Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 "This File Already Exists" Note - Minitokyo

"This File Already Exists" Note

Tagged under Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Mileyangel321

Mileyangel321

Anime Freak

Sometimes when I try to upload a scan that I'm POSITIVE is not already in the gallery, I get a notice that states the file already exists. Even when I use a general title for the picture's name or double check the gallery, the same message always comes up for certain pictures I'm trying to upload. Can somebody help me figure out what the problem is...?

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

This message occurs when the gallery system detects the image is the same as an image already in the gallery. It has nothing to do with the title, description or tags you give the image - the system looks at the image file itself (I think it converts it to a hash) and compares it with the gallery database.
It's possible it may be comparing your image with one already deleted? If so, could you upload a small version of the image to a free image host (like imageshack or the like) and post, so another person can double-check?

Mileyangel321

Mileyangel321

Anime Freak

Thanks for replying! Anyway, here's the file:

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae41/Mileyangel321/?action=view&current=sailor_v_4-2.jpg

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

I found
Sailor V

in the gallery which includes that Sailor V shot and a second image. I think that's what triggered the message.

Mileyangel321

Mileyangel321

Anime Freak

Ah, I see. Is it possible to somehow upload it anyway or should I just give up?

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Gallery policy basically states that if your image is the same as an existing image, your version must be of higher quality (usually larger resolution or sharper in detail) in order to submit. Otherwise your image will be deleted as a duplicate.

Mileyangel321

Mileyangel321

Anime Freak

Because my image is good quality and offers a larger resolution of one of the two items in that picture, can I somehow submit it without getting the message?

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Can you provide the resolution of your scan?
Maybe we could get a scan mod to check the file so if it's bigger (& better) you could upload it somehow.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

Mileyangel321

Mileyangel321

Anime Freak

Well, I actually already uploaded and posted the link to my scan a few posts back. If a mod could check it, that would be great.

Fran

Fran

I'm aware of that, but I meant the pixels.
Photobucket has a nasty habit of resizing images. It says that your image is 221x240 pixels.

Mileyangel321

Mileyangel321

Anime Freak

Oh, really? Hmm... that's annoying! Anyway, the dimensions of the real picture are 1211?

Fenafir

Retired Moderator, Scanner

Fenafir

Mileyangel321,
Did you already upload the scan and report it? Which scan were you referring to?

Fran

Fran

@Fen: scan in question is the right part of this one:
Sailor V

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

I'm experiencing this same problem. Having checked all the tags connected to Naoto Fuyumini, Dogs: Bullets & Carnage & my own Scans I noticed that this scan was missing, which is strange because I remember discussing it Sheqel years ago and having his ok to post it (although the figure is naked, it was decided that it was artistic more than erotic). However, when I went to re-upload it MT repeatedly insisted that it already exists.

This is the image in question:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c198/saikusa/11Enomoto.jpg

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Saikusa: It seems it was previously uploaded by you here: Dogs
	~ Beautiful Naoto by Saikusa
Dogs ~ Beautiful Naoto by Saikusa in 2006 and deleted for being mature.

Signature Image

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

That's really odd. There are far more mature ecchi submissions. Since I had originally permission to upload it, may I have it restored? Or completely removed so I can re-upload it?

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

The "already exists" note should actually be a link pointing to the duplicate submission.

@saikusa: since marissa left (the one who deleted your scan) the policy shifted somewhat.

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

@sheqel: Yeah, it seems that more risque entries are allowed. Which is why I'm even more surprised that I can't upload something that is more artistic than sexual. I don't mind using the ecchi tag if I have to, but I'd like to include the image in the gallery.

MadoshiKurefu

Retired Moderator, Scanner

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

I have the experience that you can't upload the same scan if it's in the gallery or in the deleted section. But I've restored it and tagged it witch ecchi as primary. :)

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

Mileyangel321

Mileyangel321

Anime Freak

Will the same work for my scan...?

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

@MadoshiKurefu: Thank you very much for your help.

Mileyangel321

Mileyangel321

Anime Freak

Where could I upload it? The servers don't let me upload them on the main site, even if I'm positive the scan I'm trying to upload is better quality...

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Better yet click on the link i described above.

Mileyangel321

Mileyangel321

Anime Freak

@MadoshiKurefu- Annoying n00b question- how do I change the size?

@Sheqel- The problem is it doesn't give me a link...

P.S.- thank you everyone for your time and patience so far!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.