Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Thoughts about English version Hatsune Miku - Minitokyo

Thoughts about English version Hatsune Miku

Tagged under Vocaloid

English Miku good idea?

Yes
2 votes
No
1 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

KamikazeKoga

KamikazeKoga

??????????

I don't know how many people heard about this, but on October 8 during a Vocaloid panel in NYAF, it was mentioned that if 39,390 people became fans of Miku on Facebook, an English version of Miku would be created. Sure enough, it hit that number yesterday and they are going to make an English voicebank. In fact, there are some rumors that they already started the process some time ago. I've seen people that are for and against the idea of an English version Miku, so I wanted to see what people here think about an English version of Miku.

I understand if people don't like the idea of this, but I think this is a great idea. All it is is Miku learning a new language (learning how to pronounce things better) and they'll be using the same voice anyway. I think that by creating an English voicebank for Miku, this will help advance speech processing and other fields even further because of the greater interest this will bring.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

to be honest I think it's a good idea. it would give the company/product of vocaloid the chance to open up to other languages instead of just in japanese. I can't wait to hear her voice, maybe they might open up the idea for other voices to come to the english language. maybe even have the original voices do the english voices for miku/other. but who knows, it could be a complete failure, some voices just don't do good from one language to another, and sometimes not good in their original, so until I hear it I'll wait to judge then if I like it or not.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

well That's a good upgrade for Miku, usually she is bad at pronouncing english. With such upgrade, Miku can sing more clearly.

What about they create a new vocaloid english Miku version appearance, the appearance is like Miku but something like a different hair and eye color or something(I did saw a figurine of snow Miku).

honesty, i think miku should only sing japanese

NO !
i hate that idea

It'd be interesting lol but if it is going to happen they better find a good singer with a voice similar to Miku's!

yes , i think miku should only sing japanese

KamikazeKoga

KamikazeKoga

??????????

I don't quite understand why some people are so against having an English version of Miku honestly. She'll be singing both Japanese and English. It'll be the same voice actress singing English; it wouldn't be Miku if it wasn't. And if you don't want it singing English, just don't have it sing English.

Having stuff like Miku and Watson (the Jeopardy playing machine created by IBM) exposed to a more general audience will help advance technology because it'll get people interested in it.

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

NO,
NOTHING, and im ean absolutly NOTHING DUBED IN ENGLISH IS GOOD.

not only they change the names of the titles, or dialoge, and its stupid how it sounds, nothing beats the original.

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

KamikazeKoga

KamikazeKoga

??????????

Quote by shavo002NO,
NOTHING, and im ean absolutly NOTHING DUBED IN ENGLISH IS GOOD.

not only they change the names of the titles, or dialoge, and its stupid how it sounds, nothing beats the original.

They way you're saying this, it seems like you're thinking that Vocaloid is an anime, but it isn't. It's a piece of software that allows you to synthesize singing. Miku is just one of many voices. Also, this is not dubbing. Dubbing implies that something is being translated, taking away the original voices and such. But this is not what is happening. I'm not quite sure people understand what is going on right now, so I'll say it again: Cryption Future Media, makers of Miku, the Kagamine twins, etc., are going to add an English voicebox to Miku. It's just Miku becoming more fluent in English (with the same exact voice) and making it more available (and more useful) for a broader market will not only make it more popular, but it will help advance technology even further since more people will be interested in it.

To be honest I'm not really for it :(

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.