Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Which Internet Browser you use? - Minitokyo

Which Internet Browser you use?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 129 total items

DarkGSSJBeast

DarkGSSJBeast

Εις Tο Επανιδείν

I use Mozilla Firefox by 90% and sometimes Opera..
What about you? :D

*.*.* It only hurts when you start pretending it doesn't *.*.*
Signature Image

Mayuuki

Linguistics

Mayuuki

(ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧

I use Mozilla Firefox 100%! *_____*
I don't know why, but I really love my little orange wolf... ???

linguistics-teamtag-liciousvampire-knight

Dreadwave

Dreadwave

Hunter of snark bait.

I use Google Chrome.

I guess I have an advantage over most people. At least I know I'm not getting a happy ending.Signature Image

in this order...for reasons i'm not stating.
1. chrome
2. firefox
3. opera

Yunibarasu-no-Yousei

Yunibarasu-no-Yousei

.::The Third Eve::.

Safari! :D

"Dreams do not vanish, so long as people do not abandon them."-Phantom F. Harlock. (Youth in my Arcadia)
"To die, To reproduce, to be reborn,....the endless cycle of Death and Resurrection..that is the true element..of God"- Galatea (Bubblegum crisis)
Head of the .::?????::. ~Akuma No Teikoku~ Family

Emma93

Emma93

Double E O.o

i use Mozilla Firefox! :3

Member of the Band .::DarKLeaF::.

You'll alwaysRisewhen othersfall..
KUWAIT!Signature Image

I use Opera 95% of the time, Firefox the rest ^^ .

Anime is a life that we all want to live in. But we can't.

sasuke619

sasuke619

Sasuke forever

I use Mozilla Firefox

Signature

Chopa-Dono

Chopa-Dono

...B-T-T-P...

mozilla firefox =D

"You shoot me in a dream. You better wake up and apologize." ;)

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

Firefox.
Reason why is, It's open source meaning lots of people have looked at the source code and that first of all means there are no backdoors or other hidden bad things, something you can't guarantee with closed source browsers (though it is obviously very unlikely). This also means there are more people looking out for potential problems and bugs and these are identified and fixed quicker. Most of all, since everyone can see exactly how Firefox works it makes third party development alot easier and powerful. Infact Mozilla actively encourages 3rd party development and as a Computer Science student I have to love that. If you know Javascript and have an idea of how XML works it's very easy to make your own Firefox extension. Admittedly most personal Firefox extensions end up doing little things like removing the annoying "Send Image" option that is right under "Save Image As" which no one ever uses but there are so many things you can do.

I sometimes use IE if I wanna watch things break or look into the latest exploit. It is kind important to reiterate the "Don't use Internet Explorer, it isn't safe" line as much as possible. IE is inherently unsafe because it is designed to give Microsoft access to your registry and other places on your computer for easier updating of Windows. Then there is also the fact that Microsoft has pretty much given up on IE since no matter how hard they try, the security aware individuals will never give IE a second look and aslong as they keep shipping IE with Windows idiots will still use it. In short the people who use IE will probably always use IE and the people who don't use IE are never going to start so why bother working too hard on it? If you Google things like "why is Internet Explorer unsafe" or "Internet Explorer vulnerabilities" you will find alot of additional reading on the subject.

berdengtubig

berdengtubig

Feel the storm, it's coming.

I loved Opera especially its mouse gestures. It makes browsing easier. The only drawback that I could not accept is its compatibility with other sites. Now, I returned to Firefox but sometimes I use IE 9b.

i use mozilla 25% and google 75%
-_-

Google Chrome 90%, Mozilla Firefox 10%!

ndox900

ndox900

ndeso forever ^_^

i use mozilla firefox 99.9%

hmm... i'm sleepy Signature Image

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Firefox all the way baby!

Oh and check your open processes if you use Google Chrome...It opens two process when you execute it and one is used to collect data about your surfing for Google's Massive Database. Very Scary if you ask me. O.O

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

snyp

snyp

Operates faster than the matrix

Chromium for the win ! For those who don't know about Chromium, it's the lite version of google chrome without the spywares ^^
Faster than any browser ^^

Firefox all the way!... Have been using it for around 4 years and haven't looked back.

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

Thats an interesting point by UberDog. Personally I don't like Google as a company (last time I checked they had some sort of anti-loli stance), so I never really looked into Google Chrome out of principle. If you're wondering what people mean by Google Chrome = spyware then take a look at this webpage.

They're playing a little loose with the term spyware I think but then again maybe just cos it's Google and not some Russian cyber criminal sniffing your data that makes it ok? In short everything you type into Google Chrome is sent to a Google server, just like when you type into Google itself and that stuff is stored by Google. Apparently you can turn it off but I wouldn't believe that unless it was from a trusted person who's looked at the source code and not just a Google fanboy.

There are (some) good comments in that link above; notably

Quote by wislam

It doesn’t require any explanation (if you have, and actively use your brain) that Google is an advert company, most of Google’s profit comes directly from ads – it doesn’t require a genius to figure out how much data Google hold on you. Seriously, think just for a minute about the number of Google products and the data they hold.

Also use your brain to think about this – that Google stole Webkit code and developed yet another browser – what in the world was the point of that when they could have simply contributed to Firefox or Safari code?!

They haven’t created anything new or clever or innovative, it’s just the same stuff, but basically spyware from the world’s biggest advert corporation.

Anyway theres no real debate about what Google are doing with Google Chrome but the real question is how much do you trust Google and how much do you care. Google do use this information to tailor make their responses to your queries and make the whole Google experience "better". You have to be careful when you say "I don't care about what Google knows about me" or "it's all trivial anyway". Individual searches may be trivial but they all add up and Google ends up with a big profile on you. This site is a definite eye opener.

And if you read all that you'll realise that our Internet Service Provider sees >everything< we search no matter what browser we use. The only difference is ISPs tend to stick to rules and regulations a bit more than Google. Also if you use an encrypted connection (https website or a secure proxy for example) then your ISP won't be able to tell what you're looking at but if you use Google Chrome, Google will still know in most cases.

I suppose I should mention that just because Google gathers all this information on us doesn't necessarily make it evil and it infact enhances Google's service. It depends on how much you trust Google I guess.

Erm so yeah, sorry about the essay I just have a lot of thoughts when it comes to privacy and stuff.

firefox and chrome

LuckyShadow

LuckyShadow

hypnotiq luck

Internet Explorer 99.9% Mozilla Firefox 0.1% Default browser for the win!

It's not about when you arrive, but about the journey to your destination.Signature Image

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

UsagixKitsune that is exactly what I was talking about. Uber Scary and everyone should be very concerned.

Firefox FTW!

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

Meer55

Meer55

Red,Hot Fury

Quote by DarkGSSJBeastI use Mozilla Firefox by 90% and sometimes Opera..
What about you? :D

Wow, I like your avatar.
I used to Play Mortal Kombat when I was a little me *

Sub Zero was together with Kitana my favourite :-)
I have a wallp of that avatar , so cool.

Don't be misled..

Opera :)
>>>>

I love All Arts ... But My Favorit Is Design ... Really I LoOoOoVe It ^^

Mozilla Firefox

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 129 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.