Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 New Wallpaper - Minitokyo

New Wallpaper

Tagged under Vampire Knight

page 1 of 1 10 total items

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

I created this a few months ago, took me about 6 or 7 hours to make. I just decided to get people's opinion's on it before I submitted it to this site. The vector was done by kuroneko988. The title is Kuran Flower because in the background there is a flower and that is where I put Yuki.

http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/MisaKuran/?action=view&current=Yuuki.jpg

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

Hi Misa ^^

Ok the vectoring sure is nice. I just find the BG odd. I think it's too red that it kinda blended yuuki's hair into the BG.

Here are some tips, I just hope it can be of some help.
These are the things I usually ask myself before walling.
1. Why do I want to wall this character/series?
2. What do I want it to look like in the end?
3. Having a scan at hand, what BG suits it? ( I usually get stuck in here) hehe

Seeing your scan and your wallpaper, I think you're aiming for a patterned wallpaper, and I think there's nothing wrong with that. It's actually better than slapping the BG into some scenic stock photo (that is if you're not good at blending, don't worry I suck at it xD). So now, I think the problem I see here is that the colors as well as the too realistic BG. Need to work on that ^^. I can't give you my full tips ( like what I want to do with it, if I were wall it) because this is your wallpaper so it's your decision. These are just my opinions. ^^

Signature Image

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

srsn just mentioned everything..... I have to agree that the Bg has parts that is too realistic for Yuuki (with the way she is vectored).... though I find the design very interesting... the redness of the wall hurts my eye too much so you also have to work on that too

I agree; desaturating the background a little bit would help. Also, have you considered flipping it so the extra detail is opposite to Yuuki or maybe making a soft thin glow around her to emphasize her?

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

Okay, here is my revision. A glow was added around Yuuki. And I moved her.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/MisaKuran/?action=view&current=KuranFlower2.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs984.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fae327%2FMisaKuran%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DKuranFlower2.jpg
There also another size on my photobucket account as well

Well, I don't mind the red background, it's a matter of personal preference but I think that the red and black look quite nice together. The technical aspects seem to be handled sufficiently and overall this is quite an impressive piece for someone new at walling. Nice job.

springheeljack

springheeljack

The Return

I think you should do it..probably without a doubt

merged: 02-07-2011 ~ 06:25am
everything seems to go together nicely

You may bury my body in a supermarket aisle
Bury my body in the fresh meat aisle
You may bury my body in a supermarket aisle
And I will rise again like an exocet missile Signature Image

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

I quite like the concept and the colours. :3 I think all it needs to blend the vector in more, is a touch of the orange/gold glow on Yuuki, on the right, and maybe shadows on her, on the left. Since the light's shining from the right.. Other than that, great job! :)

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

Ah, I remember this wall! ^-^

The only things I think should be changed is how you incorporate the character into the BG. The color of the background suits the character, but as for the design (brushes, effects, etc.) it seems like it doesn't have much to do with Yuki. Also, it would be 10x better if it was maybe a little bigger? :D Everyone likes big clear wallies~

Anyways, yeah, if you find a way to combine the BG and character nicely I think you'll be set :) A suggestion would be to maybe have the brushes coming out of the character like an explosion from her head that at the end changes into flowers? idk? xD You can do what you think will work best.

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

I was an abstract kinda thing I wanted to try is all^^

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.