Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Indy Art: Have I still got it? - Minitokyo

Indy Art: Have I still got it?

page 1 of 1 7 total items

AishiteruTomodachi

AishiteruTomodachi

Kami no Omocha

This is something I came up with when messing around on Photoshop after I dug out my brother's (very annoying to use) tablet.
It's been way too long since I've drawn "manga"...I've never really thought of my "manga" drawings to be manga at all actually...but I'm sure some people can tell me ^^ also don't hesitate to tell me where I could improve!

Abandonment

If you want to make someone feel wonderful, smile and say 'Thank you' for the smallest reason.

Human anatomy.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

I'll elaborate a bit on Psychotime's comment here. ^_~

I think for a work in progress it looks pretty good so far. I would work on smoothing the shading/lines to make them more fluid. Specific to this piece, I would work on her arms a bit... and I'm sure that she'll end up with clothing at some point? ^_~

If you wanting to improve on your manga drawing skills I would recommend checking out the "Drawing Tips" thread in the art section of the Forum, which, in addition to providing tips, also includes a link to this page: http://doujinshi-mt.wikispaces.com/Tips+for+Doujinshi+Artists+-+workpage

Signature Image

AishiteruTomodachi

AishiteruTomodachi

Kami no Omocha

lawlz ^____^ I'm quite odd when it comes to drawing manga, I seem to mix realism with it, like the shading I did makes my drawings look more real life...which isn't what I actually want in my manga drawings but I end up doing it anyway XD
I'm not one for drawing clothes...I have no interest in style or fashion so the clothes I do are usually boring/simple; shirts and jeans ._.

Anyway, thanks for the tips :D I'll check out the link~

If you want to make someone feel wonderful, smile and say 'Thank you' for the smallest reason.

I'll toss this in for good measure.

http://news.deviantart.com/article/64044/

On the positive side your use of light is good and the eyes are of interest. Here is an example of some teaching materials that I wrote just last year, perhaps you will find some of it helpful:

For beginning art students there are two helpful methods to assist in learning how to properly render a subject.

gesture drawing: There is really no problem with a lack of realism when engaged in a gesture drawing. To do a gesture drawing one must look at the subject, perhaps a live model, and rapidly draw lines in an expressive manner in order to achieve its "look and feel. Again, little importance is placed on accuracy but instead on fluid expressive movements of the hand with the writing instrument or crayon. As the student views the subject, they continually look back and forth between the image that they are creating and the subject matter. The object of this exercises is to train the budding artist to create the sense of life and/or movement in their work, learning to do so without consciously thinking about that goal as they progress as a graphic/visual artist.

contour drawing; This exercise is designed to allow the student to, once again, focus on the positive aspects of the correct execution of the assignment, and not so much the visual outcome of the drawing. It is very important that the pupil remember to keep the writing/drawing instrument on the surface of the paper or electronic media screen and only focus their gaze directly upon the subject. The visual focus being the very edge of the subject matter, the student traces the outline of only the model, and as their attention is affixed to it they circumscribe its entire contour. It is best to limit these sessions to less than thirty minutes so that fatigue is not an issue. Many will find their creations ugly or humorous, which may add to the levity of the class as a whole, but this is, again, simply a ways to a means not a lesson designed to create Louvre quality pieces or art.

Our aspiring visual art scholars should complete these two exercises over a period of two months, having practiced in and after class for no less than six combined hours per week and a combined exercises time of at least fifty to sixty hours. After this is accomplished the student will be ready to attempt more accurate representations of still life, skeletal, and figure drawing exercises where more emphasis shifts to realism and the play of dark and light to give the subject matter the illusion of depth and texture.

like what psychotime said study the human body. go on google and look up Human anatomy. it's a pain in the butt to get it down right, but it is well worth it. and the hair try to avoid single strands of hair. try makeing them locks of hair either like how poke-mon does their hair( which i find to easy) of what the ovas of hellsing did

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3189/2864701679_c18aba10dc.jpg

if it's too hard to do this way you could always put less locks of hair. hope this helps you kiddo

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.