Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Where Did I Pick That Up?! - Minitokyo

Where Did I Pick That Up?!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Damanex

Damanex

A Genius No Rule Can Contain!

Have you ever watched an anime that you loved so much or made such a big impact on you that you started to pick up the mannerisms of your favorite characters in that show?

I ask only because I recently bought the box set of Kenshin after purchasing and finishing the manga which blew me away. Well in the show, other than Kenshin's signature "Oro?", he sometimes ends his sentences with "That it does." This of course contrasts his normal referance to himself in the third person in the manga except when he lets the Batosai out. But he says "That it does" or something similar to it every time.

So on friday, my kid brother who is a senior in high school, passed his CNA test and got his certifications to do whatever medical jargon goes with that. My Mom, being very proud of her son *blah*, says to me "Your brother go a 91 on his CNA exam, he's turning into quite the young man." With a half sarcastic smile on my face I replied "He is quite the tallented boy, that he is." My Mom looked at me funny, shook her head, and went about her buisness. I didn't realize what I said until later in the day when I used it again Unconciously.

So what have you picked up as a bad habbit from an anime you enjoy?

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style, but a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows in our footsteps." -The Phantom Thief Kid
Signature

I was watchin Black Cat, an in almost every episode i watched for that week the main character Train drank a glass of milk, i hated milk so much before that but i never realised i started drinkin it until i finished the series X3 or when i was playin Prince of Persia, i picked up all the sarcastic jokes he made and i still use them every day hahaha X3 ^.^

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

It is easy to get influenced by anime. Like when I was reading/ watching Spice and Wolf I started eating apples or sometimes I ended sentences with "kana kana" after watching Higurashi. I drink milk when I've got something on my mind relating to cat girls i eat carrots (or usually put too many into a stirfry) when I have something on my mind relating to bunny girls and I eat honey when I have something on my mind relating to fox girls. (Yeah I don't get the honey one either). I even gave Amazon a try after reading about how much Nagi (from Hayate no Gotoku) uses it. Im actually watching Shana now and I kinda have want to try melon bread...

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I'm famous for picking up personalities in anime after watching them for set amounts of time, I took notice of this after one of those days when I was watching cowboy bebop again. I picked up ed's personality and had no trouble, whatsoever, being ed. I've also done this for wolf's rain (cheza personality), witch hunter robin (robin's personality), blood+ (saya's personality) and so forth. by personality I mean by my way of acting, I actually gotten it down to a fine art and to those anime friends that do know me, find it both cute and slightly disturbing :D

BuBbLeS!

Signature

I think it's so cute when people do ^.^ just makes you think Awwww <3 i wanna cuddle them, i have a mate who watches Naruto and even though he doesn't like Deidara he still ends all his sentences with 'Un' >.< it's just too cute <3 <3

I have been watching Naruto and one of the characters Shikamaru says the same thing every time hi has to do some work "what a drag" and i have found myself saying the same thing every time i have to do work that i don't like.

MANDy

MANDy

So...hot...

Well, I have never be like you do. Unconsciously act like an anime character. Maybe because I'm not one to be easily influenced or maybe because I'm too stiff.
One day I acted like Kikumaru Eiji from anime Tenipuri, and when I realized it I felt disgust on myself. "For God sake, you're not cute at all !", that's what I tell myself. After all Kikumaru doesn't suit me, he's too cute to be me :P
After that I always watch my every move so I have never acted like an anime character unconsciously ever again.
But I still imitating their way of talking....

I do not fear death, but I do fear of losing sight on what I believe in.
hetalia-axis-powers

I have noticed a certain family member shouting "urusai, urusai, urusai" (shut up, shut up, shut up!) after watching Shakugan no Shana.

I used my hair like Sango's from Inu-Yasha.
And I kept saying "kusooou!" Like he says in the show *-*

Alistare

Alistare

Stand Alone Complex

I've always smoked cigarettes and drank booze. But back when I first saw Cowboy Bebop so many years ago I started smoking and drinking more. Like everyone on that anime smoked and drank. I don't drink so much anymore though. XD

I've always said the phrase, "It's no problem" or just "No problem" and sometimes "No problem at all" for as long as I can remember. But after watching so many episodes of Full Metal Panic I found my self saying "It's not a problem" like Sousuke Sagara.

That's about it. XD

I like to disturb the harmony of the pond by throwing a handful of pebbles in all at once. ~ Me
There are so many fragile things, after all. People break so easily. So do dreams and hearts. ~ Neil GaimanSignature Image

i like "baka"! =)

the whole desu at end of words lol

Damanex

Damanex

A Genius No Rule Can Contain!

Quote by Hellboy19877the whole desu at end of words lol

I do that all the time, it's very funny too

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style, but a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows in our footsteps." -The Phantom Thief Kid
Signature

I pick up so many <3
"I'll bite you to death ." - Hibari Kyouya
Is one of them . :P

In my mind, all cats say "Nyaa" now. Not Meow.

'Baka' from Asuka and 'Believe it!' from Naruto. Lol.

Marked by the outsider.Signature Image

code geass and kuroshitsuji

i never liked eating with chop sticks but thanks to watching XXXholic now i enjoy eating almost everything with it .. especially sushi XD

I don't even know where to begin. My friends can tell what anime I've been watching by how I act and how I draw. But for actual mannerisms, I guess... I scratch the back of my head when I'm embarrassed and I touch my left index finger to my lips when I'm thinking. And I make a little "Unnn~" sound while I'm at it.

Anime becomes a problem when I walk into my Japanese language class, because I suddenly start speaking in plain form and Kansai-ben in front of the teacher (which is a huge no-no, contrary to what you see in anime O_o) and then I freak out and then she freaks out and everything becomes hilariously out of hand.

you start to pick up some of those habits that the characters have... T-T

i picked up several mannerisms after i finish watching an anime, not to mention a character's way of thinking. currently i'm watching fruits basket and i picked up on tohru's "i don't want to be a bother" way of thinking.

HaganeKen

Saber Suki...

watch enough of anime with the same type of personality the characters have your personality starts to change. Don't you love influences xD

I keep pushing up on my glasses. Like Uryuu Ishida from Bleach and any character with glasses. I didnt notice it until I was watching any episode when they did that then I did right after. LOL

veeh4anime

veeh4anime

? KIRABOSHI

I do the 'KIRABOSHI' from Star Driver. I keep doing that hand sign thing to my friends haha!

OYAKATA-SAMAAAAAAAAA!
Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.