Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Background Suggestions - Minitokyo

Background Suggestions

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

I'm still in the process of vectoring the middle, which is why it looks really out of place xD... I wanted to make it like a gentle and soft scene. Basically a farewell handshake. I'm pretty horrible with ideas for the background, and it would feel pretty empty if I just left the background as it is... So any suggestions would be very helpful.

Critics on how color, the vector, and etc. would be helpful as well~ Thanks =D

The actual size is 1600x1200, I just resized it down, since it is still a work-in-progress.
Ayumu and Hiyono Wallaper

11-10-10 Revision
http://img196.imageshack.us/f/ayuhiyovectorwallsmall1.jpg/

11-10-10 Revision 2
http://img225.imageshack.us/f/ayuhiyo1280prev.jpg/

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

WOW The vectoring is nice and I really mean it - very nice indeed! it's so soft ^^

well I think a classroom scene would be nice -- add a bookshelf and blackboard.
You can also go for something scenic like a park.

but be sure to vector them too because you're work is nciely vectored and a vectored BG would definitely be nice instead of just using a stock BG

hope this helps

Signature Image

Quote by srsnWOW The vectoring is nice and I really mean it - very nice indeed! it's so soft ^^

well I think a classroom scene would be nice -- add a bookshelf and blackboard.
You can also go for something scenic like a park.

but be sure to vector them too because you're work is nciely vectored and a vectored BG would definitely be nice instead of just using a stock BG

hope this helps

Thanks for the ideas, here's an update. I decided to go with with a scenic.

Ayumu and Hiyono Wall Preview

Anymore critics? xD ... I know the background and petals are somewhat miserable looking >.>... since I was the one who drew them -.-'....

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

actually it's the opposite... the BG petals are good than the woods

hmmm based on the lighting it seems that they aren't appropriate for forest scene.... well it needs to have leaves especially those in the upper and lower boxes
kinda like this scene:

Cherryblossoms by srsn
Cherryblossoms by srsn --> those green bushes that i made

Sayonara by Yamibou-Eve
Sayonara by Yamibou-Eve --> notice how the head and the top of the trees look wherein part of the sky is seen. (Yamibou eve's work)

you can apply these at the upper and lower boxes.

btw the shading is too light... so you might wanna add darker shades to the shadows of the characters

Signature Image

Quote by srsnactually it's the opposite... the BG petals are good than the woods

hmmm based on the lighting it seems that they aren't appropriate for forest scene.... well it needs to have leaves especially those in the upper and lower boxes
kinda like this scene:

Cherryblossoms by srsn
Cherryblossoms by srsn --> those green bushes that i made

Sayonara by Yamibou-Eve
Sayonara by Yamibou-Eve --> notice how the head and the top of the trees look wherein part of the sky is seen. (Yamibou eve's work)

you can apply these at the upper and lower boxes.

btw the shading is too light... so you might wanna add darker shades to the shadows of the characters

So... should I completely remove the trees completely or do I edit them in a way where there are tree branches with petals on them?

As for the shading, do you mean adding more dark layers to overlap the shadows?

Thanks for the help again!

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

the middle box is already ok... the top 2 boxes,err... make them in a way that part of the sky is seen like there are tree tops

more darker layers to overlap the shadows... the skin's lineart is too light

Signature Image

Quote by srsnthe middle box is already ok... the top 2 boxes,err... make them in a way that part of the sky is seen like there are tree tops

more darker layers to overlap the shadows... the skin's lineart is too light

Would this be alright then? I added a darker layer to the skin tone, but I didn't want to add anymore, because it might get too saturated... I redid the trees on the top and the bottom like you suggested. O.o... Though I'm not sure if it turned out well. Since they were redone, the two trees in the middle sort of contradicts with the placement of the new trees... I removed it.

xD... Hope it looks decent.

http://img225.imageshack.us/f/ayuhiyo1280prev.jpg/

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

yehey! that's more correct ^^ the BG's already nice... but is it just me or I think the upper box's sky looks too bright compared to the one below so you might wanna try darkening the blue shade...

Well don't be afraid to experiment on using darker colors, I'm no expert at that too. Just try..
the lineart's shading is too light especially on the character's skin... if you're using phtoshop, just use burn tool to darken the lines a bit. The guy's contrast or dark shade is already ok but the girl at the top looked too light especially the hair... you just might wanna tweak on those parts and I think it would turn out nice already ^^

btw the sig is too big...you might wanna lessen the font size used
^^

Signature Image

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

The wallpaper is now a part of the gallery, congrats!

This thread can be closed since commenting can be done there.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.