Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 That odd pop-up site when you start to browse MiniTokyo? - Minitokyo

That odd pop-up site when you start to browse MiniTokyo?

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Hey guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one that's noticed this, but what is up with that pop-up that appears every time you navigate to the webpage here?

This is a great site and I think that the pop-up just takes away from the classiness.... haha just my opinion though.

Anyhow I love the art here, keep up the good work and keep the awesome scans coming!

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Is it a weight-loss ad? 'Cause I've been getting that as well, but it's usually after I click on "Notifications" after getting onto MT.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

Well for me it's this "how to make money at home" ad and it always appears after I click on something for the first time after getting on MT.

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

Sorry I know this thread is 3 weeks old but
If you use firefox I reccomend an add on call NoScrit
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722/
By default it blocks all Javascript and Flash objects and the idea is you add the sites you visit regularly, minitokyo.net for example, to a whitelist so they work normally and then all other sites you are visiting for the first time or the ads on sites you usually visit will have their Javascript and Flash objects blocked unless you allow them.

The main purpose is security against all the nasty things scripts can do but the added bonus is pop ups like the one on Minitokyo will never bother you (because the Javascript that activates the popup does not belong to Minitokyo it is apart of the ad which is blocked by default see).
^_^V

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

well there is another one that catches those nasty things called adblock plus it's also a download/addon for firefox. that's the only browser that I use, ie and chrome take up too much memory when running and firefox is the only one that allows you to pause live downloads and resume and you're not faced with too many interfaces opened with chrome.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Well, I saw a pop-up when I started browsing for the first time (hello there!), but I usually close it as quickly as possible...

Yeah, I got a virus from one of those pop ups. Makes me paranoid about uploading here :(

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.