Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Swordsmenship a noble art - Minitokyo

Swordsmenship a noble art

page 1 of 1 21 total items

HaouJudai6

HaouJudai6

Meiyo Hades

The sword is a symbol of a warrior spirit many types of blades & styles. I know Mugai-Ryu Iaido,Kendo,ShinKendo,Iaijutsu,Tommuryu Battojutsu,Kenjutsu,and Tennen Rishin Ry?. These among other styles let's hear your thought and if your a fellow swordsmen feel free to say your styles an perferred blades. My perferred blades are simple Tachi's,Wakizashi's,etc.

"Each our of lives individually small,
we're all part of the universe. If we understand this,feel it burn within us,life can shine. Anyone's"

-Pope Sage Saint Seiya Lost Canvas-

DarkGeneralUnizaki

DarkGeneralUnizaki

My gears are always turning

I prefer either one or two Katana's or Nojinto blades.

I am the legendary Cybernetic-pony.
I will protect and serve Queen Luna.
I am a brony and proud of it!

radith

radith

how art you today?

I like Sakabatou of Himura Kenshin.. it's good to protect anybody's life..

artistique is unique

Damanex

Damanex

A Genius No Rule Can Contain!

I prefer a rapier or cutlass, because I was a man of the sea, but as far as styles go, Hajime Saito from Rurouni Kenshin's Gotatsu-Ryu works very well with a saber like I use since these weapons are better for peircing where as Katanas are better for slashing opponents. Fight with honor and courage my fellow swordsman!

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style, but a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows in our footsteps." -The Phantom Thief Kid
Signature

DarkGeneralUnizaki

DarkGeneralUnizaki

Indeed. That's the swords-men's code.

HaouJudai6

HaouJudai6

Meiyo Hades

I'm glad to see the honor here and well I live by Bushido.Saito Hajime is a master of Shinsengum Kenjutsu

"Each our of lives individually small,
we're all part of the universe. If we understand this,feel it burn within us,life can shine. Anyone's"

-Pope Sage Saint Seiya Lost Canvas-

DarkGeneralUnizaki

DarkGeneralUnizaki

yes the art of bushido is a good art/ honor to live by.

Damanex

Damanex

A Genius No Rule Can Contain!

I agree that the code of Bushido is quite an interesting life choice but the ideal of always keeping death in mind, that isn't me. I know for a fact after stupid dares as a child and spending the last four years in the Navy that I am pretty much invincible, and as Master Hiko taught Kenshin, nothing is stronger then the will to live. So rather then always thinking about death, I would rather challenge life!

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style, but a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows in our footsteps." -The Phantom Thief Kid
Signature

DarkGeneralUnizaki

DarkGeneralUnizaki

Live life to fullest is my motto. ^-^

It's very noble indeed!

Katanas are epic!

DarkGeneralUnizaki

DarkGeneralUnizaki

That is why I like that type of sword(s). Epic yet tell a historical past of Japan's earlier years.

Santoryuu (rock) because I like Zoro [O.P.]

DarkGeneralUnizaki

DarkGeneralUnizaki

Yes. Zoro's Santoryuu is quite impressive when he uses it.

Quote by DarkGeneralUnizakiThat is why I like that type of sword(s). Epic yet tell a historical past of Japan's earlier years.

XD

Indeed. That's the swords-men's code.

blade: katana, i did experiment...slightly curved blades matched my style better
style: what works
philosophy: a sword is to be respected, one of the few weapons that has it's sole purpose is to kill other humans.

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

I was into fencing for a while and the foil was my weapon of choice.In my first tournament I came in 13th place....to my credit though my last fight was against the rank 1 guy and I put up a respectable fight ending with a score of 7 to 10 (I got the 7 obviously).
A funny rule is that suicide is a point for your opponent. By that I mean, attacking when your opponent is already attacking. Sure you might hit your opponent, but since you aren't parrying his attack your going to get hit too and probably die.

I've also been reading up on the history, which is pretty interesting as well.
interesting fact: In Europe some judicial decisons were decided by fencing matches in which two 'champions' would fight to determine the guilt or innocence of a person (the logic being god would let the innocent party's champion win). If your champion lost, you'd be executed...of course, the champion didn't get off scott free either. The losing champion would have an arm cut off. You can't throw the fight, haha....or at least, I wouldn't want to.

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

the foil is epic

I like Kendo an Iaijutsu

I love kendo :)

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.