Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Art Work Destroyed! - Minitokyo

Art Work Destroyed!

page 1 of 1 17 total items

jchupa

Artist of Many

Has anyone ever had their art destroyed by family or act of God? And was it something you valued or worked hard on? I had a 8 X 10 drawing that was thrown away by a family member 1 day before I was to sell it for $200 to a friend. It was totally messed up when I got it out of the trash.

If it is to be it is up to me.
Talent comes in many forms!

D4rkKnight

D4rkKnight

Sadness is who I am...

Sometimes. I keep my stuff inside a nice black binder and warnings on it so they don't touch my artwork. $200 bucks? What the hell were you selling?

Signature

jchupa

Artist of Many

Quote by D4rkKnightSometimes. I keep my stuff inside a nice black binder and warnings on it so they don't touch my artwork. $200 bucks? What the hell were you selling?

It was a pencil drawn Fantesy world picture colored with oil pastel. The detail was so fine and so much of it that it took me 2 weeks to draw. The buyer was in my biology class and had seen me working on it for severl days.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by jchupaHas anyone ever had their art destroyed by family or act of God? And was it something you valued or worked hard on? I had a 8 X 10 drawing that was thrown away by a family member 1 day before I was to sell it for $200 to a friend. It was totally messed up when I got it out of the trash.

O.O That is most awful....i can't express my sorrow for that experience....Something like that happened to me before.....My art book that I kept ALL of my work in was completely engulfed in flames thanks to my Pyro friend who decided to burn some things in my car and didn't take a second look at it.....Oh gosh I hate it.....But it was personal value...lets just say I freaked out and just went crazy for a few days after that event.

Signature Image

jchupa

Artist of Many

Quote by CyanideBlizzardO.O That is most awful....i can't express my sorrow for that experience....Something like that happened to me before.....My art book that I kept ALL of my work in was completely engulfed in flames thanks to my Pyro friend who decided to burn some things in my car and didn't take a second look at it.....Oh gosh I hate it.....But it was personal value...lets just say I freaked out and just went crazy for a few days after that event.

I know how that feels. When I first moved down here to Texas, I had no idea what the weather would be like. A flood soaked a large # of my portfolio. It's a good ting that most of my work stayed with family in Canada. I am starting a new portfolio, but I fear I've lost work from a time in my life that I was at my best.

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

I've never had anything like that happen, and I hope your family member who threw it away felt the wrath of god. I know that if any of my family members did something like that, you wont be able to recognise them when I'm done with them (I'm very serious and pasionate when it comes to my art). You should tell your family that if it looks like a picture of any sort, even if it's a scribble, give it to me.

The closest I've come to this was my sister deciding to do me a favour and colour in a picture I was doing for a friend. She has no artistic talent what-so-ever, and after that incident I came to belive that she's actually colour blind.

Man that's really a sad story :sweat: , because when art is lost it's lost for real. I didn't went trough such a terrible experience... I just remember in highschool I used to draw a lot in class, sometimes working on the same pic a whole week and this one time an evil teacher spotted me and crushed the drawing ( I liked a lot and which was actually for my girlfriend ) in front of the whole class :angry: . I was furious, left the class and got into a lot of trouble later. I knew I didn't have the right to draw but he just didn't had to destroy it XO .
Thought I redrew the picture later and it turned out better ^^.
btw, I would love to see some of your works XD

jchupa

Artist of Many

Quote by GaiJiNMan that's really a sad story :sweat: , because when art is lost it's lost for real. I didn't went trough such a terrible experience... I just remember in highschool I used to draw a lot in class, sometimes working on the same pic a whole week and this one time an evil teacher spotted me and crushed the drawing ( I liked a lot and which was actually for my girlfriend ) in front of the whole class :angry: . I was furious, left the class and got into a lot of trouble later. I knew I didn't have the right to draw but he just didn't had to destroy it XO .
Thought I redrew the picture later and it turned out better ^^.
btw, I would love to see some of your works XD

I'll post some work when I get my new scanner. Should be soon.

Some one out right destroying art is more of an insult than family ingnorance. I would have had words with that teacher.

i destroyed alot of my own artwork, but i think thats just cause im insane......

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

O.o Naw....I burned my book of Poetry awhile back because I felt I was getting too 'suicidal and murderous' or what not. Naw thats not insane, just a different point on things, what reason do you destroy them? Cause certain people do it out of spite cause they think what they made is crap, but others do it just cause of random reasons @_@. Anyways just curious.

Signature Image

haah i guess cause i wasnt happy with how anything looks that i evewr make.

Well, When I left school, I left all my art work behind. They were thrown away after awhile. Wish I took them with me :<

Bado2025

Cutter

Well... It´s a sad story. If you told me this a year ago, I could cry! Now, I´m praying to God to find a way to destroy all my works! I draw since 9 and averything that I did, I´d reather burn!
BTW, I posted one of my sketches once, but no one saw it, and I took it off...

All right!

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

I spent 7 hours drawing and shading something for a friend and my little brother spilled Pepsi all over it. :sweat:

jchupa

Artist of Many

Quote by zephiris26I spent 7 hours drawing and shading something for a friend and my little brother spilled Pepsi all over it. :sweat:

That turly sucks. I simpathize.

FlowerDog

FlowerDog

Loves Ya!

I have tons of stuff like that happened to me. :D If you have a careless family like mine then you would be deeply depressed if you love your works. I used to always try to keep my works in perfect conditions but when I turn around and look back, there's always food, foot prints, pen marks, and any thing that messes your works on it.

It's a good thing that I take less pride in my works. ^_^' Just like MdKharaa, I lost my works at school. I was sitting in class and almost forgot that I had my works with me. When I look under my desk (which is where I left it), it was gone. I was heart broken then because I was only 10 years of age. (The time I actually was excited and pround of drawing.) *Cires* I was so sweet but so stupid. XD

Recently, I am drawing a picture for a friend. My dad got the family worried that there was a fire in the apartment. So, I placed the drawing on the dinner table. (Which is a bad move.) Rushing to get out and he stop us and told us that there wasn't a fire..... XD I thought to myself, "Okay, I won't be homeless tonight." Came back to my drawing and there's a big wet spot on it!!! -_-'

I guess I'll end it here because the stories can go on and on. I too feel sorry for the artists that love their works and their works end up being destoryed. Though, you shouldn't let it get you down. Let it be your inspiration to keep on working hard. Well, you never know. You might make a better one. :)

Silenius

Silenius

S.T.A.R.S. Member

That sucks man, you should keep that kind of thigs away from everyone, even your family, because they even can betray you.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.