Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 the number 1 sin - Minitokyo

the number 1 sin

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 33 total items

Videled

Videled

Er..

Quote by SanzosSaru

Quote by VideledIn society, it is incest and murder.

Wrong, In many cultures, incest is very common. And almost everywhere, brother/sister incest is a very light offense. Inter cousin marriage is very common in many countries. Only parent/child incest is universally rejected, and it's not because of the incest itself, it's because there's an abuse of power

Er, that's what I learned by a teacher. I guess that was wrong then.

Quote by SanzosSaruAnd almost everywhere, brother/sister incest is a very light offense.

I'm not really convinced by that though.. Do you have some example ? Because in the countries I went, it was kinda taboo.

Quote by VideledEr, that's what I learned by a teacher. I guess that was wrong then.

You shouldn't believe blindly all that teachers say. Sometimes they have facts wrong, and sometimes they have a clear moral bias. Especially teachers in Social Sciences.

Quote: I'm not really convinced by that though.. Do you have some example ? Because in the countries I went, it was kinda taboo.

That's actually what I'm saying; it's a taboo, something that some cultures but not all mankind condemns. In the East, for example, cousin/cousin marriages are very common! And in the West, sibling incest would only provoke frowns, when there's clearly no abuse being conducted. The biggest sins are things that all mankind, regardless of culture, thinks are very wrong; things like pederasty, murder or rape.

"Also, Russia liked America in the same way that little boys liked the ants they burnt on the sidewalks in the summer. Only with a little more pizzazz, and outer space." (or "why do they call this war cold, baby, when it's so hot between us?" xD. America/Russia in a nutshell)

"Is there just something in the water over here, that makes you guys every so often go 'fuck it, let's have a rumble?'. I'm not touching another one of your big, European, 'bring your friends' wars, like you're throwing a neighborhood potluck or something. It's not my job to ride in like the fucking cavalry every time you get into a jam." (America's thoughts on Europe, after the "well, that was pretty pointless" fiesta of WW1. From "The Chosen End")

Videled

Videled

Er..

Oh, I understand. I suppose I amalgamed taboo and sin.

number one sin? uhm... for me, it would be the 'murder'...

greed
envy
avarice

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but wounds from those will always heal.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but wounds from words may never heal.

Quote by FateAverruncusBlasphemy against the Holy Spirit

...are you serious?

"Also, Russia liked America in the same way that little boys liked the ants they burnt on the sidewalks in the summer. Only with a little more pizzazz, and outer space." (or "why do they call this war cold, baby, when it's so hot between us?" xD. America/Russia in a nutshell)

"Is there just something in the water over here, that makes you guys every so often go 'fuck it, let's have a rumble?'. I'm not touching another one of your big, European, 'bring your friends' wars, like you're throwing a neighborhood potluck or something. It's not my job to ride in like the fucking cavalry every time you get into a jam." (America's thoughts on Europe, after the "well, that was pretty pointless" fiesta of WW1. From "The Chosen End")

Quote by SanzosSaru

Quote by FateAverruncusBla(...) against the Holy Spirit

...are you serious?

Indeed I am.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but wounds from those will always heal.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but wounds from words may never heal.

IcyBlade

IcyBlade

eXceed Master

I am not saying this from that "Seven Deadly Sins" or something like that. It's simple. Defying god is a sin itself.

Signature
Ready to shootout! eXceed!
-Rain Lindwurm-

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 33 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.