Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wallpaper Deletion -explaination needed please - Minitokyo

Wallpaper Deletion -explaination needed please

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Hi, I've received a deletion report over my recent Bleach wallpaper which I've contributed here (Minitokyo) : http://blackstorm.deviantart.com/art/WALLPAPER-Grimmjow-01-187612088

Quote: Nytestorm,

The wallpaper you have submitted ([url=http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/503325][/url]) was removed for one or more of the following reasons:

- It was too simplistic.
- The subject was too blurry or over-filtered.
- It used screenshots or unmodified stock photos.
- It was a low-effort wallpaper.
- It was an alternate version of an existing wallpaper. Please only upload one version of a wallpaper. If you wish to display alternate versions, you may post an offsite link.
- It did not feature an anime-style image.

Minitokyo only accepts wallpapers that meet certain standards of quality. For help with making wallpapers, refer to the Art & Design Lounge and/or Sandbox.

Sincerely,

Minitokyo Staff

This is an automated message and cannot be replied.

Additional information provided by the moderator:
Low scan quality, no composition

For some reason I find it hard to grasp, as my other wallpaper designs that I've created and contributed here are created similarly yet are accepted.

- Is it's because it's too simple? Not enough special effects/filters/modifications? I've seen a lot of overly simple wallpapers here like one character standing centered or at one side of the wallpaper, over a simple textured background with minor or way too much filtering.

- Over filtered? Hardly, in my opinion. Blurry? I got most of stock from this very site, high quality (with the exception of the one breaking the headphone), I did not alter them to look blurry.

- There's no screenshot used on it. As mention above these are from scans I got off this site, and they're slightly modified on the wallpaper.

- Low effort? While I can't honestly tell how long it took me as I don't necessarily timed whatever things I do, be it drawing or creating graphics, but I took some time and effort mulling over which 'stock' to use or which fits, then compose them, etc..It's not something I did in merely a minute.

- I browsed through all the Grimmjow wallpapers here and there are no wallpapers that are similar to my version.

- "It did not feature an anime-style image." That explanation does not compute.

- Low quality and not composed? As I've said above I got these scans high quality from this very website, I did not 'down-grade' it in any way, and it's clearly composed, so I do not understand this explanation. It feels a tad appalling.

The stocks I used for the wallpapers are these:-

Bleach A 2011 Calendar Nov Dec
Bleach#482781
Valentine's Day 2010
BLEACH B-Station 3rd Season Vol.2 cover album

Seeing that the report is vague and 'automated', I would like to know if this is some kind of mistake, but if otherwise I would appreciate a specific clear explanation as to why it's removed, along with suggestion / constructive critique, as I would like to know what's wrong so I may redo it to meet your standard.

Thank you.

~Storm

Bernouli

Retired Moderator

Bernouli

It's Never Lupus!

Your wallpaper doesn't have to apply to all the reasons stated. it's just giving you examples of what all could be wrong.

The main issue I see with your wall is the largest face shot of Grimmjow. It's grainy and blurry, and compared to the other image of to the left slightly, it looks bad, and low quality. Can you not see all the artifacts on his neck and his skin in general? Yeah, sure you might have used scans from here, but we kind of expect our wallpaper artists to somewhat clean them a bit as most are quite grainy like that one. As for effort, I don't know what all exactly you did with it, but it just looks to me like you cropped a bunch of Grimmjow face shots and pasted them onto a filtered stock background of some wood, which doesn't scream much effort to me personally. Not that you can't do that exactly, you just need to clean your images, and execute your ideas better in the future. I hope that clears things up a bit for you. : )

Signature
sheq's neenja mod

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I just want to make an additional note in that not all of our scans are HQ. While do have a rather large variety, there are those that do need to be cleaned and in some cases, vectoring could greatly help.

Also, to help you in the future, look at the two larger images of Grimmjow you have. You can obviously tell that the one in the background is a much sharper, higher quality image than the one in the foreground. I'm aim for more quality along the lines of the one in the background for the future.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.