing sight on what I believe in.
hetalia-axis-powers

My opinion on fanservice is this: have some taste about it or keep it at least at a minimum.

i like fanservice.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Really, it all depends on how it's done.

There are times when, honestly speaking, the sex appeal fits with the character and helps the viewer create a much more deeper understanding of the character. Other times when it fits into a certain situation or circumstance.

Then, there are times when it's just sort of randomly thrown in. Or my personal favorite, the bath/onsen scene where the girls oogle each other and verbally talk about it. It really depends on the series itself and how it's presented. It can be cute, and it can also be incredibly tasteless and in some rare cases, actually ruin a series completely.

Signature Image

Quote by CyanideBlizzardReally, it all depends on how it's done.

There are times when, honestly speaking, the sex appeal fits with the character and helps the viewer create a much more deeper understanding of the character. Other times when it fits into a certain situation or circumstance.

Then, there are times when it's just sort of randomly thrown in. Or my personal favorite, the bath/onsen scene where the girls oogle each other and verbally talk about it. It really depends on the series itself and how it's presented. It can be cute, and it can also be incredibly tasteless and in some rare cases, actually ruin a series completely.

That's pretty much what I mean in saying that it can depend on how it's executed. As said, the manga of High School of the Dead is actually quite enjoyable overall, but the anime, while including the same ecchi scenes from the manga, also just goes WAY overboard (matrix chest anyone?) and makes it really pointless and it just...ruins things... x_x

I'm tired of all the fanservice, really. So much that a mainstream anime without fanservice comes across as original.

Sometimes I really hate it.

Yeah, I love fanservice in anime and manga!

kamuinoyume

kamuinoyume

OMAE WO SHINJIRU!

It's seriously screwed up a lot of good Anime this decade...it's all I'm saying...

Live like you'll die tomorrow, dream like you'll live forever!

As long as it doesn't get in the way of the Anime, it doesn't bother me. But if it's constant and start's looking like a Hentai, then it bugs me.
Highschool of the Dead is probably the most Fanservice or Echhi that i'll get, lol.

Avid Anime Lover, and Aspiring VoiceOver Artist!

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

I don't like fanservice. Never to me does a shot of a partially naked shot of a person make my day and usually I think it takes away from the show. I recognize that sometimes there is story purpose of character development, but those are usually the characters I don't like much anyways.

merged: 10-24-2010 ~ 09:28pm
I don't like fan service. Never does a partially naked body make my day or add to a show to me. I recognize that every once in a while it is important to the story or adds to a character, but those are usually the sort of characters I don't care for that much anyway.

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

Sometimes, it can be very distracting

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.