Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why is yaoi more popular than yuri? - Minitokyo

Why is yaoi more popular than yuri?

page 1 of 1 21 total items

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

ive come to realize that in many, say , ecchis or harems there is not really much of a yuri precense even though its dedicated to straight men most of the time.

while in series that are dedicated to women there is much yaoi,or most of them are just yaoi series , like kuroshituji.

what i wonder is why, are there more otaku girls than boys?
are there many homosexual male otakus?

please feel free to post away your personal opinions.

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

Kenji-boy

Kenji-boy

With a song in my heart~

Because there are more women than men in the world. XD

Signature

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

Quote by Kenji-boyBecause there are more women than men in the world. XD

wow very nice, i didnt knew that, so it is true you learn new thing everyday.

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

Is it because it's more acceptable for girls to be perverts or do pervy things than boys? Or maybe those things arn't considered perverted because a it's a girl who's doing it?

For example in Dance in the Vampire Bund where Yuki writes her own yaoi ero novel about the boy she had a crush on and it was "cute". Now if a guy wrote a yuri ero novel about the girl he had a crush on it would be anything but "cute"...

Common girls tell us why ^_^

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

you do realize that it's taboo for male on male to still be popular in japan. even in feudal japan it wasn't uncommon so that is probably why it is still present to this day, like how the miko (shrine maiden) is portrayed. things of tradition have always appeared in japan's culture and what they can't publicly show it's normally shown in other ways like their cartoons, comic books, movies, etc.

just to note ecchi and harem are geared towards a male audience but some females are into these things as well as, also got to remember male on male has more romance, what some people like, where as female on female tends to have more of a portrayal of a male's fantasy so in a way it could be geared towards anyone, as long as they are interested in the stuff and it sells then it's going to continue being created.

p.s. this above is just my opinion :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

well for example you see el cazador de la bruja, or saki, and you can see that they are yuri anime, yet it really doesnt go very far compared to yaoi series .

and as someone said, a girl doing perv stuff is cute but when a man does it its just beeing a sick person.

and i think comming here to show off your knowledge of japan culture is a bit unecesary. ( no offense )

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

just stating facts to help explain cartoons from japan, and it is just my opinion after all, and I don't know I have encountered some girls that take pervertedness just too far and reach the wrong stage and become too much and shavo watch the language please.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Because there are more female manga readers than male? Maybe because male are more interested in shonens, too.

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

hm? my language? i belive i wrote very clean, i guess i wont say anything that may sound offensive i guess?

and well personally as a man i dont really like shonen, i preffer shoujo and romantic comedis, not really int o shonen things like naruto or onepiece.

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

you used a cuss word that is now in place of the word "person" so it must have been edited and no I cannot do that.

and to be honest I don't really like yaoi myself, mostly because I'm not into romance, I am possibly one of the few females out there that aren't into romance stuff. yuri gets boring after awhile as does ecchi. I prefer action, although I am certain several yaoi and yuri, etc have ventured into that department as well, just don't think I remember coming across them is all.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

MANDy

MANDy

So...hot...

Yaoi is more popular than Yuri?
Come to think of it you're probably right....
I don't watch yaoi or yuri, I also don't watch ecchi and harem.
If I find that an anime that I watch is some kind of yaoi and etc. I'll remove them from my watchlist....
What Kenji-boy said is true, there are more women than men. For me it means the end of the world is near.

I do not fear death, but I do fear of losing sight on what I believe in.
hetalia-axis-powers

yeah I agree
manga readers are mostly female, so yaoi is very popular XDD

iv'e heard that yaoi is better yuri.

cuz there are more girls than boyz in this world, XD!

all most cut guy

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

Quote by eliekyokoall most cut guy

excuse me? would you mind rephrasing?

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

kittygrygrl

kittygrygrl

KuroxFai 4Eva!

I think its because if guys want an anime like tht, its more likely they'll watch hentai then yuri.

It takes talent to trip on flat surfaces.

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

well... thats kinda , no actually thats pretty smart, i think you are right, but lets not forget how hilarious yuri is, like take for example, zetsuna and konoka from negima, they are just hilarious. while theres rarely funny yaoi jokes, for example seto no hanayome. masa san would turn anyone into.. you know.

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

I don't think it is. Maybe it just looks like it because, I don't know, girls are more active in their fandoms than guys? They write the fic, do the fan art, all of it.

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

Quote by cteaI don't think it is. Maybe it just looks like it because, I don't know, girls are more active in their fandoms than guys? They write the fic, do the fan art, all of it.

you got a piont there, maybe it has to do with the fact that maybe theres not that much yaoi so the lil ther is gets extremily hyped?

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.