Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Philosophical thoughts and quotes - Minitokyo

Philosophical thoughts and quotes

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 77 total items

superkabog

superkabog

VIP,Queen ~ Goddess

"I never really hated the one true god, but the god of the people I hated." - Marilyn Manson

i really want to explain it but i don't kno how to start?
lets just say that......True God is fair but man(people) has not.

Signature
	Image ’̿’\̵͇̿̿\з==(•̪●)==ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿

DSHikaru

DSHikaru

countdown!

Quote by superkabog"I never really hated the one true god, but the god of the people I hated." - Marilyn Manson

lets just say that......True God is fair but man has not.

i get what you mean. it means that Miss Marilyn never hated the one god that she believed in (did she? :/) but she hated the gods that people created; those man-created gods, etc etc..

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

Quote by DSHikaru

Quote by superkabog"I never really hated the one true god, but the god of the people I hated." - Marilyn Manson

lets just say that......True God is fair but man has not.

i get what you mean. it means that Miss Marilyn never hated the one god that she believed in (did she? :/) but she hated the gods that people created; those man-created gods, etc etc..

o3o
well, I dunno about that given the context of who said it.
Marilyn Manson is actually a dude (his stage name anyway) and well known as a Satanist. That title might be misleading (purposely so) since most don't believe in Satan (nor god, as you might well have conjectured).

I actually have a problem thinking of an explanation as well, lol, but I would say that perhaps he is trying to talk about the historical battles waged by different religious factions? Maybe, like, that it is purely circumstantial that we believe in our god and they in theirs, and were we on the other side, then their's is the true god and the others are something to be despised.

Not saying I agree with that, but.....yeah. :B

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

springheeljack

springheeljack

The Return

You may bury my body in a supermarket aisle
Bury my body in the fresh meat aisle
You may bury my body in a supermarket aisle
And I will rise again like an exocet missile Signature Image

DarkAlleyCat

DarkAlleyCat

Mew! =3 ~DAC~

lets just say that......True God is fair but man(people) has not.

Funny since I got into a minor discussion in my philosophy class about this topic. I'm not going into too much depth of it, but it's pretty much how imperfectionists(humans) believe they can criticize or obtain the "true" concept of perfection(God). However, something imperfect can never become perfect; therefore, we have no say on something we can never become, let alone fully understand.

~I don't believe in angels but I believe in people. That's enough reason for me to believe heaven exists. ~Signature Image

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Just because you can go to bed with her doesn't mean you should. -Darthas
Wise man say that true man no lifty the weighty but true man be true to man himself. -Darthas
To fool your enemies, first fool your friends. - ?
Cornered rats bite the cats. - ?
There are many kinds of people in the world, we have the nerds.. the dweebs.. the posers.. the racists.. the rich.. the poor.. and then there's Darthas.. -Merynoko

10quotes

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

superkabog

superkabog

VIP,Queen ~ Goddess

There are many kinds of people in the world, we have the nerds.. the dweebs.. the posers.. the racists.. the rich.. the poor.. and then there's Darthas.. -Merynoko

it means Everyone has its own +ORIGINALITY+

Signature
	Image ’̿’\̵͇̿̿\з==(•̪●)==ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿

if there's time to think deeply about something negative, get up on your legs and do something about it

I believe, therefore I am.

DarkAlleyCat

DarkAlleyCat

Mew! =3 ~DAC~

Quote by Sea15I believe, therefore I am.

Hehe DeCartes quote "I think; therefore I am". Same thing, but pretty much means, "if I can think, then I must exist".

Something I said in my philosophy class, "Humans are creatures beyond anything we know of this world: to think, feel(emotions) and understand. Despite it all, we're still imperfect, yet those imperfections lead us to seek something perfect: to know more, to question and to answer. We can create and destroy, but no matter how much we try we cannot gain the right to become superior to everything else.It's the very blessing and burden to be human, imperfects seeking what perfection is."

~I don't believe in angels but I believe in people. That's enough reason for me to believe heaven exists. ~Signature Image

"For life is the future, not the past"

merged: 02-02-2011 ~ 04:54am
The past is history, the future is a mystery, but today is a gift...that's why it is called the present :)

shunyoo

shunyoo

-aNOther BODY-

RAIN
Be still,sad heart,and cease repining;
Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
Thy fate is the common fate of all,
Into each life some rain must fall,
Some days must be dark and dreary. Longfellow

From all we are made of, to our thoughts that guide us we are all one,
It's been raining on my life so who's next when it's done?

Gather ye rose-buds while ye may,Old time is still aflying,And this same flower that smiles today,Tomorrow will be dying. Herrick

"There is nothing in this world that is truly "perfect". Though it may be a rather large cliché, it is still the truth. It is the ordinary people who look up to "perfection" as an ideal and seek after it. But in truth, what is this idea of "perfection" truly worth? Nothing. Not a single thing. I detest "perfection". To be "perfect" is to be unable to improve any further. There would be no scope for "creation", not a single gap in one's knowledge or one's ability. Do you see now? To true scientists like you and I, "Perfection" is tantamount to "despair". We aspire to reach greater levels of brilliance than ever before, but never, NEVER, to reach perfection. That is the paradox through which we scientists must struggle. Indeed, it is our duty to find pleasure in that struggle. In other words, the second you allowed yourself to spout a ridiculous word like "perfect", in truth, you had already been defeated. That is if you wish to be treated as a scientist."- Kurotsuchi Mayuri (12th Division Captain- Bleach)

"I can’t hide who I am. I can’t say things I don’t mean, say that I like things I hate, or hate things I like. And more than anything,I can’t lie to myself." - Key (member of SHINee)

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Friends are a good thing, even if they tread a different path."- Jushiro Ukitake (13th Division Captain- Bleach)

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life."- Kakashi Hatake (Naruto)

"Sometimes I wish I was just a cloud, floating along." - Shikamaru Nara (Naruto)

"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts ... their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"- Itachi Uchiha (Naruto)

"Wherever someone thinks of you, that's where home is."- Jiraiya (Naruto)

"When people get hurt, they learn to hate... when people hurt others, they become hated and racked with guilt. but knowing that pain allows people to be kind. Pain allows people to grow... and how you grow is up to you."-Jiraiya (Naruto)

"A smile can get you out of a tough situation, even if it is fake."- Sai (Naruto)

"That's why I decided to become a true friend to you. If something sad happened in your life, I would be there for you. If something happy happened in my life, I would share it with you. If you strayed from the path, I would admonish you. If you committed an error, I would forgive you. If you found yourself in a predicament, I would provide a foundation on which you could stand. All in order to make this man that had lost his love for the world be able to love the world once more." - Sajin Komamura (7th Division Captain- Bleach)

"Don’t use such strong words, it only makes you look weak."- Aizen Souske (5th Division Captain- Bleach)

"No matter how great the defense, a stronger offense will break through eventually."- Kuchiki Byakuya (6th Division Captain- Bleach)

"Whether I like him, whether I hate him, it's just all so troublesome. Love, companionship and friendship... it's nothing but trouble."- Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)

"It is the sky, that allows the cloud to move about freely."- Hibari Kyoya (Katekyo Hitman Reborn)

"It’s easier to crush a dream than realize one, forming a bond is infinitely more difficult than breaking one."- Ichimaru Gin (3rd Division Captain- Bleach)

"Admiration is the emotion furthest from comprehension."- Aizen Souske (5th Division Captain- Bleach)

"Yes, we have no destiny. Only those swallowed up by ignorance and fear who take false steps, shall plunge us into the muddy waters called “destiny.”- Tite Kubo

"We are all like fireworks. We climb, shine, and always go our separate ways and become further apart. But even if that time comes, let's not disappear like a firework, and let's continue to shine...Forever."- Toshiro Hitsugaya (10th Division Captain- Bleach)

"I think of you as a friend. I used to think "friend" was just another word... Nothing more, nothing less. But when I met you, I realized what was important was the word's meaning." – Gaara (Naruto)

"We must not shed tears. That is the defeat of the body by the heart. Because, for us, this thing called 'the heart' can become nothing less than proof that one's existence is superfluous."- Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)

"Every time you and I connect with each other, a little bit of heart is born between us. Heart isn't something inside you. But whenever you think, whenever you remember someone, that's when heart is born. If you were the only one alive in the whole world, heart wouldn't exist now, would it?"- Kaien Shiba (13th Division Vice Captain- Bleach)

These are just some of my personal favorites.

What makes you different can be your biggest strenght.

quantabiru

quantabiru

Asahina Hikaru desu~!

Don't regret what you've done but regret what you didn't do

~kitto dekiru~

Dealm

Dealm

Emperor Britannia

When you love someone sometimes you just have to let her/him go...

When you place others before yourself, you will always come out ahead.

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a
given time is a function of power and not truth.

^ can't say if it's only power... but yes it's true... and I hate it!

"If you really you will certainly get it"
But it's really too rare that anyone can 'really' want anything... well at least i don't.
By 'really' I mean the person must have a strong unwavering desire to get it, like Luffy I guess.

^ this one's similar with the 'Nothing is impossible' by Napoleon.
But one can say that if nothings impossible then you can even create or destroy energy? Obviously not...

Here's my view of that quote... he says 'nothing' is impossible...
So i guess he meant that 'nothingness' is impossible... like if you imagine a vacuum... well it still has 'space'
Big bang theory might say(i say might cuz i don't know what it says exactly) that there's nothingness 'outside'(though the term outside loses its meaning if it's not in space... but that's what is called nothing) the universe... i don't really trust the big bang theory <_<

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

"If you want to know the truth of who you are, walk until not a person knows your name" Patrick Rothfuss on The Wise Man's Fear

"BE DIFFERENT, BE YOURSELF
love yourself, kiss a stranger, touch the fire, look at the sunset, feel the wind, taste a tear, enjoy life..."

"Everyone's but a puppet of fate"
^ I've reached to this conclusion after some amount of thinking

So it's not one's fault if one's good and neither is it one's merit if one's good....
This conclusion might disprove the existence of heaven and hell! OMG! Am I an atheist?!

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

If ones' actions aren't executed with conviction how can one justify their deeds?

Destiny is the target for those that can not, or do not wish to compete.

Distortion

Distortion

Bwahahaha!

I'll add a personal motto.

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself." -Harvey Fierstein

Signature
Remember kids! Violence cures cancer!
"You're liquefied, betch!", Frylock.

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 77 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.