Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Disliked Anime Pairings - Minitokyo

Disliked Anime Pairings

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 42 total items

As the title states, pairings you wish didn't/wouldn't happen in various anime.

Also, to make this different, you can also put to a lesser extent, any pairings that you DON'T necessarily "hate", but just feel that they don't seem to make much sense for some reason, didn't get enough development to really be that likable, and so on.

I'm sure a vast majority are on board with me in saying that one of them is definitely Athrun/Meyrin in Gundam SEED Destiny, lol.

Orihime and Ichigo (Bleach)- In my opinion she tries to hard to get Ichigo to notice her. Ichigo is not interested in her. End of story....:P IN my opinon....(my bff would kill me..)

Hinata and Naruto- ...I've always disliked this pairing...Hinata is more in love with Naruto's will of fire (ability to never give up during hard times). She's really not in love with him in my opinion. Naruto is more interested in Sakura. (again...my bff would kill me)

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

Tenma X Harima (School Rumble): it's just a terrible idea, lol.

Sasuke X Sakura (Naruto): gross. no chemistry at all. not even a little. =S

Belldandy X Keichii (Ah! My Goddess): lol, but its the whole point of the show! Yeah, but Belldandy bugs the hell out of me; its like she has no personality other than she likes to clean and cook, meanwhile every other character Keichii comes into contact with is super interesting. Dump her! XD

Yoshida x Yuji (Shakugan No Shana): What the hell, Yuji? Your Shana's man!

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

Mileyangel321

Mileyangel321

Anime Freak

Not necessarily ANIME shippings but...

These are from the Pokemon Special manga. *This post is LADEN in sarcasm.*

SpecialShipping (RedxYellow)- Arguably the most popular Pokemon Special shipping, but it bugs the hell out of me. Yellow hero-worships Red and looks up to him, but Red himself shows no romantic interest towards her whatsoever. They have much more of a brother-sister relationship than boyfriend/girlfriend, but that doesn't stop thousands of people from writing crappy and sappy fanfics about them.

OldRivalShipping- (BluexGreen) Once again a VASTLY overrated shipping. This shipping LITERALLY has only TWO hints, and they're pretty minor. The only people who like it are Specialshippers, who love it because it "completes the group." At any given time, there are about 1,731+ OldRivalshipping fanfics on Fanfiction.net, about half of which try to incorporate Specialshipping. Once again, they show no interest towards one another other than being friends.

Even though there is some beautiful art of it out there, for me it's Sasuke x Sakura, simply because Sakura deserves better.

And any pairing where it's completely obvious from the moment the girl/guy appears that it's the one the main character is destined for, and they're completely obvious about their feelings (except to each other), but they never make a serious move. Especially in a long series where they take until the very end to get together, all the while internally talking about how much they like the other person. It's times like those that I really just want to sit them down, say "So look, you're both in love with the other, now spare us the 100+ chapters of angst and just get together already."

There are a few that can pull this off well, without overdoing the attraction angst, and perhaps even leave you wishing for more, yet this is rare. For me, I may stay with a series even when this appears because of various other factors, such as how much I like the characters individually, the plot, and the mangaka's ability to keep me interested, but it takes a very good series to keep me from putting it down and reducing my exposure to the mostly predictable drama that will unfold and only frustrate me. Because I am definitely the type of person who gets too emotionally involved in anything they read whether they want to or not.

Tomoya x Nagisa (CLANNAD)
I don't get it why people like this pairing. I think Kyou or Tomoyo match him more than Nagisa.

Signature
	Imagehttp://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l630/derederedesu/Signatures%20desu/Primulaminitokyosignature.gif[/sigimg]

honeycomb

honeycomb

honeycomb

Naruto x sakura. They're kinda annoying

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

Quote by HalfDemonInuyashaAs the title states, pairings you wish didn't/wouldn't happen in various anime.

Also, to make this different, you can also put to a lesser extent, any pairings that you DON'T necessarily "hate", but just feel that they don't seem to make much sense for some reason, didn't get enough development to really be that likable, and so on.

I'm sure a vast majority are on board with me in saying that one of them is definitely Athrun/Meyrin in Gundam SEED Destiny, lol.

I'm one of those few that actually support Athrun x Meyrin as a couple due the fact that Meyrin has shown she does indeed love Athrun and stayed by his side, taking a risk by leaving ZAFT with him, believing he was innocent of the crimes the higher-ups were accusing him of and as he recovered from his injuries, she is also not tied down to leading an entire nation as Cagalli is and is able to devote more time to the relationship. Perhaps Athrun x Cagalli mirrors Heero x Relena, although Heero and Relena care for one another, they couldn't be together as a couple. It is called harsh reality(usually due to tragedy, war, and politics) and not every perfect couple will have a fairy tale ending. Speaking of Relena, most dislike her with Heero and prefer him with Duo(usually due to Gundam Wing's heavy yaoi fanbase it has and the preferred pairings are the male characters of the series together).

Also, near the end of the Bakuretsu Hunters manga, I didn't like Carrot and Tira getting married to each other, I think Tira deserved better, the same with Inuyasha's Miroku and Sango, she also deserved better. I don't care for pairings where the male in the relationship is a habitual womanizer/flirt.

Signature

springheeljack

springheeljack

The Return

Quote by lizziephatomhive5599Tomoya x Nagisa (CLANNAD)
I don't get it why people like this pairing. I think Kyou or Tomoyo match him more than Nagisa.

I agree, I didnt think she was that good as the main heroine.. it didnt seem like they really matched up well

You may bury my body in a supermarket aisle
Bury my body in the fresh meat aisle
You may bury my body in a supermarket aisle
And I will rise again like an exocet missile Signature Image

Quote by minayuriI'm one of those few that actually support Athrun x Meyrin as a couple due the fact that Meyrin has shown she does indeed love Athrun and stayed by his side, taking a risk by leaving ZAFT with him, believing he was innocent of the crimes the higher-ups were accusing him of and as he recovered from his injuries, she is also not tied down to leading an entire nation as Cagalli is and is able to devote more time to the relationship.[/qupte]

I dunno...that was ONE moment out of the ENTIRE series really, so no real development leading up to such a point to really justify it being "true" love, and things were chaotic as it is...not to mention the story was already going down the tubes thanks to the writers and director x_x;;

And yes, Cagalli was focusing on leading Orb, but she didn't even bother to ask Athrun if he would stay and at least help her (at least after everything else was over and done with) nor he asking her. She just breaks everything off with a little tear, walks away, and pretty much dumps him into Meyrin's arms, despite everything they had been through throughout SEED and SEED Destiny.

Of course, not everything must be perfect, but there's still a bunch of holes that could've been filled to make it more believable too...

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

Quote by HalfDemonInuyasha

Quote by minayuriI'm one of those few that actually support Athrun x Meyrin as a couple due the fact that Meyrin has shown she does indeed love Athrun and stayed by his side, taking a risk by leaving ZAFT with him, believing he was innocent of the crimes the higher-ups were accusing him of and as he recovered from his injuries, she is also not tied down to leading an entire nation as Cagalli is and is able to devote more time to the relationship.[/qupte]

I dunno...that was ONE moment out of the ENTIRE series really, so no real development leading up to such a point to really justify it being "true" love, and things were chaotic as it is...not to mention the story was already going down the tubes thanks to the writers and director x_x;;

And yes, Cagalli was focusing on leading Orb, but she didn't even bother to ask Athrun if he would stay and at least help her (at least after everything else was over and done with) nor he asking her. She just breaks everything off with a little tear, walks away, and pretty much dumps him into Meyrin's arms, despite everything they had been through throughout SEED and SEED Destiny.

Of course, not everything must be perfect, but there's still a bunch of holes that could've been filled to make it more believable too...

Yes, it didn't help that the writing for GSD was sloppy when it came to filling in the holes in the story . I think I read somewhere that the director's wife, one of the head writers for the series had fallen ill, and despite that she was still working to complete the series. Perhaps GSD would've been a better series if the director had hired someone else to take his wife's place. However it is also worth mentioning that Cagalli was also in the same position as Meyrin was back in SEED, back in SEED Cagalli and Athrun barely knew each other aside from their encounters with one another and due to the fact that the final stretch of the war was chaotic with Cagalli seeing her nation come under attack and losing her father and Athrun's engagement to Lacus falling apart because she had fallen for Kira added to the fact that their fathers had become political enemies and Athrun's betrayal of ZAFT caused a rift between he and his father, so he sought comfort from Cagalli.

Signature

Quote by kawaiigurl2011Orihime and Ichigo (Bleach)- In my opinion she tries to hard to get Ichigo to notice her. Ichigo is not interested in her. End of story....:P IN my opinon....(my bff would kill me..)

Hinata and Naruto- ...I've always disliked this pairing...Hinata is more in love with Naruto's will of fire (ability to never give up during hard times). She's really not in love with him in my opinion. Naruto is more interested in Sakura. (again...my bff would kill me)

The series kinda implies to me that Ichigo is either gay or total immune to boy-girls relationship.

School Rumble's Yakumo with Harima. Kinda spoils the heart of this otaku here.............

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

Light and Misa. Misa deserved better =3=
Ritsu and Mio. Ritsu isn't a lesbian >.>
Kagami and Konata. Kagami isn't a lesbian.
Ok those last two pairings are pretty much dreamed up by fans ^_^;

and Selphie and Irvine from FF8 >.>;

Quote by minayuriYes, it didn't help that the writing for GSD was sloppy when it came to filling in the holes in the story . I think I read somewhere that the director's wife, one of the head writers for the series had fallen ill, and despite that she was still working to complete the series. Perhaps GSD would've been a better series if the director had hired someone else to take his wife's place. However it is also worth mentioning that Cagalli was also in the same position as Meyrin was back in SEED, back in SEED Cagalli and Athrun barely knew each other aside from their encounters with one another and due to the fact that the final stretch of the war was chaotic with Cagalli seeing her nation come under attack and losing her father and Athrun's engagement to Lacus falling apart because she had fallen for Kira added to the fact that their fathers had become political enemies and Athrun's betrayal of ZAFT caused a rift between he and his father, so he sought comfort from Cagalli.

The BIG difference here is, like I said, development.

Athrun and Cagalli didn't meet just once, then end up encountering eachother in a chaotic situation half a series later and just end up together out of convenience. They encountered eachother several times and talked quite a bit each time, allowing them to get to know and understand one another which allowed them to form a believable relationship by the time they sealed it with a kiss near the end of SEED.

Also we can't forget that while Athrun may care for Lacus, there wasn't really any sign of "love" between them. After all, it was simply an arranged marriage between Siegal and Patrick in order to put up a strong face for ZAFT and, wanting to please their fathers and help their homeland, they simply tried to have things work out, but there was no point by the end when Patrick took everything to hell for ZAFT, so it's not like Athrun lost one love and simply sought comfort in another like Flay did when Kira "died" and she simply tried to get back to Sai for comfort.

Takeru x Hikari from Digimon Adventure. I hate both of them, so I hate them paired.
They're really annoying.

Ichigo and Orihime

xragunax

xragunax

The Wind that Vanishes into Dusk

i kinda agree with lizziephatomhive5599, anyone here like the ova the kyou and tomoyo chapters?

merged: 01-19-2011 ~ 01:03pm
+ Shinn Asuka x lunamaria hawke, y suddenly will shinn fell in love with her? and i though she like Athrun?

Ranma Saotome x Akane Tendo (Ranma

Ciel x Elizabeth in Kuroshitsuji.

The sole reason is Elizabeth. She's pretty and all but her personality does make me very irritated.

IchigoxOrihime

One I forgot to add myself would be Inuyasha and Kagome. While I know it "makes sense" and it's not like I hate Kagome or anything, it just...doesn't work for me personally. I always thought he looked much better with Kikyo or, in terms of situations and such, Sango would work out better overall.

Ichigo and Orhime. Orhime is just to dependent on him. Although when she is not thinking about him she is actually a cool character.

I don't "dislike" it but this isn't a pairing imo=>Ichigo x orihime.

Orihime as character is lonely,they all tell her what to do,ichigo likes to save everyone and never paid attention at orihime seriously.When ichigo is in screen orihime isn't herself.It's a very negative relationship,when the one can't understand the others feelings(not "loving feelings"),is this good?
Imo the HM arc is very clearly for that.

~One Piece~Bleach~Fairy Tail~Gintama~And many others!!!

Orihime is the (part 1) Sakura of Bleach from what I've seen/read...when she's NOT around the boy she obviously likes, she can be quite a likable character, strong, etc...but add in the boy and she becomes little more than a cheerleader/damsel in distress...

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 42 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.