Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Removal Of "Quality" Wallpaper due to Joint Agreement? - Minitokyo

Removal Of "Quality" Wallpaper due to Joint Agreement?

Tagged under Vocaloid

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Sakura-K

Sakura-K

::+Wingless Heart+::

Quote: Sakura-K,

Due to a joint agreement between the staff of Pixiv and Minitokyo, all non-published scans originating from Pixiv are to be removed from the Minitokyo gallery. This also includes wallpapers that feature Pixiv artwork.
As such your submission [I'm fading...] has been removed.
Deletion Complaints forum.

Okay, I want to clarify a few points here.
Yes, I did spend a minimum of 5hours on this wallpaper, especially this is the first one I made since nearly 3years ago or more, as you can probably see from the rest of my artworks.
I understand there has been a few changes around MT since 2005, BUT, seriously? This much?

I don't read Japanese, so I have never actually heard of this "Pixiy" before. Fare Enough, it exist.
But, I believe I have some rights in this as well.

It took me a while, but I finally found the source of "where" I found the scan from, and for sure, it is not a Japanese site that I cannot understand. here is the link:

http://konachan.com/post/show/78123/hatsune_miku-miku_append-twintails-vocaloid

I had to go contact my photographer, go through all this trouble to find the evidence for this unfair deletion. Yes, I did modeling for a large cosplay photo shot, which I required to send a few links to my photographer for this event.
Therefore, shouldn't I be allowed to use a scan from another source? IF not, then why are the scans on that site up still?
Not only that, but I did spend a LONG time fixing this up.

This is my wallpaper:
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/8126/bg3b.jpg

IF this is the way I get treated, without even knowing such agreement exist, OR is able to read Japanese, then does that mean, for EVERY other wallpaper I submit, I need to make a new thread, asking if such scan is in fact included in some "joint agreement" that I don't know of.

This is the internet, how do "I" know, where the origination of the images come from? I wouldn't be surprised if I found the same image somewhere else. Like I have for countless wallpapers off MT that's placed on other sites with or without the copyright on the bottom.

I'll defend my right as a person, that does not understand Japanese, to state the fact that I did NOT utilize a scan from that site, but in fact from the site I gave. I am able to prove that "pixiv" did NOT submit the scan first, in fact konachan did, as shown when you hover over the link (as shown above or below):

Konachan:
http://konachan.com/post/show/78123/hatsune_miku-miku_append-twintails-vocaloid
(uploaded on the: 2010-06-23)

Pixiv:
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=11468820
2010?06?24?

So then, it is possible as a human to predict that image came first on what site. It is possible to "assume" that someone from Pixiv, "may" have found a picture from KONACHAN.

Therefore I believe, I have the right to allow further investigation (if necessary) or simply allow my wallpaper to be displayed.
Yes, I also know I should refrain from posting saying you disagree/agree with the deleted piece. This section exists to establish a dialogue between the affected member and the moderator who deleted it or elite member who flagged it.
But, I don't see why it was deleted.

Sakura

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Pixiv is the Japanese equivalent of Devianart. All of the "scans" that you saw there are actually artwork drawn by the members. In Pixiv's Terms of Service, they explicitly state NOT to redistribute their images. We were contacted by the Staff at Pixiv and asked to remove all Pixiv content from Minitokyo.

News Thread: HERE

Signature Image

Sakura-K

Sakura-K

if that was actually an artwork drawn by the members of that site, why did it appear first on konachan and not pixiv itself first?
And yes, i acknowledge the fact that even scans are drawn at some point.

merged: 10-19-2010 ~ 02:30pm
I've emailed the person who uploaded the one off konachan, to see whether this image was in fact taken from pixiv.com or whatever that site is.

I've also made a translation request via one of my university friends to translate both my inquiry, AND a request for permission. Is there anything else you would like me to do, to prove that this scan was NOT taken from pixiv?

Furthermore, I doubt its an drawn artwork, if it was uploaded on konachan first. I mean, I have seen several pictures from pixiv (since I got the link now - although i did find it later onwards on either the FAQ or ToS) that does not show "drawn" submissions. But in the mean time, if no one wants to reply to this thats fine, I'll get the evidence to show either it's not drawn by someone in pixiv - just uploaded. OR I'll get the person who uploaded the picture, drawn or not, to allow me to use it.

Signature

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

First of all, take a deep breath please, I feel you're making a huge thing out of something small.

I believe it's you responsibility to learn of the changes that MT had during your absence. Claiming you didn't know about a new rule it's not an excuse.
Secondly, I found the image at eshuushuu, http://e-shuushuu.net/image/294235/ and you can see that the artist name is there. Eshuushuu is pretty reliable since they list the original artists.

Regarding to the date of submission I think you're missing an extremely important thing: Timezones. Assuming that konachan and eshuushuu are located on the western part of the Earth, it's absolutely normal that the dates are like that.
For example, the date here is 19/10/2010, the time is 14.57 and in Tokyo is 20/10/2010, and the time is 2.58 am there. So if I take something from pixiv and upload it here, of course you would think I did it first, when I didn't.

With drawn we also mean digitally drawn, at pixiv they like to use this program called SAI to paint and generally draw. So yes, that person did draw that illustration even when it doesn't look like it's an amateur drawing.

If you can get permission, we will restore your wall.

merged: 10-19-2010 ~ 08:40pm
oh by the way

Quote: Yes, I also know I should refrain from posting saying you disagree/agree with the deleted piece. This section exists to establish a dialogue between the affected member and the moderator who deleted it or elite member who flagged it.

I'd recommend you to read again the guidelines, because with that we mean that deletion complaints threads are only for the member who had their wallpaper/scan/indy art deleted AND the staff.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

Sakura-K

Sakura-K

Wow, this is crazy, how did you guys find so many places with the same picture?
Anyway, of course! Its my responsibility to check out the ToS and everything out again, as I can clearly see the difference already, I did check it out, but only after I submitted the wallpaper.
The other thing is, I don't know what those sites are, and I don't have so much time as to browse through each forbidden site, to see if the same image is posted.

Yes, I also know they used SAI and illustrator, I checked it out myself with the online Japanese translator.

However, on the email I received, it said that if I have any inquiries, I can submit it here.

--
As for the "Yes, I also know I should refrain from posting saying you disagree/agree with the deleted piece. This section exists to establish a dialogue between the affected member and the moderator who deleted it or elite member who flagged it."
Because I keep disagreeing with the deletion, it does make things not as easy to sort out because I'm getting annoyed at it. That's how it turns from a small thing to a big deal I guess.

Anyway, my friend is getting the translation done, so, once I get it. I'll take a screenshot and post it up here.

Sakura

Signature

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

The issue here isn't whether you've taken the image from pixiv originally or not; regardless of where you got the image from, your wallpaper was deleted because the image you've used is originally from pixiv by an artist from pixiv. Why does Konachan/e-shuushuu have that image? Because their policies are different, and we (the MT staff) have no control over how they run their site. The staff at pixiv has contacted us (see the thread that fireflywishes linked) asking us to remove content from their site, and we're going to abide their wishes.

I acknowledge that you got the image from konachan and that you didn't know the image was originally from pixiv, or that you don't have time to search through the sites to see where each image comes from, fine. But unless you can get explicit permission from the artist at pixiv to use it in your wallpaper, your wallpaper will stay deleted. End of story.

Sakura-K

Sakura-K

Yes..the issue is already taken care off. Once I get the translation as mentioned above, I will either email or screen shot the approval.

But yes, I acknowledge that the wallpaper will be deleted until i do so, as mentioned by Fran.

Signature

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.