Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Best Blog Site? - Minitokyo

Best Blog Site?

page 1 of 1 9 total items

A-413

A-413

NomNoms til I cant Nomz no morez

As the title says : o

What do you think is the best blogsite to use.
I've seen some really beautiful blogs on the net. And when I do, I scroll down or look all over the site's page and even examine the site address to see what "root" the site comes from.

Like where it was actually made. Like Livejournal, tumblr, wordpress, etc.

But on many of the really pretty sites, I can't find even a hint of what blog maker the site was originally made in.

I'm looking for something that's easy to manage, but lots of freedom in controls.
The potential to make sites like these.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/5481/blogthumbs1.th.jpg http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1455/blogthumbs2.th.jpg http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/820/blogthumbs3.th.jpg http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2716/blogthumbs4.th.jpg

Nowz, even though I'm hoping to find a site like this,
the truth is every blog has the potential to be great and awesome. They come in different styles and shapes. With different limitations. And different results. But they can each produce something awesome.

Sooo... my question is, what do you personally think is the best blog making site and why?
Please provide a link to the site as well for people who are passing by who might be interested. TY :3

For me, when it comes to handling pictures, Tumblr is the best site.
Link: http://www.tumblr.com/
It can handle and display high quality images of large sizes.
And it can even handle music and other media.
So if you're into art / photgraphy / music, Tumblr's not a bad way to go.
The Flaws?
Well when it comes to making layouts, Tumblr is too simple and has too many limitations.
You can't really mess with the site as much as you want to. Not unless you're into programming.
So it makes it difficult to produce as much as you would see on something like Wordpress or Livejournal.
But again, more than Wordpress and Livejournal, Tumblr handles high quality images the best.

So now tell me what you think is the best blog. Or the best blog for writing? The best blog for pictures?
There are many kinds of best so please state "what it's the best for" and "why you think it's the best".
And don't forget to link ^^

I use livejournal and nothing else so I can't really speak for the others. It's probably best for writing, overall (at least, I know tons of fanfic writers on LJ), but I use it for anything. And when it comes to making layouts, it's incredibly versatile

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

A-413

A-413

NomNoms til I cant Nomz no morez

uwah +A+ ) LJ sounds rlly cool when you put it that way <3
TY TOFU-CHAN <33333
*huggles*
and ima take a look at your page :3

wordpress is the best blogging system i think

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

when I do blog and it's not angelfire (where my webpage is hosted) I tend to use deadjournal, it's my favorite one, but unless you know someone there you can't join, it's like an elite blogging group, I was able to find it way back when, when it was new so I was able to join, but now you have to use a code in order to join. livejournal is a good one too. if you have a deviantart account this also has a journal spot, I think it's a good one personally. facebook, if you have that, has a good one (just have to create a file but I don't often see that done on facebook) myspace has a blog, but I've not been to myspace in months now. bravenet also has a journal. I often see blogspot around a lot but I have no clue what that one is. it could be a blog, don't really know. when I get with something I tend to stay with it until it dies/disappears. hope that this was of some help :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

kythe

kythe

the kumo series admin XD

I use all those you mentioned XD I noticed the pics are blogs that wordpress usually hosts. The thing with the themes those sites use is with the CSS configurations and usually you have to be pretty good with theme creation and coding to get those kinds of layouts for a blog site.

For writing and interface, I go for LJ, Wordpress and Blogger as they provide interfaces just like typing in a document and you can just click a particular button to add stuff like media and the rest.

For theming, Blogger and Wordpress par out since they can host customized CSS for a more advanced user. Problem with Blogger is that they now added their new theming option that has to follow their predetermined layout scheme. But you can remedy it by changing back to the old theme options when you change templates. Wordpress not only hosts customized CSS and themes but it also adds addons which is pretty useful if you want to make a site out of it and not just a blog. LJ can also host these kinds but its not like WP and Blogger since LJ needs to be coded separately.

For pictures, yes tumblr is for it... but its more for microblogging and reblogging in my opinion. Plus they have predetermined layout schemes which you really cant edit much unless the theme you chose will do it for you.

Hope that helps XD

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

I also use tumblr :) But I only really use it to find pretty pictures. It's also handy when I want to keep track of pictures without taking too much memory on my computer.

Most of the actual blogging I do is on livejournal. I've never really had to think about making a layout for myself, since there are so many communities that make them for you. I'm quite thankful for that.

I'm not too sure what other blogging site to recommend, sorry :(

Hmm, I use blogger. And that's the only one I've used. =] The others seem complicated. x_x
It is quite easy to use and yes, you have to revert to the old theme options, like kythe said. And you can change the codes of the template to what you want. From there, you can customize etc! I think that blogger's the best blog for writing. Hmm, why I said that is bc after you've typed it, others can comment on your posts! But I don't use that option, I use a cbox...

Corvyie

Corvyie

Uh-huh.

I use LiveJournal, Wordpress, Tumblr, and a whole lot of other variation of blogging sites.

Personally, LiveJournal is a great place to host a journal, as in its name, and find and connect on communities and stuff. It seems to me to be more sociable then either of the other two I've mentioned.

Wordpress I prefer to use for things that seem important. Drafts of essays or actual essays, stories and novel outlines for one.

Tumblr is my picture website, which I use also as a blogging site. It doubles whenever I want to paste up little notations or whatever, but I don't use it as I use livejournal.

My favorite, though? LiveJournal. Just 'cause.

Actions speak louder than words and words speak louder than thoughts.

[url=http://bleach-central.minitokyo.net]

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.