Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Nyanko-Sensei Wallpaper - Minitokyo

Nyanko-Sensei Wallpaper

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

I always wanted to make a wall with naynko-sensei in it! :D But... I feel like it's too crowded, or that something is off :( Should I remove something to make it less crowded? Or is it not crowded enough and I should add something? Or add flowers to the grass or something?! ...And I was wondering if it'd be better to remove the little vein-pop on nyanko-sensei's forehead... I dunno, some feedback would just be nice :D if it's ok the way it is I'll probably just make different resolutions of it and make it bigger.

Nyanko-Sensei Wall
Characters I owe to dearowl1's wallpaper

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

Nice wallpaper... though I think its looks crowded because of the grass... In my opinion, the green-white color of the grass is a bit disturbing... quite odd and with the brushes you had in the BG I suggest replacing the grass with something else... it looks cartoony and I think you might have to stick with that idea... take out the blur roses and the realistic butterflies and you'll get what I mean

:)

Alright, so I redid it completely:

Here

Hope this one looks better :) tried to stick with the cartoon effect and not crowd things too much. I used two brushes that weren't my own, one for the sun rays and one for the small tree. The other tree (bigger one with tiled texture) I made myself... It looks simplistic though, and I'm worried it will be deleted for being too simple... I do like it the way it is of course and thought the simplistic theme was kinda cool. I tried to make up for it though by adding the lighting effects and making the shadows from the trees look good >.< But any advice would be greatly appreciated.

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

That's what I'm talking about! :)) *and you made a bigger one*

Now this is much better!... and don't be afraid with the idea of simple things get deleted on MT... not all simplistic walls are like this... I like the tiled texture of the tree because it gives a little detail without going far from being cartoony... and its good that you made some shading since it gives the wall a little bit of life (the shading actually goes well with the colors of the cats!)... I guess you can add a texture to the other tree to complement to the tiled one if you're still not satisfied and if this still looks too simple for you... just make sure you don't overdo it... I like the way it is really... I suggest you change the shadow effect on the other tree (that looks like a circle) so that its the same with the tiled tree... its quite odd and its going to be compared with the tiled one (which is easily caught by the eyes)... give it a leafy effect like you did with the tiled one so its still a bit realistic but remains cartoony

---
A simple wall (that sometimes looks effortless) will not get deleted if it has a proper description. so maybe you can include this story... you can provide a link to the first revision and to this one (if you're planning to make changes) so that its even more anticipated... its good to make a review of how you conceptualized this wallpaper and your revisions give a good change... just don't forget to give credits and put your signature... and everything's going to be fine!

Yay~ Thank you for your help :D Will add signature, fix shadow, and add a texture to the smaller tree and see how it goes :) Thanks again.

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

Good luck then! :)

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.