Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Revised Wally After Deletion - Minitokyo

Revised Wally After Deletion

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

I have recently been working on a wallpaper with Tessa but since it kept getting deleted I decided to start from scratch :D

Old

New

For the New one I used the same scan Here but for the BG I made a beach scene. I used probably 30 brushes (rounding) and some blending to make the sea and clouds meet smoothly, along with the waves and shoreline... But anyways, I think the borders might be messy, I dunno if the butterfly fits, and I didn't know how to make a lens flare (anybody tell me? ;D) so yeah, opinions would be greatly appreciated >.<

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

in small view this looked nice.
now for a full view comment:

The idea of going to a scenic BG is very nice.But I see some problems in here...
The clouds. There is this yellow tint in the clouds , the one which is near the middle, whereas the rest of the clouds doesn't have it. I don't know if you noticed it but there is this somewhat "cut off" part at the left and right side of the wall where the clouds and the waters meet.

The water. It looked too pixelated. I know you are aiming for something that glitters but to me it looked pixelated.

The sand. It's gradient is ok but I just find the dots too unnatural so you might wanna change that. There is this function like render noise in photoshop which might be helpful or if not use some textures. They are very useful.

You might wanna remove the border and the butterfly...

As for the character, it is in a very nice quality but then I find her too bright compared to the BG. Her colors doesn't blend well in the BG's color. Try making her more somewhat bluish or if not reddish if you're aiming for a sunset scene.

Signature Image

Thanks :D I'll try to make the water clearer, darken the character, remove border and butterfly, get rid of yellow tint, and try to fix the cut-off
+Merged+
revised with suggestions Here

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

Ok I've seen it already... when I say darken the character or blend it more, I meant lighter parts should be lighter and darker parts should be darker not darken the whole picture, I think you used levels in here. For it to be easier define your light source first.( I'm not expert at that too). Then imagine what would happen if you view something with that kind of light source. From there you can see which places should be darker and which places should be lighter at the character....

Signature Image

Alright thank you again :D Here's the wall with the lighting effect, I hope I did it right >.< thank you so much for helping out with our suggestions.

Here

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

the light source is confusing this time because there is this glittery thingy comming from the center of the water which implies that light is reflected at that point. but then you also have this bright light on Tessa on the right.

If you were to place your light source at the right side of Tessa, then you could remove the shiny thingy at the middle of the water and place it at the right instead with it's direction from right to left instead of top to bottom. then you could also lighten up Tessa's lower right part too. --> this is more preferable for a sunset themed -- note: sunset themed. coz yours kinda looked like midday to me

If you're gonna define your light source as the one at the middle of the sea, then you can make Tessa darker and make a backlit on Tessa.

Signature Image

Ah, sou ka sou ka. This lighting stuff sure is more complicated than I though @.@ Um, and no I wasn't planning on making this a sunset scene. I tried adding a lens flare too when I fixed the lighting in This One.

LuckyShadow

LuckyShadow

hypnotiq luck

I do like the second one much more! It's more simple so it lets you concentrate on the character and scenery rather than the big "rainbow thing" that went over her head.

It's not about when you arrive, but about the journey to your destination.Signature Image

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

ok... I think one thing you can do about her is that darken her and then add some backlit google backlit and you'll see... coz the light is comming from the back based on your wallpaper

Signature Image

OKAY! I think I FINALLY got it! :D

Beach Wallpaper

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

This is better just remove the yellowish tint at the clouds though the real problem now lies at the vector of the character on where the shadow falls...>.>

you could try submitting....>.>

Signature Image

Aw man ToT Dang it all to kingdom come T.T I'll try fixing the rest then submitting. Thanks again for tons of help, sorry if this forum keeps bugging you srsn XD I <3 you

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

no problem glad to have helped..

one tip I can give you is that make the light source comming from the right side so that it'll match the vector done in Tessa I think that would be much easier.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.