Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Katekyo Hitman Reborn - Is it racist? - Minitokyo

Katekyo Hitman Reborn - Is it racist?

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Ok so I'm down to episode 121 of this show and I've been thinking it's a tad racist. I heard that in the Episode 126, some person flogs some black guys and then the black guys power up because they are getting flogged. WTF? Maybe it's because I'm black that I'm noticing these things but it's quite upsetting. There's no positive black character. Tsuna doesn't even have a single black person on his team or in the whole organisation. I really love this show too.

What do you think?

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

if something upsets you, don't watch. but that's the anime world, they have yet to make an anime that isn't racist, that isn't this or that, there will always be an anime created that has some form of negative to it, from over gratification to ecchi (if you don't like that), to jokes about over weight people, race, gender, person. but I've found if something upsets you stop learning about it, stop watching it and find something else. but to be honest that's one of them ore tamed anime that I've seen geared towards the insulting of something.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Quote by sasuralOk so I'm down to episode 121 of this show and I've been thinking it's a tad racist. I heard that in the Episode 126, some person flogs some black guys and then the black guys power up because they are getting flogged. WTF? Maybe it's because I'm black that I'm noticing these things but it's quite upsetting. There's no positive black character. Tsuna doesn't even have a single black person on his team or in the whole organisation. I really love this show too.

What do you think?

Maybe because there are no black people in japan, so the one they added was a foreigner.
I think thats the case here

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

toshifan there are black people in japan, every race, religion, etc resides in japan, but sometimes the "small jokes" can turn into hurtful ones real fast and people don't really care, they are out to make money, they don't care the toes they step on to get there, or so in my opinion from countless other things I've seen in society today.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Quote by angelxxuanif something upsets you, don't watch. but that's the anime world, they have yet to make an anime that isn't racist, that isn't this or that, there will always be an anime created that has some form of negative to it, from over gratification to ecchi (if you don't like that), to jokes about over weight people, race, gender, person. but I've found if something upsets you stop learning about it, stop watching it and find something else. but to be honest that's one of them ore tamed anime that I've seen geared towards the insulting of something.

Thanks for your answer.
I am going to continue watching this anime. I love it a lot and I can't just abandon Yamamoto Takeshi and Hibari <3. I just wanted to know what other thought. I'm obviously disheartened that it was insensitive but meh, i'll just have to deal with it.
Sorry, I didn't understand your last sentence

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

what I meant was, in my previous anime viewing career, I've seen some dangerous stuff that have some racist stuff, and I found that this anime was slightly tamed and not as bad. but that's how most anime has, some sort of sly joke here and there, and some that is highly racist, and only a few that have very little racism, other. and sometimes when it's dubbed a lot of that stuff is taken out for viewers. hope that makes sense.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

i belive you are the racist person by grouping them as offended cause of their color instead of tihnking,t hey are friends?

also racism might be apart of the story ( look at valkyria chronicles for example )

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

I don't know about the flogging of black people, but about why there doesn't seem to be any positive black character in the series...well, a lot of anime don't have black characters. The only black characters I can think of right now are April from Darker than Black and Dutch from Black Lagoon. And it's not surprising, as Japan doesn't have a significant black population.

Actually, dislike of dark skin is ingrained in Asian cultures. so that probably contributes to it. I live in Asia, and I know a lot of people who, uh, don't find blacks attractive at all because of the skin color (usually older people). Sad, isn't it?

Quote by cteaI don't know about the flogging of black people, but about why there doesn't seem to be any positive black character in the series...well, a lot of anime don't have black characters. The only black characters I can think of right now are April from Darker than Black and Dutch from Black Lagoon. And it's not surprising, as Japan doesn't have a significant black population.

Actually, dislike of dark skin is ingrained in Asian cultures. so that probably contributes to it. I live in Asia, and I know a lot of people who, uh, don't find blacks attractive at all because of the skin color (usually older people). Sad, isn't it?

Ah well.... If there can be a negative character, there should be a positive character. 50-50.

sinverely I do

Quote by sasural

Quote by cteaI don't know about the flogging of black people, but about why there doesn't seem to be any positive black character in the series...well, a lot of anime don't have black characters. The only black characters I can think of right now are April from Darker than Black and Dutch from Black Lagoon. And it's not surprising, as Japan doesn't have a significant black population.

Ah well.... If there can be a negative character, there should be a positive character. 50-50.

Well, the two I'd given are portrayed positively.

Quote by ctea

Quote by sasural

Well, the two I'd given are portrayed positively.

I meant in Reborn!. I meant if they can have negative characters in Reborn, they should have positive too. Thats all

Quote by Megumi22humm...
N

yeah yeah yeah yeah11

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.