Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Tsundere, Yandere, Kuudere - Minitokyo

Tsundere, Yandere, Kuudere

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 49 total items

Three moe romance herione types.
The "dere" means "lovestruck". Prefixed with each of "tsun", "yan" and "kuu", they indicate a character's displayed and hidden personalities.

Tsundere:
Can be aloof or argumentative (tsun tsun) at first, warms up to the love interest later on. Rie Kugimiya is the voice of tsundere. Examples include Aisaka Taiga from Toradora.
Has appeal due to the general childishness, the cute denials of love, plus the sense of progress and accomplishment once they start to go "dere". Also good for comedy.

Yandere:
From "yanderu", sickness. The usual displayed trait is "dere", but over time, the character can develop possessive tendencies and other love-related mental illnesses, usually resulting in the death of the competitor. Examples include Gasai Yuno from Mirai Nikki.
Has appeal due to the absolute dedication and willingness to go to extraordinary lengths for love. The fact that "dere" is present from the start is good for the impatient, and yandere behaviour increases the dramatic content of any story.

Kuudere:
"Kuu" is, essentially, "cool". An emotionless character, often socially isolated, eventually opens up to the love interest. Extreme example of introversion, requires patience just like a tsundere, but more suited to those who find loud characters annoying. Examples include Tachibana Kanade from Angel Beats.
Has appeal due to the general childishness, the cute cluelessness about love, and again the sense of progress and accomplishment.

I appreciate all three character types myself, but amongst those I know, I am associated with my yandere fandom.

How about you? What do you think of these -dere types?

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

Wow I think these are very accurate descriptions. Did you write them yourself? =o

I'm all for tsundere myself. Maybe I'm a masochist ^.^;
I'm generally quiet calm and patient so I wouldn't mind a girl who is constantly angry and *tsun* aslong as she goes *dere* every now and then ^_^

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I know I'm Tsundere I can't help it I'm the type of person that pushes people away often resulting in harmful actions. not really comedy involved in the real world when a real Tsundere comes into the picture. I've seen this before and in countless other places, anime, sites but thanks for pulling them all into one neat package. here's where I encountered some of this before http://forum.minitokyo.net/t68531

BuBbLeS!

Signature

i think i maybe both tsundere and yandere because of being quite harsh.

Quote by UsagixKitsuneWow I think these are very accurate descriptions. Did you write them yourself? =o

I'm all for tsundere myself. Maybe I'm a masochist ^.^;
I'm generally quiet calm and patient so I wouldn't mind a girl who is constantly angry and *tsun* aslong as she goes *dere* every now and then ^_^

Ehehe, I did. ^^
Tsundere characters in anime are pretty much irritable children, treating them with patience and occasionally teaching them a lesson works best. Then, the "dere" moments are a reward.

Quote by angelxxuanI know I'm Tsundere I can't help it I'm the type of person that pushes people away often resulting in harmful actions. not really comedy involved in the real world when a real Tsundere comes into the picture.

There are many things in anime that don't translate properly to the real world. L from Death Note, for example, has many fans due to his quirkiness and such. IRL, everyone would probably avoid him. In anime, you can get comedy from a girl throwing dictionaries around when she's annoyed - something that could be a crime in reality.

Quote by Elsee1102 i think i maybe both tsundere and yandere because of being quite harsh.

The violent behaviour of these two types can be seen as similar. It's the objectives that are different. The following puts it pretty well:

Quote by http://y2blog.tumblr.com/post/931971414:“Yandere = violence + love” - Kat.
But so is tsundere! So what is the essential difference? I think it’s this:
Yandere has the intent to express love.
Tsundere has the intent to conceal it.

If you look at it this way, does that mean kuudere is in contrast to both of them? Both tsundere and yandere involve strong displays of emotion and extreme activity, after all. Kuudere characters display emotionlessness and passiveness until you "melt" them.

ArcSaber

ArcSaber

-Kage Tora-

TSUNDERE,, always make the story unique

The word 'Impossible' is not in my dictionary

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

I think Yan is more connected to mental illness than "violance".
In my mind the difference between tsundere and yandere has always been that tsundere is only a little violent and yandere goes way too far, School Days style. I guess thats not always the case though.

That's an interesting point. I never thought about it that way before.
If you haven't seen Baka to Test to Shokanju I recommend it because it is has a light hearted school harem setting with both a tsundere girl and a yandere girl. It's interesting how the two compare. (They're not both after the same guy fortunately).

i think i like all the deres as long as the characters are well sutied fot the roles

Quote by ArcSaberTSUNDERE,, always make the story unique

While not everyone will agree, I think this is true. Within a character type, there are always variations of motivation, execution that make each character unique.

For example, Tohsaka Rin from Fate/Stay Night deliberately distances herself from her love interest due to her duty to fight against him, and always maintains an air of superiority because of her family background. She is more mature less inclined to use a violent approach than an average tsundere.
On the other hand, Mio from Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai is simply in denial after losing her social status. Wishing to assert her superiority, she rejects association with "commoners" or, if they try to get close, make them her servant. Her childish side shows through on occasion, though, as she is having fun with the protagonist (while chasing him up a lamp post and attacking him with a whip, albeit somewhat playfully).

While they have similarities, they're certainly different characters altogether. Mio is more "typical", given her role as a caricature and deconstruction of tsundere stereotypes, while Rin is more varied from the norm.

Quote by UsagixKitsuneI think Yan is more connected to mental illness than "violance".
In my mind the difference between tsundere and yandere has always been that tsundere is only a little violent and yandere goes way too far, School Days style. I guess thats not always the case though.

That's an interesting point. I never thought about it that way before.
If you haven't seen Baka to Test to Shokanju I recommend it because it is has a light hearted school harem setting with both a tsundere girl and a yandere girl. It's interesting how the two compare. (They're not both after the same guy fortunately).

That reminds me, need to look into BakaTest sometime soon.
Yandere isn't fundamentally violent, just crazy, so you can have an ending which isn't Nice Boat - like Fuyou Kaede from Shuffle. The most well-known examples of yandere include a heavy dose of violence, though. Forget School Days; look what the Sonozaki girl in Higurashi did. She sure stacked up a pretty high body count in a short time, all in the name of revenge for her lost love.
There are some pretty dangerous tsundere characters, most of them not to the extent of nailing you down (literally) and using you as a sheath for every sharp object in the house. Wait, there aren't any yandere characters who have done that yet. Someone go and make one? (jk)
Anyway, a tsundere may hospitalise you, but you probably won't die. At least, not by intention.

ArcSaber

ArcSaber

-Kage Tora-

well, yeah,, I think u have a right point

I think about Love Hina when I answer 'TSUNDERE,, always make the story unique'

The word 'Impossible' is not in my dictionary

I like them myself....even yandere, though i always find them creepy at first they end up gaining my sympathy....

tsundere u//u
kuudere is adorable too

Tsundere! i love them!

England and doujin versions of Gokudera made me completely hypnotised by tsundere now (:

This is the first time I've heard about Kuudere and I must say I'm very submitted to the description. X3

Tsundere FTW!

Waha~
It appears that tsundere still has the highest popularity, and with good reason. Yandere is probably going to remain a fringe fandom for quite obvious reasons, although I'm expecting the popularity of kuudere characters to continue increasing.

quantabiru

quantabiru

Asahina Hikaru desu~!

from those descriptions 'bout ~dere, then I think I am a tsundere type :P
is Suzumiya Haruhi included to tsundere type too?

~kitto dekiru~

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

Quote by quantabiruis Suzumiya Haruhi included to tsundere type too?

I'd say so, yeah ^_^V

Tsundere suck!

I don't like Tsundere
I Like Kuudere so much ( Yami chan :) )

AjiajinYatSU

AjiajinYatSU

may darkness befall on you ^^

i say tsu and kuu ^^ if they are both hot girls.... just sayin'

--
let darkness befall on you as it did on me

darkness is my friend... how would you like to be my friend too??

Tsundere!

I like Yandere very much. Although some are quite disturbed my them, I find them strangely comforting to watch. The Kuudere comes in a close second.
That being said, I have an antipathy towards the character of Tsundere. Whenever I see a character that is recognizably a Tsundere, I automatically hate the character (for some reason, this just happens to the female characters). It would take an extreme twist of plot to make me reinstate my loathing.

I'd have to go with Kuudere out of the three options.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 49 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.