Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Avatar -The legend of Aang- - Minitokyo

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Mangakaforever

Your acts make you.

Okay, I don't know how popular is it. I just know that they make a film about (The last Airbender), and i just know that's a cartoon too (Avatar - The legen of Aang-). I'm watching this cartoon's episodes. It's different from an usual anime/manga, but it as something that reminds me about this japannese style (for example the eyes of the characters, the story, the environment, ecc ... however not too much.). So here's my question: could it be considered an anime/manga?
Thanks! ^^

----Well i'm not a mangaka like Eiichiro Oda, i'm just a simple mangaka, okayy????? u.u :D----

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

no, avatar is not japanese anime. it was developed by an american creator and put on an american programming network called nick. source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender the americans are very famous for taking things which are popular and drawing their works to match that of their competitors to attempt to bring in more viewers, as are all competitors. but sadly, regardless of how it's drawn, it is not japanese anime.

just for the record another the last airbender is in the works.

hope this helps clear up a few things.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

there's gonna be a continuation of it but aang and katara and everyone else is gunna be old. it's a NEW story but about with their kids.

I would consider it more of a cartoon, even though it definitely has strong anime influences as well as American cartoon styles.

yea everyone answered your question here butttttttttttt Avatar the last airbender is awesomeee! not to compare it to anime, but if it was an anime series, it'd probably rank in my top 5 XD i heard the movie sucked though :T

chamber-of-kings katekyo-hitman-reborn wings-lovers

I like it!

I'm not pretty sure if other people will accept it as an anime but for me, I can consider it to be an anime(an english anime or whatever you want to call it).The series is really good(too bad I only have a low quality one) and talking about the live movie, I'm looking forward to see the book 2 of it. I wonder when will it be available on theaters...

i love hte show

I like this serie

No I don't think it should be considered anime or manga

Nah, it isn't anime but the creators of this show appear to have tried to keep it in the same spirit as shonen anime. :)

The movie really is beautiful. The sheer detail they've worked in is impressive.

Mangakaforever

Your acts make you.

thanks 4 ur comments :) but i'm surprised. i thought i'm the only one that loves avatar here xD ahahah
---even my account name's "mangakaforever" (i dicovered the manga style just like one year ago and i felt in love with it ;D) i'm not a master ...---
thank u again to everyone! ^_^

----Well i'm not a mangaka like Eiichiro Oda, i'm just a simple mangaka, okayy????? u.u :D----

No its not considered as many have said by now since it was never originally debuted in japan and never had japanese voice actors. And i believe the creator of Avatar is M. Night Shamalan, of Indian origin

Mangakaforever

Your acts make you.

thankx, Naphartiri .... ur name remembers me of Naytiri (from avatar, the film) :D ...

the action is great...

its really funny

I Like Icchie

Avatar The Last Air Bender is technically not an anime. To me it still should be. It was created in America and Nickelodeon plays it. It is influenced with Chinese and Korean styles. But its still one of my favorite shows. They making a short spin off called Avatar the Legend of Korra. Its about a girl avatar, It takes place after Aang has passed. She is in the search for they're Katara and Aangs son to learn her last element, air bending. I'm really excited to see this. But sad that all the characters are all gone. Should come out in November of this year.

merged: 03-25-2011 ~ 06:58pm

Quote by NaphartiriNo its not considered as many have said by now since it was never originally debuted in japan and never had japanese voice actors. And i believe the creator of Avatar is M. Night Shamalan, of Indian origin

M. Night isn't the creator, THANK GOD! He directed the live action movie. Which was absolutely HORRIBLE. Actually its created and produced by Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko.

of course ! .. avatar: legend of ang is a great cartoon but anime too .. certainly .. did they know that the second season will go out this year? .. will be name avatar: legend of korra (korra: daughter of ang and katara ! )

Dreadwave

Dreadwave

Hunter of snark bait.

@J-Kei: Korra the next avatar is not related to Aang or katara. In fact most of the main characters have already died of old age, supposedly Korra has already mastered water,fire and earth she is just trying to find Aang and Kataras son who is the only airbender master left.

I guess I have an advantage over most people. At least I know I'm not getting a happy ending.Signature Image

@Dreadware: haha ok .. wise I who was treating of the same thing that in the past season, to control the elements and to conquer the villain, and that the son of ang and katara would help to korra and also wise it of which the protagonists of the past season were died for that according to this history it will be 70 years later .. jeje but thank

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

Quote by MangakaforeverOkay, I don't know how popular is it. I just know that they make a film about (The last Airbender), and i just know that's a cartoon too (Avatar - The legen of Aang-). I'm watching this cartoon's episodes. It's different from an usual anime/manga, but it as something that reminds me about this japannese style (for example the eyes of the characters, the story, the environment, ecc ... however not too much.). So here's my question: could it be considered an anime/manga?
Thanks! ^^

Ya know, I'm a pretty big fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender and this question sure does come up quite a bit.
My opinion: Yeah, it is. :P
I know, I read what everyone else said, but anime, correct me if I'm wrong is just a style of animation made famous in japan. Its like me drawing a chibi character and saying that because I didn't draw it in Japan or because I'm not Japanese, it isn't actually a chibi; ya know?

Also, I've heard that all the main characters from Airbender are dead in Korra. Surprising given the extreme age of some characters and the relative short length, 70 years, in between Airbender and Korra.

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

Mangakaforever

Your acts make you.

Quote by Legionary

Quote by MangakaforeverOkay, I don't know how popular is it. I just know that they make a film about (The last Airbender), and i just know that's a cartoon too (Avatar - The legen of Aang-). I'm watching this cartoon's episodes. It's different from an usual anime/manga, but it as something that reminds me about this japannese style (for example the eyes of the characters, the story, the environment, ecc ... however not too much.). So here's my question: could it be considered an anime/manga?
Thanks! ^^

Ya know, I'm a pretty big fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender and this question sure does come up quite a bit.
My opinion: Yeah, it is. :P
I know, I read what everyone else said, but anime, correct me if I'm wrong is just a style of animation made famous in japan. Its like me drawing a chibi character and saying that because I didn't draw it in Japan or because I'm not Japanese, it isn't actually a chibi; ya know?

Also, I've heard that all the main characters from Airbender are dead in Korra. Surprising given the extreme age of some characters and the relative short length, 70 years, in between Airbender and Korra.

Yeah, I agree with you.. I think it is an anime, though an american one :)

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Please don't bump your thread simply to agree with something someone posted over a year ago.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.