Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Suggestion: Chatbox - Minitokyo

Suggestion: Chatbox

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Anyway I know all the mods are srs-no-garbage mode so I'mma go ahead and continue on with what this is supposed to be. My brilliant amazing quality brain has come up with the idea to replace the Shoutbox with a Chatbox. I know right? It's like "WHAT A GREAT IDEA!" yo'
Not only do we gotta remove the rules of it being something to "shout" into, now we just talk into it. Saves us the Strepsils and w/e the biochemists make in that nuclear power plant. The main reason I wanted this change is because a number of users like to use the shoutbox for small talk and sending PMs is way too tedious. Imo, shoutboxes are one of those lame things on myspace that you leave 1 message into and never post in it again, you know how many people i banned from my webpage cause they bein' stupid on my shoutbox? lol

The RPers (Role players, who like to asterisk forms of action and communicate) would be allowed to do so freely without restriction and it would make a load more sense that people are Chatting in a Chatbox than chatting in a shoutbox y'know? We don't wanna look delusional that shouting is a fun way to chat with each other. It's like tellin Edward Scissorhands that Jimmy Daggerfingers cuts hair 10x better than he does plus you don't needa go around givin people warnings all the time for somethin' they like to do. (RIGHT CYANIDE?!ONE!?!?111?!1ELEVEN)
But nah it's not Cyanide's fault. The guy's more bad ass than Erny and Bert put together. Firefly is more awesome than Big bird and Fran triumphs over barney anyday.

Edit:I'd also like to add that such conversations offer chances for members to get to know each other in situations involving places other than PMs, on random forum threads and the much more popular Art part of the forum. What is the significance of such a meeting spot? Well, not everyone is an Artist, likes to speak their mind on the forums and/or PMs at all. But a common thing about these people is that they like to type a thing or two in the Chatbox, who knows? Maybe they will strike up a good conversation and stay with our local family. "Local" referring to those who are commonly online, chatting it up or maybe just plotting plain nasty things. (I.E myself..I know right?)
Anyway, such would decrease the number of hatred 'round here (it's all over the place, just not expressed) and also helps us to sooner be a family than a bunch of strangers who cross paths every now and then.

Edit 2:The consequences however, is the issues with spam by the 'illiterates', dubbing them accordingly. Hopefully no one gets insulted by that, or I'll see another hammer flying at me. Spam however, is already present in this forum. It's so subtle you hardly even see it, yet only few admit to actually doing it without sugar coating it. If the forum does indeed get a large "Local" group who's almost always online, then this spam issue could get out of line, then again the Shoutbox would fare no differently if put in that condition. It's yet another question of "Do the Mods agree?". I understand almost every suggestion I make, Mods get thrown into the thread when I don't even want them to have extra duties other than enjoying themselves like the suggestion says.
Nothing Gained Nothing Lost, something gained something lost. I suppose.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

superkabog

superkabog

VIP,Queen ~ Goddess

That's what We call......."Group Chat!"....IRC Lol...Darthy is not Contented of SB...

Signature
	Image ’̿’\̵͇̿̿\з==(•̪●)==ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

I am perfectly happy with everything here yo' I'm just makin suggestions because the forum looks too dead and is this good. IRC and any related chat programs is lame if we got one in the website already. No one will just give away their MSN, AIM or anything like that. People like their privacy and stuff. Why go about all the hassle when it can be right here, right?

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

superkabog

superkabog

VIP,Queen ~ Goddess

Right!.......... What?

Signature

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

In essence, Chatbox module -> No need for extra clicking to open up IRC, MSN, AIM.
I'mma steamroll you if you be farmin' credits in ma thread lol

[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

superkabog

superkabog

VIP,Queen ~ Goddess

Only...me and you Discussing this things (stuff)<---I mean o.o...Pls inform Everyone!..Everybody! helooooooooo?

Signature

Something like that would be better...Its not a too big change,and i guess MT is already so experienced and fast that they could just easily edit it...We just need more people who think the same ^^

Yunibarasu-no-Yousei

Yunibarasu-no-Yousei

.::The Third Eve::.

I completely agree with this *thumbs up*
just kidding :P

"Dreams do not vanish, so long as people do not abandon them."-Phantom F. Harlock. (Youth in my Arcadia)
"To die, To reproduce, to be reborn,....the endless cycle of Death and Resurrection..that is the true element..of God"- Galatea (Bubblegum crisis)
Head of the .::?????::. ~Akuma No Teikoku~ Family

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

But darth this is not what the real purpose of MT is...If you want Chat use Meebo or MSN or Yahoo.

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Quote by UberDogBut darth this is not what the real purpose of MT is...If you want Chat use Meebo or MSN or Yahoo.

Ah, but the thing is. People have made friends here through chatting that they have had never thought to meet. Some even enjoy these friends up until this day and come back regularly to MT to chat with these friends through the SB. The catch is that..whilst they seem to enjoy each other's time, it does not mean they would just give away their Meebo, MSN or Yahoo..Even AIM away just like that.

If looked at, the shoutbox is already functioning as a Chatbox and it has already helped people know the friends they do now, as well as the annoying people and those worth avoiding. Should the SB have had it's rules enforced strictly, being that such talk is not the real purpose of MT, half the people we know now would probably not exist. This is not always true but for the most part, it is.

Therefore, for the sake of the future visitors who browse art, post on the forums and what not, I see it does no harm that we fix a Chatbox for them to just sit back and relax, chat amongst themselves and just pass time, whatever suits their fancy. The shoutbox is turning into one anyway and it would have been a shame if it isn't as the way it is now.

[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

You have some valid points but most people have multiple Chat accounts...One for close trusted friends and contacts, and one for the kind of people you are talking about.

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

I'm well aware of that, I'm no different but it doesn't change the fact people still do not want to give away all this sort of information, or maybe people don't even have it to begin with. It's true that such an action can be taken, no grand plan is flawless after all. Respect the opinion. Anyone got anything else to add?

inb4spam

[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

first off, try to keep it on topic people, second off it has always been and will always be the shoutbox. like pup pointed out, if people wish to communicate in other ways they will. people have and always will role play in the shoutbox and other parts of the site, personally I don't have a problem with it, trolling and cruelty is something that I'm against. which is also against the rules. so follow the rules and you won't get into trouble. another valid point wall of light blue :P so, in conclusion, mt has always been like this, every since I joined long ago, if you don't like the shoutbox as it is, turn off chat on this link http://my.minitokyo.net/skin there will always be spam, if you see spam then be a good member and report it or ignore it.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

I'mma just add a 'I like everything the way it is..but" sentence at the bottom of my post, for precautionary measures. Alright, if Angel's first statement is true, then I'll just leave the thread open till it's closed. I'll visit regularly to comment though.

[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Sounds like a good plan to me. Who knows maybe some more good ideas will sprout up.

Quote by darthas

Ah, but the thing is. People have made friends here through chatting that they have had never thought to meet. Some even enjoy these friends up until this day and come back regularly to MT to chat with these friends through the SB. The catch is that..whilst they seem to enjoy each other's time, it does not mean they would just give away their Meebo, MSN or Yahoo..Even AIM away just like that..

I made friends by luring them into my clutches.... the poor things....

Anyway, I would agree with uberdog. Its better of elsewhere.... hence the countless amount of websites with some sort of chat-box.

Signature
You best be fearin' the ears baby.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

One big thing I want to point out is Minitokyo does have an IRC channel.

Personally speaking, I think this would not only get a great way to get the channel active once again, but also because it can be not only monitored, but it's also less strict about rules. Role-playing is perfectly fine and a wide variety of topics are acceptable. While this does require a client download, I think this would be a huge step forward. Not only would this clear up a lot of chaos in the shout box, but this also takes advantage of something that has been up for years.

Signature Image

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Once again CB has made complete sense out of the CHAOS at hand...Well played Old Chap.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

well pup why do you think he's one of the newest mods around. all the mods are doing well and doing great at picking staff and future staff I will see there will probably be no change, they do well and I bet sheq will happen by, look into things and take things into consideration. sadly the IRC channel, wasn't as monitored so that could have been why it was slightly cut back on, some people rather enjoy a moderated chat so they don't have to deal with bad people and I remember chat rooms and the reason why I don't go into them, they aren't monitored and people get real nasty in them. everything should be taken into moderation, gives them less places to feed and bloat themselves.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Bernouli

Retired Moderator

Bernouli

It's Never Lupus!

Chat box modules are lame and slow in my opinion. They also have stupid emoticons. If you want a REAL chat program you are going to get best results with mIRC.

Now everyone come on down to #minitokyo on rizon so we can get this party started right. \o/

Signature
sheq's neenja mod

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Alright so all in favor of IRC, which I forgot we had. Requesting thread close then.

[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.